• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[WIP][ROM] MIUI 7 Marshmallow 6.0 for Nexus 6 [Need Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Miustone

Hello and Welcome to the MIUI 7 Nexus 6 Port Thread !

I've started this Thread to create a MIUI 7 Port for our beloved Nexus 6.
In order to do this, i need a lot of Help from YOU!

I will edit this Thread from time to time to make it more Eye Friendly. Also i've included DEV:DB on this Thread.

Here is just a LINK for the announcement of MIUI 7 (Marshmallow 6.0 Based) on G+:
https://plus.google.com/+MariusYeezus/posts/QdjVGpkr8Ka

First of all we have to wait for a Stable MIUI 7 Marshmallow Build from Xiaomi. I think a Mix of Mi4 and/or Mi Note / Pro System is the Best Choice.
Base will be a AOSP ROM on Android 6.0 (Maybe my last ROM Evolvere HD3) but let's see...

The Second thing is that i need Help with logging and Kernel Patches (I'm not the Linux Guy)! If you want to Help me with the Port just send me a PM here on XDA. Or text me on Hangouts to [email protected] !

Requests for Testing will be strictly ignored!

First we have to bake the Cake! So Chill and stay tuned!

XDA:DevDB Information
MIUI 7 Marshmallow 6.0 for Nexus 6, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Miustone, RIPPER
Source Code: http://xiaomi.com

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 6.0
Based On: MIUI, GOOGLE

Version Information
Current Stable Version: None
Current Beta Version: None

Created 2015-12-23
Last Updated 2016-02-22

Last edited by a moderator:

Miustone

I would be interested in helping if you need it. How do you plan to port from 64 bit devices?

No 64 Bit devices Mate! Mi4 has a SD801 and the Mi Note too (Maybe SD805 idk.) The Pro Version has a 1440p Display and a SD810 64Bit. But we can use parts of the System to have no layout Problems caused by 1080p System on our 1440p Screen. :angel: I've done 1 or 2 Ports in the past,that was on early Kitkat but there are some things i can still remeber :D

BR

Reactions: Sithhy™

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX
No 64 Bit devices Mate! Mi4 has a SD801 and the Mi Note too (Maybe SD805 idk.) The Pro Version has a 1440p Display and a SD810 64Bit. But we can use parts of the System to have no layout Problems caused by 1080p System on our 1440p Screen. :angel: I've done 1 or 2 Ports in the past,that was on early Kitkat but there are some things i can still remeber :D

BR

Only problem with the mi4 and the mi note is neither of those devices got lollipop miui. I'm not too sure they will update them to marshmallow

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I just saw the report from xaomi that they will release for the mi 4 and mi note. That's sounds positive. I will send you a pm.

Miustone

Only problem with the mi4 and the mi note is neither of those devices got lollipop miui. I'm not too sure they will update them to marshmallow

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I just saw the report from xaomi that they will release for the mi 4 and mi note. That's sounds positive. I will send you a pm.

You've Seen it... Ok. I'm talking with MIUI Germany to get my Hands on the MIUI 7 6.0 Sources. Maybe i get some links to the Test Builds...

Now i will take a look at my Inbox... :highfive:

GenoAndroid

Apr 19, 2011
detroit
The reality of this happening is light years away. Its nice to keep hope though. My alternative is getting a huawei honor 5x when it drops.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sgtgs

Sep 26, 2015
I had Xiaomi Redmi 1S and Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and now (of course) Motorola Nexus 6, I tried a lot of ROMs but MIUI was the best of all. Now I'm waiting for this MIUI 7 ROM.
Keep up the work man!

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 6-el

Reactions: GenoAndroid

deeplyyoung

Feb 28, 2013
Huge Fan of MIUI & the one from you as well [ROM][MMB29S][6.0.1][XPERIA] Evolvere HD5.1, hope you gonna succeed to get MIUI for Shamu..
best of luck....:good::good:

Reactions: Miustone

Miustone

Huge Fan of MIUI & the one from you as well [ROM][MMB29S][6.0.1][XPERIA] Evolvere HD5.1, hope you gonna succeed to get MIUI for Shamu..
best of luck....:good::good:

Thanks Man!
This Project has just not started yet. But everyone who wants to Help can send me a PM here or Contact me via Hangouts! I'm just waiting for a Stable/Public ready release to start Porting it... Using a Beta Firmware is not the Best idea. :silly:

BR :cowboy:

deeplyyoung

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks Man!
This Project has just not started yet. But everyone who wants to Help can send me a PM here or Contact me via Hangouts! I'm just waiting for a Stable/Public ready release to start Porting it... Using a Beta Firmware is not the Best idea. :silly:

BR :cowboy:
We will wait for this… no hurries… good luck…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello and Welcome to the MIUI 7 Nexus 6 Port Thread !

I've started this Thread to create a MIUI 7 Port for our beloved Nexus 6.
    In order to do this, i need a lot of Help from YOU!

I will edit this Thread from time to time to make it more Eye Friendly. Also i've included DEV:DB on this Thread.

Here is just a LINK for the announcement of MIUI 7 (Marshmallow 6.0 Based) on G+:
    https://plus.google.com/+MariusYeezus/posts/QdjVGpkr8Ka

First of all we have to wait for a Stable MIUI 7 Marshmallow Build from Xiaomi. I think a Mix of Mi4 and/or Mi Note / Pro System is the Best Choice.
    Base will be a AOSP ROM on Android 6.0 (Maybe my last ROM Evolvere HD3) but let's see...

The Second thing is that i need Help with logging and Kernel Patches (I'm not the Linux Guy)! If you want to Help me with the Port just send me a PM here on XDA. Or text me on Hangouts to [email protected] !

Requests for Testing will be strictly ignored!

First we have to bake the Cake! So Chill and stay tuned!

XDA:DevDB Information
    MIUI 7 Marshmallow 6.0 for Nexus 6, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Miustone, RIPPER
    Source Code: http://xiaomi.com

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.0
    Based On: MIUI, GOOGLE

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: None
    Current Beta Version: None

Created 2015-12-23
    Last Updated 2016-02-22
    After some research I'm sure it was a good choice to wait for MIUI 7 Marshmallow...
    The Nexus 6 will be one of the First devices who gets a Port of it!
    I'm planning to ask some Devs from the Nexus 5 to help out,that will make a lot of things easier for us and saves a lot of Time! Also we can work together to help them with a Port too... Teamwork...

Feel free to PM me if You want to Help! I think we are close to a Official Release of MIUI 7 6.0... Everything is ready to start...

BR?:angel:
    So still working hard or gave up?:/
    Getting a rebase

New test version

Hi guys.

Today I've spent almost the whole day, trying to port MIUI for Mi Note Pro to our beloved Nexus 6, with latest cm13 snapshot as base.
    I've comed up with a zip file, but the flashing process does not succeed in TWRP.

If you are interested in looking into it, please take a look at the link below, where you can find my test version of MIUI7.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3prfQLrSC3acmsxalUzVTB6Uzg/view?usp=sharing

I've followed all steps in this excellent guide, but I must have made some mistake(s)

Good luck! ;)
    thats a ****epile of unlinked modules and failed inits.
    also incorrect permissions trying to access hardware.
    a ton of work has to be done,but judging by the logs it is possible.
    recommend a team working on this maybe?

Libart.so is why it's not booting. Still a lot wrong. Gotta fix the runtime so it can boot. And you have to find out what's not playing well with art. Line 3057 is what you should work on.

Courtesy of mystery emotionz

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

And once it boots you won't have camera or radio.

it is bootlooping so we are close. I am going to try a couple things today to try to get it to boot. if anyone wants to help hit me on hangouts [email protected]