• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Wireless charger charging very slow

Search This thread

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
Yes, I know that any other charger than pixel stand won't charge faster than 5W. But still, I've got baseus simple wireless charger (2A) and connected my pixel 3 xl for the night. It had about 45% before and about 55% in the morning. So it got about 10% in 6 hours. That's super slow. I've tested it in Ampere and it shown about 300mah. Charger itself is connected to rock wall charger with 2A power output. I'm also using Spiegen ruggee armor case. What's going on?

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007
Try again without the case, a different charger block, and then again on a different wireless charger. I've been using wireless charging since the Nexus 6 and it can be a bunch of different things.

Generally I try to use a "matched" charging block to the wireless charger itself. For example, if it is a 2A wireless charging stand I'll pair it up with a 2A charging block not a QC 3.0 charging block. While this shouldn't make a difference it could be a problem.

I have multiple Itian wireless stands that I use for my iPhone X, Nexus 6, and Pixel 3 XL and I only have some minor issues.

One issue is that every once in a while I have to unplug and re-plug the micro USB cable into the charger because it just stops working for no reason. Other times it's something as simple as the phone isn't sitting in the stand correctly.

The way wireless charging works is through inductive coils and I bought the Itian wireless charging stands on purpose cause they have three coils reducing the issue of not properly setting the device in the cradle.

Unfortunately it's hard to say what it is exactly but try different things that seem logical as to why it isn't working for you. Good luck!

three west

Dec 28, 2009
Madison, WI
Try again without the case, a different charger block, and then again on a different wireless charger. I've been using wireless charging since the Nexus 6 and it can be a bunch of different things.

Generally I try to use a "matched" charging block to the wireless charger itself. For example, if it is a 2A wireless charging stand I'll pair it up with a 2A charging block not a QC 3.0 charging block. While this shouldn't make a difference it could be a problem.

I have multiple Itian wireless stands that I use for my iPhone X, Nexus 6, and Pixel 3 XL and I only have some minor issues.

One issue is that every once in a while I have to unplug and re-plug the micro USB cable into the charger because it just stops working for no reason. Other times it's something as simple as the phone isn't sitting in the stand correctly.

The way wireless charging works is through inductive coils and I bought the Itian wireless charging stands on purpose cause they have three coils reducing the issue of not properly setting the device in the cradle.

Unfortunately it's hard to say what it is exactly but try different things that seem logical as to why it isn't working for you. Good luck!
Similar here, I've been a wireless charger lover since Shamu and Nokia Icon. I still use the same Tylt Vue chargers. It charges slowly, but who cares, it's on the night stand and easily makes 100% by morning.

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
I have to say I've tried again few nights and it's working better. What matters is the position on the charger. If it's a bit off it charges slower. I guess case may be slowing it down as well.