Question Wireless Car Charger That Actually Charges

Search This thread

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey everyone,

Has anyone found a wireless car charger that will charge the phone while it's in use, say streaming audio or using the GPS? I have a 15 watt wireless charger in both of my cars and my Pixel 6 Pro will not charge when it's being used. The phone actually discharges, albeit at a slower rate than normal.......it's annoying but I'm wondering if it's because it needs a 23 watt charger like the Google Stand 2. Hoping to see if anyone's found anything like that out there.

Thank you

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Phones aren't designed to charge with the screen on. The phone's power controller ramps the charge current down automatically to protect the battery. The current draw when in use is too unpredictable and it's also generating a lot more heat when both are in use.
Charging in direct sunlight can damage it.

It may charge normally if the display off and you're listening to music ie with PowerAmp on bt.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone found a wireless car charger that will charge the phone while it's in use, say streaming audio or using the GPS? I have a 15 watt wireless charger in both of my cars and my Pixel 6 Pro will not charge when it's being used. The phone actually discharges, albeit at a slower rate than normal.......it's annoying but I'm wondering if it's because it needs a 23 watt charger like the Google Stand 2. Hoping to see if anyone's found anything like that out there.

Thank you
On a drive to NYC a few weeks ago, I was able to charge using an original pixel USB a to c cable plugged into cars USB port. It was 2021 Kia K5 (optima). It charged while I was streaming music via Bluetooth or Android Auto. Mostly streamed via Bluetooth. Connected via Android Auto caused massive heat issues that I did not experience when music streamed via Bluetooth. (Different issue).

The short is, it charged, but not quickly.

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
On a drive to NYC a few weeks ago, I was able to charge using an original pixel USB a to c cable plugged into cars USB port. It was 2021 Kia K5 (optima). It charged while I was streaming music via Bluetooth or Android Auto. Mostly streamed via Bluetooth. Connected via Android Auto caused massive heat issues that I did not experience when music streamed via Bluetooth. (Different issue).

The short is, it charged, but not quickly.
Yeah, wired it will charge without a problem regardless of what the phone is doing......it's only wireless that's the problem.