[WIP][Recovery][Root] TWRP 3.0.2-0 Galaxy Note 7 All Exynos Model: N930F/FD/S/L/K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dubaidroid

Jan 21, 2015
dubai
Tried and tired
Dosent work . No official firmwares available so in case if things mess up . Only vitenamese firmware available , and now Mr Bill has bricked his phone flashing it.
Will wait for official firmware release to go back to factory state

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA Free mobile app

WolfW

Jun 17, 2016
Here are the screenshots....

You should ad tar only to AP and press start. Read the OP very carefully.

Also tried that. No joy...

Tried and tired
Dosent work . No official firmwares available so in case if things mess up . Only vitenamese firmware available , and now Mr Bill has bricked his phone flashing it.
Will wait for official firmware release to go back to factory state

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA Free mobile app

Try with new Odin tool: http://xdaforums.com/note-7/how-to/odin3v3-12-44-samsung-galaxy-note-7-t3437064

WolfW

Jun 17, 2016
[WIP] Rootable Kernel, Fix Bootloop Without TWRP !

Rootable Kernel base stock kernel N930FXXU1APG7:
- Patched sepolicy
- Disabled dm-verity
- Disabled forceencrypt
- SuperSU 2.76 Systemless

Install:
- Copy su.img and SuperSU.apk file to Internal storage (root folder) (skip if want fix bootloop only, don't Root)
- Enable "OEM unlock"
- Reboot into Download mode (sure "FAP LOCK: OFF")
- Flash Rootable_Kernel_G_Alpha02.tar.md5 via Odin (AP)
- Reboot (2 time)

Attachments

• Rootable_Kernel_G_Alpha02.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Reactions: 2k10MBC300SPT

WolfW

Jun 17, 2016
Rootable Kernel base stock kernel N930FXXU1APG7:
- Patched sepolicy
- Disabled dm-verity
- Disabled forceencrypt
- SuperSU 2.76 Systemless

Install:
- Copy su.img and SuperSU.apk file to Internal storage (root folder) (skip if want fix bootloop only, don't Root)
- Enable "OEM unlock"
- Reboot into Download mode (sure "FAP LOCK: OFF")
- Flash Rootable_Kernel_G_Alpha02.tar.md5 via Odin (AP)
- Reboot (2 time)

I try this.. Nothing

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

No working

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Please try Rootable Kernel !
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68184791&postcount=25

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
Hi,

So ive done the ODIN part successfully. Pls see screenshot. I however am unable to go into recovery by pressing home+power+volume up. Every time I do this i just stay at the main Galaxy Note 7 screen. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
For anyone like me going thru bootloops........So i started getting a boot loop after I used ODIN for TWRP. What I did was download the ZIP from here , ran ODIN as administrator and put ONLY the MD5 file which says AP(After extraction). The 1st try it gave FAIL but the 2nd try worked like a charm. My phone was back to normal. Ive retried using ODIN to install the recovery again and it says PASS however I am still unable to get into recovery using the buttons or ADB. It just stays on the initial Galaxy note screen.

My device is FD version

Last edited:

johar.sanjeev

Account currently disabled
Jul 25, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
For anyone like me going thru bootloops........So i started getting a boot loop after I used ODIN for TWRP. What I did was download the ZIP from here , ran ODIN as administrator and put ONLY the MD5 file which says AP(After extraction). The 1st try it gave FAIL but the 2nd try worked like a charm. My phone was back to normal. Ive retried using ODIN to install the recovery again and it says PASS however I am still unable to get into recovery using the buttons or ADB. It just stays on the initial Galaxy note screen.

My device is FD version
when u flash recovery just un tick auto reboot in odin under options. When it says PASS just hold the combination of button (volume down+home+power) to go to download mode again and hit for option(volume down key) to restart device while device is restarting hold the combination of keys(volume up + home+power) to go in recovery. So just go ahead

Reactions: Bigmar75

dingolino

Jan 2, 2008
Hi,
The Custom Recovery is triggering Knox - so far so good. Does anybody know whether the iris scanner will still work if Knox is triggered?

Best regards
dingolino

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

elevation_2

Aug 26, 2011
when u flash recovery just un tick auto reboot in odin under options. When it says PASS just hold the combination of button (volume down+home+power) to go to download mode again and hit for option(volume down key) to restart device while device is restarting hold the combination of keys(volume up + home+power) to go in recovery. So just go ahead
I did that and it didnt work. Actually tried it countless times. Whats your model number?

JazonX

Did this actually work on your device ?
Is it FD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] Stock Rootable Kernel Galaxy Note7 N930F/FD/S/L/K Without TWRP (08/20/2016)

TWRP 3.0.2-0 Galaxy Note 7 All Exynos Model Only: N930F/FD/S/L/K

Install TWRP
    Consider before flash anything (Knox tripped), all you risk !!!
    Stock firmware for full restore:
    http://samfirm.net/forums/samsung-galaxy-note7.86/

WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on.
    You generally don't have to worry, as it's incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.

WARNING #2: The Galaxy Note7 stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
    SOLUTION: Follow the full rooting steps below, in order, to allow system modifications without the risk of a boot loop!

DOWNLOAD
    Official: http://teamw.in/devices/samsunggalaxynote7exynos.html
    Beta: http://xdaforums.com/note-7/development/recovery-official-twrp-galaxy-note-7-t3446047

- Download Odin 3.12.3 & Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows

1. In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
    2. Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
      You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
      oem-unlock-galaxy-note7-jpg.24136

3. Extract Odin 3.12.3.zip to your computer.
    4. Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your device.
    5. Download a .tar image of TWRP for herolte.
    6. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons while your device reboots.
      Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to continue.
      fap-lock-galaxy-note7-png.24137

7. Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot without touching any other options, then press [Start].
    8. Hold [Volume Up] + [Home] buttons near the end of the flash, and keep holding them until you are in recovery.
    9. At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
      By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don't follow step 11 you will be unable to boot!
      If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
    10. Only if you want internal storage or data to work in TWRP:
      Go to [Wipe] -> [Format Data] (not advanced wipe) -> type "yes".
      WARNING: This will wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
      Go to [Reboot] -> [Recovery].
    11. If you want to be rooted with SuperSU:
      Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire.
      Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
    12. If you only want a bootable system partition or writable data in TWRP:
      Download dm-verity and force encryption disabler.
      Without exiting TWRP, transfer no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
    13. Go to [Reboot] -> [System].

FEATURES
    • MTP support
    • USB Mass Storage support
    • Micro SDcard and USB OTG storage support
    • f2fs file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
    • exFAT file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
    • NTFS file system support (read, write, format)
    • ADB root
    • Full SELinux support
    • Built in android 6.0 tree

Thank & Credit @jcadduono - S7/S7e TWRP install instructions
    Source: @Manh_IT http://choimobile.vn/threads/huong-dan-cai-twrp-galaxy-note-7-all-exynos-model-n930f-s-l-k-w8.67874/
    W8 is the Snapdragon variant. Do not flash this on that.

This TWRP could not have been built from OSRC as it hasn't been released yet, so is likely using a stock kernel leak and missing support for ADB, MTP, UMS, F2FS, NTFS etc. (unlike the post copypaste from my threads says :))

As is usual of Manh_IT and outside Vietnam forums, the sources are unavailable and you're pretty much on your own flashing this.

Once OSRC is out (August 19th for Snapdragon, anywhere between August 19th and September 2nd for Exynos), then official TWRP will be out soon after with all the other features supported.

PS. Would be nice to know if no-verity-opt-encrypt zip works on this device, it isn't working on the new 7870 devices due to forced encryption in vold (encrypts even when encryption disabled in boot image)
    I have already N7 N930F
    With tripped Knox. (Two times soft bricked)
    Only secure folder not working and probably won't
    Iris scanner and shealth working fine.
    OK, so if i want to fix my Samsung note 7 recovery, SM-N930FD, I should flash only the AP... correct? :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moved to a New Thread...
    Fix your Samsung Note 7 - Snapdragon - Exynos - SM-N930__ - All regions and types...
    So you think this be best route to take for unlocked bootloader the FD variant? Will all bands work here in Canada?

FD or F is fine, I choose FD for option of dual sim they should support same bands. (20 GB for $95 then $0.01/MB tablet plan SIM + basic voice plan for calling SIM if I ever go for it, otherwise I'd probably be shoving my 256 GB microSD in that 2nd SIM slot)
    They use the exact same hardware and kernel configuration/dtb, with the addition of extra sim slot connector, so custom ROMs if they exist will work on both.

According to https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/A34rB/samsung-sm-n930fd-galaxy-note-7-duos-td-lte the N930F/FD support my Tbaytel/Rogers and Bell bands at least, which are 1, 2, 4, 5, 7. (most of my area is B4 AWS city and B5 rural)
    I think 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 should cover all of Canada, and it has all of ATT & T-Mobile's bands covered as well in case we travel to the US.

You can use *#0011# in dialer on Samsung phones to check what band you're on currently. First line, ex. RPC:IDLE, Band:5