[WIP][ROM] Ice Scream Sandwich

Search This thread

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
As CM9 is now mostly being worked on by Lupohirp and I also wanted to bring some IceCream Sandwich to our phone I started building ICS from Code Aurora sources.

I have fixed most build errors allready and I'm almost finished.
So this evening or tomorrow I will know if it boots :D
After that I need to implement Lupohirps fixes for hardwareacceleration, I'm waiting for the latest patches as they mean full hardwareacceleration.

After first release this thread will be used as discussion-thread.

Instead of posting Thanks, you're the greatest etc., please press Thanks-button ;)

Last edited:

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Tip: If you use only capitals in thread name, you will have all characters non-capital.

So, if I were you, I would fully spell Ice Scream Sandwich (joke) instead of ICS.

Since that is VERY important, I thought help him out ;)

But thanks anyway, looking forward.

Wasn't ciaox busy with it also?

Greets!

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Tip: If you use only capitals in thread name, you will have all characters non-capital.

So, if I were you, I would fully spell Ice Scream Sandwich (joke) instead of ICS.

Since that is VERY important, I thought help him out ;)

But thanks anyway, looking forward.

Wasn't ciaox busy with it also?

Greets!

Hey, you found a nice name for the rom lol

Sent from my LG-P500

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Why did you stop Screaming for Sandwich Arjen?? It was looking kool...! :D :D
Please make it IceScreamSandwich to make it look like a kool custom ROM like CodeName Android n all.. ;)

Try making it like:
[WIP][ROM][ICS][4.0.3] IceScreamSandwich from CodeAurora Sources

;)

Sent from my iPad 3 using XDA App :cool:

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Why did you stop Screaming for Sandwich Arjen?? It was looking kool...! :D :D
Please make it IceScreamSandwich to make it look like a kool custom ROM like CodeName Android n all.. ;)

Try making it like:
[WIP][ROM][ICS][4.0.3] IceScreamSandwich from CodeAurora Sources

;)

Ok, it is a really cool name I must admit :D

Reactions: vlt96

Malroth

Aug 23, 2011
It isn't based on CyanogenMod? Maybe there isn't APN problem!

I think I'll try this ROM ;)

J

Jrhodes85

Lets hope there are no problems with tmobile usa apn's

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Bytecode

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Update:
Succeeded building, but getting bootloops.
Rebuilding again after make clean to see if there still are problems during build.

Edit:
Build process is fine, but still bootloops.
Need to look in logcat.

Woohoo! Finally you started,I will join ASAP. There's a little possibility I can have my laptop back in week-end :)

BTW: What device folder did you use? I think we have to make one from zero. I would suggest an AOSP device folder for ICS,or maybe just our gb device folder with some mods for ICS.

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Woohoo! Finally you started,I will join ASAP. There's a little possibility I can have my laptop back in week-end :)

BTW: What device folder did you use? I think we have to make one from zero. I would suggest an AOSP device folder for ICS,or maybe just our gb device folder with some mods for ICS.

or maybe, lupohirps?? It will make work faster.. ;)

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
I did use Lupohirps device folder as base and converted it to aosp.
Made a special Github for it to work on will upload it asap so you can work on it too Bytecode ;)
A few things needed to be altered in some things from external folder and framework. In logcat I get errors about libsurfaceflinger and some other things.
Tonight I will work on it again.

kssood

May 3, 2011
Shimla
@arjen---any update?? It is much awaited rom but i cant see that much heat on it:D:D:D
BTW:what about the video...does it work smoothly and one more thing--does anything crash when we use lcd resolution(com.android.phone crashes on lupo's build)

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

@arjen---any update?? It is much awaited rom but i cant see that much heat on it:p:p:p
BTW:what about the video...does it work smoothly and one more thing--does anything crash when we use lcd resolution(com.android.phone crashes on lupo's build)

kssood

May 3, 2011
Shimla
i think it would have been easier if u have posted the info rather than going mad at me :mad::mad::mad:

i just asked about the stuff(not asked u to build it)

sry for expecting some good feedback from your rom and you

Happymanx0

May 11, 2011
Thanks....... question, will you make this for both new and old basebands? I would appreciate it much.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As CM9 is now mostly being worked on by Lupohirp and I also wanted to bring some IceCream Sandwich to our phone I started building ICS from Code Aurora sources.

I have fixed most build errors allready and I'm almost finished.
    So this evening or tomorrow I will know if it boots :D
    After that I need to implement Lupohirps fixes for hardwareacceleration, I'm waiting for the latest patches as they mean full hardwareacceleration.

After first release this thread will be used as discussion-thread.

Instead of posting Thanks, you're the greatest etc., please press Thanks-button ;)
    Yay, I can see the ui :D
    Now to the real work, porting patches one by one.
    Will release an alpha as soon as ui seems smooth.

Next ICS-rom is on it's way! :D

Ok, a little update...
    I'm a little frustrated, because my cm9-builds now also refuse to boot... :mad:
    Same problem...

Was using Ubuntu 11.10, but guess I will move to Linux Mint, just like Lupohirp.
    Hope things will go smoother with it...
    Now making a backup of my source to an external harddrive...
    Update:
    Succeeded building, but getting bootloops.
    Rebuilding again after make clean to see if there still are problems during build.

Edit:
    Build process is fine, but still bootloops.
    Need to look in logcat.
    Hi guys, this week I'm really busy with other stuff, but I will try to release a public alpha before the weekend. It will contain the camerafix and hopefully some other fixes too :D
    Hope I will make it :p