{WIP} - *Unofficial* CyanogenMod 7 HTC Shooter - UPDATE Feb 08,2012 (Stable)

Search This thread

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
Hello All,

Over the past few weeks, I have been working on modifying the Unofficial "KANG" CyanogenMod 7 JoelZ9614 . I am specifically working on WiMax support.

attachment.php
attachment.php

(Sorry, I am positive 3D Support will not be included in this ROM)

Works

• Touchscreen
  • WiFi
  • SD Card
  • SD Card Mounting
  • Tethering
  • Flash
  • Browser
  • Flash in Camera Application
  • Bluetooth Stereo Audio
  • Everything not listed below

Broken

• WiMax (Work in Progress)
  • 3D Photos/Apps

Downloads

Please See Post #2

It goes without saying, I am not responsible for any damage caused here. I have been running this rom for a few days and am very happy with the performance.

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 17,165
  • benchmark.jpg
    benchmark.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 17,312
Last edited:

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
All downloads moved to http://KDRoms.com

If you like my work, Please Consider buying me a beer
Changelog/Downloads

Beta 7.4 - Feb 08

• Resolved Bluetooth DUN
  • Battery Life Improvements
  • Working on Kernel Issues
http://kdroms.com/changelog.php?ReleaseID=CM7EVO3DBeta7.4| GApps (Google Market) | Mobile Download Link

Beta 7.3 - Feb 06

• Fixed MTU Entries on Tethering
  • Upgraded Version to Beta 7.3
| GApps (Google Market) | Mobile Download Link

Beta 7.2 - Feb 03

• Fixed WiFi Module issue in Alpha 7.2
  • Upgraded Version to Beta 7.2
  • We now have Camera Flash :)
  • Fixed Force Close in CPU Settings
  • Minor Build.prop Changes
http://kdroms.com/changelog.php?ReleaseID=CM7EVO3DBeta7.2| GApps (Google Market) | Mobile Download Link

Alpha 7.1 - December 16

• Fixed WiFi Module, Sorry
  • Fixed Force Closes in Stock LED Flashlight Application
Alpha 7 - December 16

• NOTE : Pulled due to WiFi Driver issue, uploading Alpha 7.1 now
Alpha 6 - December 15

• Stable enough for Day-To-Day use
  • First Public Alpha
  • Added WiMax Libraries
Notes:
If your LCD Flashlight is still not working after flashing Alpha 7, please run the following commands via the Terminal Emulator
Code:
su
touch /sys/class/leds/flashlight/brightness
chmod 777 /sys/class/leds/flashlight/brightness
reboot
FAQs:
Q: Do I need to Wipe all data?
A: In general it is not a bad idea if you are moving from another ROM. If you are upgrading from a past version of this rom, you should be safe with just wiping Cache and Dalvik

Q: How often do you plan you release updates?
A: See... the thing is... I have a day job and work a lot. I only release "stable" versions that I typically run for 24 hours on my personal device before I release it to the public (dont really like to release unstable versions)

Last edited:

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
What exactly is different from Joelz original?

I agree with you about 3D..I doubt aosp will ever have it

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
Hello,
i will be posting a changelog soon, have to go to a meeting. Aside from a few libraries and modules, there are no differences. My goal is simply to get 4G (WiMax) working. It also appears to be a little faster then the other ROM although I dont have any benchmarks.

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
Hello,
i will be posting a changelog soon, have to go to a meeting. Aside from a few libraries and modules, there are no differences. My goal is simply to get 4G (WiMax) working. It also appears to be a little faster then the other ROM although I dont have any benchmarks.

Cool, thanks for posting. Good luck in your quest to get 4g working, I'm sure that's going to be a tough thing to accomplish.

Reactions: jayharper08

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
I agree with you about 3D..I doubt aosp will ever have it

I am not exactly sure of that statement, I do feel that after some time to reverse engineer how the 3D interface of the EVO3D works, it is possible to build an ASOP with 3D Support.

Of course I doubt it will be implimented by the Google ASOP or even the CyanogenMod Teams but rather the development community. The reason for this is that only a small number of mobile phones have 3D Displays. But hey, The XDA Developer Community has some of the best delvelopers on the planet...

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
I am not exactly sure of that statement, I do feel that after some time to reverse engineer how the 3D interface of the EVO3D works, it is possible to build an ASOP with 3D Support.

Of course I doubt it will be implimented by the Google ASOP or even the CyanogenMod Teams but rather the development community. The reason for this is that only a small number of mobile phones have 3D Displays. But hey, The XDA Developer Community has some of the best delvelopers on the planet...

I agree..but the 3D has a limited number of devs working on it and I don't know if anyone is working on aosp 3d except maybe Toast. ..

I don't know tho so I can't say for sure..I just kinda doubt it

T

tonyk__78

It seams like a new wip thread for cm7 starts and then gets dropped for someone else to pick up, lol. Good luch guys :)

Sent from my Dual Core goodness using XDA App

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
wait, please for the sake of clarity, could you explain the difference between this and joelz kang? it sounds like the same ROM, but you *plan* to get 4G reverse engineered from sense for aosp. Which is great, but what then makes this new or different? For instance, in joelz kang, it was kmobs sensation build ported over, updated from toast's build to android 2.3.7, with a newer boot.img, and other things I can't recall atm. Please detail your changes? If there is not a difference, then frankly, you should not have posted this, because you have actually not developed something, you *intend* to. I do not mean to be rude, but for example I build themes, but I don't start *new threads* to say "soon I will make <new theme name> based on <old theme base>" .... maybe the best thing would have been to get in contact with joelz and *help* him and others get more functionality for the cm build? Peace.

Last edited:

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
wait, please for the sake of clarity, could you explain the difference between this and joelz kang? it sounds like the same ROM, but you *plan* to get 4G reverse engineered from sense for aosp. Which is great, but what then makes this new or different? For instance, in joelz kang, it was toast's valpha3 build, updated to android 2.3.7, with a newer boot.img. Please detail your changes? If there is not a difference, then frankly, you should not have posted this, because you have actually not developed something, you *intend* to. I do not mean to be rude, but for example I build themes, but I don't start *new threads* to say "soon I will make <new theme name> based on <old theme base>" .... maybe the best thing would have been to get in contact with joelz and *help* him and others get more functionality for the cm build? Peace.

Hello,
The main difference is that I have merged many of the binaries/modules for WiMax into the ROM. When I get some time today, I will be publishing a list of all of the changes

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
wait, please for the sake of clarity, could you explain the difference between this and joelz kang? it sounds like the same ROM, but you *plan* to get 4G reverse engineered from sense for aosp. Which is great, but what then makes this new or different? For instance, in joelz kang, it was toast's valpha3 build, updated to android 2.3.7, with a newer boot.img. Please detail your changes? If there is not a difference, then frankly, you should not have posted this, because you have actually not developed something, you *intend* to. I do not mean to be rude, but for example I build themes, but I don't start *new threads* to say "soon I will make <new theme name> based on <old theme base>" .... maybe the best thing would have been to get in contact with joelz and *help* him and others get more functionality for the cm build? Peace.

im pretty sure joelz cm7 has nothing to do with toasts, toast never released the source for it. joelz's is built from the CM7 KANG for the sensation and its using toasts kernel from the valpha3. JS..:p

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
im pretty sure joelz cm7 has nothing to do with toasts, toast never released the source for it. joelz's is built from the CM7 KANG for the sensation and its using toasts kernel from the valpha3. JS..:p

You are correct with this statement. The WiMax problem still existed in Toasts v3 Alpha. I am currently studying the EVO 4G build of CM7 to see if I am missing something small. While it is not portable, parts of the build.prop are useful

I really think using the sensation as the base may not have been the best idea as the sensation does not have a WiMax radio. Of course with the WiMax, Radios and 3D aside, the phones are surprisingly similar

On a side note, I am also playing with an ICS Build, but its taking a long time to complie. Its far from stable but it boots :) (I was board last week)

Last edited:

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010
Sounds good can't wait to try it out that's the only thing holding me back 4g

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
You might wanna check out empires cm7 secret rom in the general section.

I don't know how but he has working Bluetooth

Also 4g will turn on but not connect.

I never tried Joel's port so I'm not sure if that last little bit.of info is relevent

Sent from my PG8610000 using xda premium

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
might give this a shot, just to see what all the huss over cm7 is.

that being said, nothing is impossible with some smarts and knowledge of what you are working with. chad's kernels are a perfect example. that guy is brilliant and managed to port the beats sound drivers from the sensation.

KMyers

Dec 28, 2006
Miami, Florida
plus.kmyers.me
Sounds good can't wait to try it out that's the only thing holding me back 4g

Honestly I only get 4G in select areas of Miami, so it is not a big deal for me. The fact is that I do want to be able to use it needed/

You might wanna check out empires cm7 secret rom in the general section.

I don't know how but he has working Bluetooth

Also 4g will turn on but not connect.

I never tried Joel's port so I'm not sure if that last little bit.of info is relevent

Sent from my PG8610000 using xda premium

Do you have a link for it?

might give this a shot, just to see what all the huss over cm7 is.

that being said, nothing is impossible with some smarts and knowledge of what you are working with. chad's kernels are a perfect example. that guy is brilliant and managed to port the beats sound drivers from the sensation.

CyanogenMod is not for everyone. It is as close to pure as you can get without going fully ASOP. I personally love it because of OpenVPN support

Do you have a public git repo?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

I currently work on a private (internal) git server for my ICS ASOP Attempt. If I can get it to be semi-functional, Ill push it to github

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Over the past few weeks, I have been working on modifying the Unofficial "KANG" CyanogenMod 7 JoelZ9614 . I am specifically working on WiMax support.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

(Sorry, I am positive 3D Support will not be included in this ROM)

Works

• Touchscreen
    • WiFi
    • SD Card
    • SD Card Mounting
    • Tethering
    • Flash
    • Browser
    • Flash in Camera Application
    • Bluetooth Stereo Audio
    • Everything not listed below

Broken

• WiMax (Work in Progress)
    • 3D Photos/Apps

Downloads

Please See Post #2

It goes without saying, I am not responsible for any damage caused here. I have been running this rom for a few days and am very happy with the performance.
    All downloads moved to http://KDRoms.com

If you like my work, Please Consider buying me a beer
    Changelog/Downloads

Beta 7.4 - Feb 08

• Resolved Bluetooth DUN
    • Battery Life Improvements
    http://kdroms.com/changelog.php?ReleaseID=CM7EVO3DBeta7.4| GApps (Google Market) | Mobile Download Link

Beta 7.3 - Feb 06

• Fixed MTU Entries on Tethering
    • Upgraded Version to Beta 7.3
    | GApps (Google Market) | Mobile Download Link

Beta 7.2 - Feb 03

• Fixed WiFi Module issue in Alpha 7.2
    • Upgraded Version to Beta 7.2
    • We now have Camera Flash :)
    • Fixed Force Close in CPU Settings
    http://kdroms.com/changelog.php?ReleaseID=CM7EVO3DBeta7.2| GApps (Google Market) | Mobile Download Link

Alpha 7.1 - December 16

• Fixed WiFi Module, Sorry
    Alpha 7 - December 16

• NOTE : Pulled due to WiFi Driver issue, uploading Alpha 7.1 now
    Alpha 6 - December 15

• Stable enough for Day-To-Day use
    • First Public Alpha
    • Added WiMax Libraries
    Notes:
    If your LCD Flashlight is still not working after flashing Alpha 7, please run the following commands via the Terminal Emulator
    Code:
    su
    touch /sys/class/leds/flashlight/brightness
    chmod 777 /sys/class/leds/flashlight/brightness
    reboot
    FAQs:
    Q: Do I need to Wipe all data?
    A: In general it is not a bad idea if you are moving from another ROM. If you are upgrading from a past version of this rom, you should be safe with just wiping Cache and Dalvik

Q: How often do you plan you release updates?
    A: See... the thing is... I have a day job and work a lot. I only release "stable" versions that I typically run for 24 hours on my personal device before I release it to the public (dont really like to release unstable versions)
    Hello All,
    Just an update. This week, I will be working on a updated build for the EVO 3D. This will be freshly pulled from source so (hopefully) all of the CM7 Nightly items should be there.
    Hey All,

7.4 will be released today, it will do the following

Fix - Bluetooth DUN / WiFi Tethering
    Fix - USB Mount

Break
    Camera Flash
    "CPU Settings"

There are also battery life tweaks

I need to work on a better Kernel to fix the Camera Flash and CPU Governor Settings

I am doing some testing on it now and should have a download up at around 5:00 PM EST
    Hey All, I will hopefully be releasing 7.3 Tonight. Just testing everything now.

Camera Flash still works
    USB Mount Now Works
    WiFi Works
    Bluetooth Works

Testing still in progress