• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Wireless Android Auto in P30 pro & network connection

Search This thread

Sunlight76

Jul 23, 2019
Huawei P30 Pro
Hi
I forced Android Auto to use wireless connection using developer options.

AA works now wireless, but while connected to the car with operating AA I have no internet connection.

It seems that the phone is trying to use data from the car connecting to its wifi hotspot (but the car has not a data plan).

If I disable the car hotspot or disable the wifi in the phone AA is no more working.

Any idea?

eaykoc

Nov 27, 2007
Istanbul
Hi
I forced Android Auto to use wireless connection using developer options.

AA works now wireless, but while connected to the car with operating AA I have no internet connection.

It seems that the phone is trying to use data from the car connecting to its wifi hotspot (but the car has not a data plan).

If I disable the car hotspot or disable the wifi in the phone AA is no more working.

Any idea?
Have you tried enabling the Settings -> Wi-Fi -> More settings -> Wi-Fi+ option?

If this option is enabled and if Internet is not available through your Wi-Fi connection then the phone should use your phone's mobile data...

Sunlight76

Jul 23, 2019
Huawei P30 Pro
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I tried but nothing changes.

I think it's because network connection between phone and car works well.
Car has an esim but it's locked only to work on manufacturer website (phone navigation is ok but only inside that website)

eaykoc

Nov 27, 2007
Istanbul
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I tried but nothing changes.

I think it's because network connection between phone and car works well.
Car has an esim but it's locked only to work on manufacturer website (phone navigation is ok but only inside that website)
(extremely bold and probably not a valid guess) It may mean that, Wi-Fi of your car lets the phone resolve domains and this would lead the phone to think as if it can connect to the Internet through this Wi-Fi connection.

If you've not already limited network access to some applications and you don't mind changing restrictions when you get in and get out of the car:
Settings -> Mobile network -> Data usage -> Network access : remove Wi-Fi access of the apps when you are in the car, so that the Wi-Fi restricted apps are forced to use Mobile data only..

steffenfks

Oct 16, 2021
Ich habe genau das gleiche Problem mit dem P30 Pro und AAWireless. ich habe jetzt schon alle einstelungen durch auch die oben beschrieben. Denke es liegt an der Software des P30.

Sunlight76

Jul 23, 2019
Huawei P30 Pro
I think I solved the problem. Now it works:
Edit car wifi connection with mobile.
Add a fake proxy.
Now android auto works wireless and connection is working too.

Sunlight76

Jul 23, 2019
Huawei P30 Pro
These are the screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017_001227_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017_001227_com.android.settings.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211017_001224_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017_001224_com.android.settings.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 54

steffenfks

Oct 16, 2021
hast du die aawireless box umbenannt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017_153559_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017_153559_com.android.settings.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20211017_153644_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017_153644_com.android.settings.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 22

ericDraven77

Jan 8, 2011
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
OnePlus 5
Noch ne Lösung, da ich auch Probleme mit dem AAWireless und Internet gleichzeitig zum WLAN hatte:
Ich hab das WLAN von AAWireless aus meinen gemerkten WLAN raus geschmissen. Danach ans Auto und die Verbindung herstellen lassen. Dabei fragt er dann ob er mit dem AAWireless WLAN verbinden soll obwohl das kein Internet hat. Diese Meldung muss zwingend ignoriert werden, also weder Abbrechen noch Verbinden. Dann nutzt er WLAN und 4G gleichzeitig. (Ach und beim WLAN muss natürlich WIFI+ aktiv sein! Findet sich bei den WLAN Einstellungen unter dem Anschalten-Knopf.)

Another Solution for the Wifi and Internet-problem:
Makes sure you delete the AAWireless wifi from your list of known wifi. Then reconnect to AAwireless in your car. If asked to connect to wifi without internet absolutely ignore this! Don't pres anything. not connect and not cancel. Then wifi and 4G are both working. (Make sure you have wifi+ enabled in your wifi settings!!)