[WIP][ROM][ARM64][VoLTE][Redmi 2][DISCONTINUED] CAF_AOSP_7.1.2 for Redmi2 WT88047

Search This thread

Jayminghong

Jan 2, 2018
Yes, stratosphere and true turbo 64 but they are based on old sources, after that time ,versions of this rom released, so it may behave strange or even may not boot

For link search this tread.
And pardon my English.

Bad thing the compiller said that may broken some things on his kernel, so it's better not to waste time with it, besides it is based on old sources too... Well, I have nothing left but awaits dt2w support someday (I'm really addicted and slave of it lol).

Don't worry, my english is much more newbie. :eek:

hiren_fi

Nov 28, 2013
morbi
Bad thing the compiller said that may broken some things on his kernel, so it's better not to waste time with it, besides it is based on old sources too... Well, I have nothing left but awaits dt2w support someday (I'm really addicted and slave of it lol).

Don't worry, my english is much more newbie. :eek:
Yes, but if u want u can ask his developer.

If u know some coding stuff, please help pirej to solve incallvolume bug , the only main thing left solving in this rom.:rolleyes:

optimus_blade

Feb 6, 2015
Mumbai
Hello everyone, I have model 2014818. I am getting frequent reboot on this ROM. This is without or with VOLTE (Jio sim).
I flashed using TWRP and followed the standard procedure of cleaning all Delvik and cache.
Can any one help here why this is happening?
Thank you.

kurtn

Hello everyone, I have model 2014818. I am getting frequent reboot on this ROM. This is without or with VOLTE (Jio sim).
I flashed using TWRP and followed the standard procedure of cleaning all Delvik and cache.
Thank you.
Did you wipe data and system?
Do you have 64 bit gapps?

harish111

Dec 6, 2016
Thank you.
This is because of weak signal u can't do any thing

optimus_blade

Feb 6, 2015
Mumbai
Did you flash the firmware from LOS thread?

Didn't get you.LOS thread?
I will just explain a bit hope it help.
I was on miui 9 latest version. I was having problem like network use to completely vanish sometimes just like that. It felt like it got reset and then it use to come back. This use to happen anytime. so I planned on using custom rom. Installed TWRP through miui updater (download the file from twrp page). and then flashed this rom. after that i flashed gapp pico 64bit as suggested. It works well but gets randomly rebooted automatically. initially i thought its due to JIO (VOLTE) network so i removed that SIM but didnt help. Its still doing the same.
I wiped complete system data delvic cache before installing.
I went to recovery after getting this problem and wiped delvic cache again but of no use.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

This is because of weak signal u can't do any thing

I also thought for a while as i went throught the thread till 80th page. But signal is strong at my place. Also it happened at different geographical locations too. Once thing i do observed that jio network in the bar was always fluctuating no matter where i am and it use to be never full. Help me figure out this plz.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Did you wipe data and system?
Do you have 64 bit gapps?

Yes i did. I am thinking to do a complete process again. Just to be sure that i didn't miss anything.

Varin66

Jun 13, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S23
Didn't get you.LOS thread?
I will just explain a bit hope it help.
I was on miui 9 latest version. I was having problem like network use to completely vanish sometimes just like that. It felt like it got reset and then it use to come back. This use to happen anytime. so I planned on using custom rom. Installed TWRP through miui updater (download the file from twrp page). and then flashed this rom. after that i flashed gapp pico 64bit as suggested. It works well but gets randomly rebooted automatically. initially i thought its due to JIO (VOLTE) network so i removed that SIM but didnt help. Its still doing the same.
I wiped complete system data delvic cache before installing.
I went to recovery after getting this problem and wiped delvic cache again but of no use.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I also thought for a while as i went throught the thread till 80th page. But signal is strong at my place. Also it happened at different geographical locations too. Once thing i do observed that jio network in the bar was always fluctuating no matter where i am and it use to be never full. Help me figure out this plz.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Yes i did. I am thinking to do a complete process again. Just to be sure that i didn't miss anything.

Were you on MIUI 9 Lollipop or Kitkat version?

optimus_blade

Feb 6, 2015
Mumbai
Dont exactly remember...n also dnt hv screenshot of about phone...so cant say...i read other threads last night n got to knw that i sud hv lolipop firmware before flashing this rom...got the firmware in los 14.1 thread...flashed it n wiped delvic cache.... Been n hr ...havnt seen a reboot yet...but jio sim is only working when i insert it in slot one..that too it shows netwrk but no internet..i switched it to sim two...there is no netwrk at all.. Sud i do a clean install again?

pirej

Jan 13, 2013
Skopje

At this point, its better to say that there will be no oreo from me, but if i get something i will share it.
The last two days i was trying to make the oreo kernel to boot, and now im getting something, at least i saw the bootanimation, but after a while it reboots again, and again.
The biggest problem is that cant get any logs of the booting/rebooting, no ramoops, nothing... :(
When i manage to get some logs, i might get a step or two closer to booting the rom.
So, for now... nothing.

Rupamxx

Oct 2, 2016
At this point, its better to say that there will be no oreo from me, but if i get something i will share it.
The last two days i was trying to make the oreo kernel to boot, and now im getting something, at least i saw the bootanimation, but after a while it reboots again, and again.
The biggest problem is that cant get any logs of the booting/rebooting, no ramoops, nothing... :(
When i manage to get some logs, i might get a step or two closer to booting the rom.
So, for now... nothing.

Thanks for the news, man. It feels great to know that my favorite rom is gonna have a oreo version and u are working so hard for it while most other developers have stopped their support for our precious redmi 2?. Thank you so much ?.

Reactions: lor3tz and pirej

Amithrynal

Aug 12, 2016
Mangalore
URGENT HELP!! [WIP][ROM][ARM64][VoLTE][Redmi 2] CAF_AOSP_7.1.2 for Redmi2 WT88047

Hello,
HELP!!
I flashed this ROM to my Redmi 2 Prime(wt88047) with open gapps arm64 pico. Installation went flawlessly. This ROM is Awesome. Lightning Fast. I love the smoothness. Overall ROM is Good.

As every ROM has some issues/bugs, I'm experiencing few;
-Battery charging very slow(took more than 5-7 hrs)
-Heating issues followed by Battery draining, a lot fast
-Speaker sound is decent, but not loud

I am mainly concerned with first two issues mentioned above. Anyone came around similar issues? OR Any kernel fixes available? OR Any solutions as such.. Please do revert your opinions..
THANK YOU!! @pirej

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, this rom is built using arm64 sources from Codeaurora, branch LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.29 with some adjustments to fit our "little precious... "

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

INSTALLATION
    - MAKE BACKUP of your working rom before flashing this one.
    - Boot into recovery
    - Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
    - Flash the zip
    - Reboot your device
    First boot takes some time. Wait patiently.

WORKING
    - Wifi,
    - Bluetooth,
    - RIL (voicecall, sms, data),
    - SDCard,
    - audio / video
    - FM radio
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - VoLTE

NOT WORKING
    - Camera
    - GPS

SOURCES
    https://github.com/redmi2

CREDITS
    me
    you
    everyone

DOWNLOADS
    androidfilehost
    wt8847_64_twrp_3.2.1

If you want root, flash
    "phh's SuperUser"
    OR
    SuperSU
    OR
    MagiskSU

Gaaps are not included, open_gapps-arm64-7.1-pico works fine.

The ROM supports signature spoofing, so you can use microG as a "replacement" for gaaps.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CAF, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2

Contributors
    pirej
    Source Code: https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.1.1 and L bootloader
    Based On: CAF AOSP ARM64

Version Information

Created 2017-03-08
    Last Updated 2018-06-05
    Changelog:
    - 02.04.2017 fixed Camera
    - 03.04.2017 fixed GPS (will be included in the nex build) get the fix here
    - 04.04.2017 updated all sources to the latest CAF branch LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.14, included gps fix, removed qcom bt apps.

Camera - include missing 8MP picture size
    Wrong device name - fixed
    Gallery FC when entering edit mode - fixed
    Unlocked 400 and 533 Mhz cpu frequencies
    Options to disable camera shutter sound and screen-shot sound
    Camera Beautification Options
    Signature Spoofing permission
    Advanced Power Menu
    Buttons Rebinding Options (and changed the color to "Teal" instead the initial "Blue", to match all of the other items in settings
    Navbar Buttons
    Quick settings pull down
    Quick Charge
    Faux Sound
    MSM hotplug
    Various Framework and Kernel optimizations/improvements
    Added VoLTE support
    removed Quick settings pull down
    Disabled system-wide Camera shutter sound (editable in system.prop)
    I have updated all of my sources to the latest LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.15 branch for msm8916_64 (no sign of 7.1.2 yet)
    I didn't check what exactly is changed upstream, so... :)
    I removed the second APN setting in mobile settings
    Increased in-call audio volume
    The wifi drivers in kernel are updated too (i forgot to update them before)

From what i remember..
    Changed app icons for phone/messages
    Added screen recorder option ( press power and volume-up keys at the same time to start, and same combination to end recording)
    Added "Phone info" in about/status/Phone info (no need to dial *#*#4636#*#*)
    Updated mixer for a louder in call sound (and i hope i didn't introduce some distortions in music playback as in the first try)
    Those are the obvious changes..
    And.. a some under the hood changes..

-21-05-2017
    no new features,
    no new (reported)bug fixes..
    fixed some unreported bugs(errors in logcat)
    some BoringSSL related changes,
    and some other misc changes

updated to android 7.1.2

updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.22

updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.23

updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.24

updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.26

improved proximity sensor sensitivity
    misc updates in kernel for gereral performance
    display related changes
    added(in dialer) and enabled call-recording

updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.27
    patched to allow changing of the " WebView provider"

updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.28
    included some of the previous changes/bug-fixes:
    added option to remove the QuickSearchBar in launcher settings
    switched to ltr559 to get the proximity working
    fixed gallery not being able to open edit mode

Temp change-log until the next full build..
    Updated kernel, with added support for the great kernel-app "spectrum"
    and with fixed "display shifted" bug.

Updated to LA.BR.1.2.9_rb1.29

--------------------------DISCONTINUED--------------------------------
    CAMERA FIXEEEDDDDDddddddd

Finally.. i got it working.
    It works
    back camera for taking pictures and video recording..
    front camera only pictures
    ---------------------------------------------------------------DISCONTINUED --------------------------------------------------------------
    I have other real "life bugs" to solve, and that doesn't leave me any space for this any more.
    Im still using the Redmi2 daily with this caf rom, but im using it just as a smartphone, not a test device, i haven't even rebooted the phone for months :)
    Its been a fun journey coming from kitkat, making roms and kernels without official kernel sources at all, and everything worked(more or less) at the end.
    BIG thanks to all of the XDA members that supported my work and the development of Redmi 2 in general, and GIGANTIC thanks to balika011, the guy who put everything together to make the FIRST public kernel sources that worked for Redmi2, and everything after that was easy.
    There were other big contributors to the development too, but i wanted to mention the one that everyone forgot about, and probably 80-90% of the redmi2 users don't know that HE was the one who made it possible, not some low lives like me, or some self proclaimed "developers".
    Redmi 2 has proven to be a very potent device, very convenient for development, and i will buy Xiaomi phones because of that experience.

Thanks again, pirej.
    New BUILD is UP.

Cumulative Changelog since the - 09.04.2017 build
    Added:..
    Options to disable camera shutter sound and screen-shot sound @sobailox
    Camera Beautification Options
    Signature Spoofing permission
    Advanced Power Menu
    Buttons Rebinding Options (and changed the color to "Teal" instead the initial "Blue", to match all of the other items in settings. @xehed
    Navbar Buttons
    Quick settings pull down
    Quick Charge
    Faux Sound
    MSM hotplug

Various Framework and Kernel optimizations/improvements

Download: