Wireless Chargers

Search This thread

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
What is the best angled/standing wireless charger that is reasonable in price and looks?

AT&T has the Nokia DT-910 on sale for $51.75 + tax. Best price I've seen on this QI charging stand.

I just have a guard time spending $50+ for the DT-910 (stand model) when I can get the DT-900 for half that.

The Tylt Vu is nice but it, but it's like $79 and hasn't been in stock for weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

oddbin

Mar 21, 2011
Edinburgh
It's quite hard to find a good nexus 4 and 7 charger in the UK I must admit. I think as much as I want the orb or the dt910, £79 and £45, respectively, are too much. I'm thinking a charging plate is my best option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Yea I got the Samsung S4 charger 50% off for $25 and TBH that is still a little expensive for just a charger. I just don't understand why these are so expensive.

Eventually I plan on taking the S4 and somehow making a little dock for the Nexus. Just something that I can just throw it on and keeps the Qi charger and N7 perfectly aligned. Right now it only works if I lay the N7 on top of it.

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
I bought myself a Panasonic one because it's the coolest one on the market. Takes about 2 weeks to get from Japan and I'll see how it performs before I buy another one for my desk. If the SG Note III comes with wireless charging then I might get the Maxell dual charging unit for my bedside so I can charge both my N7 and the Note III.

Now I need to find a mobile solution.

azelaya

Jul 19, 2012
I have the nexus orb that a friend gave me (mostly because i want to charge my s4 wirelessly) and it works fine with the N7. Thats about the only pro with the charger lol the cons are its too small for the N7, its angled for just a phone, and it doesnt charge through the poetic slimbook case. I think im gonna bite the bullet and get the nokia 900 at AT&T (someone said they price match at the store if you show them the online price).

TheV

Jan 26, 2010
I've tried many and I can confirm this is by far the best one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051R4ECM/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

Especially if you have a phone with qi which have a much smaller target than the nexus 7. My 7 doesn't have much trouble with finding the sweet spot, but my gs4 sure does. With this charger, you don't even have to think, just set the device down and it will find the sweet spot for you.

Apparently this unit does not support trickle charging. It shuts off once the device is fully charged. From there the device will just discharge.
Is this information correct?
It looks like a really nice charger, but discharging would be a problem for me.

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
Apparently this unit does not support trickle charging. It shuts off once the device is fully charged. From there the device will just discharge.
Is this information correct?
It looks like a really nice charger, but discharging would be a problem for me.

I've read that once the device is fully charged it stops charging. I've also read that once the device drops down to 90% is well start charging again. So your device might not be at 100% when you take it off the charger, but at 90 something percent.

not sure which is correct or if there are updated model that charges after 90%. Either way I don't think it trickle charges. But I don't own one so can't say for sure.

MZero

Jul 19, 2010
I tried my orb charger. Could not find the sweet spot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida

This may be stupid to ask, but did you place it on the Orb with the N7 in horizontal position. I understand that's the only way it will work.

You didn't specify so I thought I'd mention it.

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
41ZxccdW0zL.jpg

Has anyone tried this charger?

It still not big enough to fit N7 but (at least) larger than other chargers (except expensive "triple" charger from Energizer).

However my goal isn't the size but charging spot location(s) and overall charging performance. I already received and tried this charger but will return it because of bad design and insufficient charging ability (can't charge my Nexus with the case cover turned back; my DT-900 do the job perfectly).

SplicedX

Jul 4, 2010

The X in the NEXUS is the center of the changing ring. I have the orb and it works flawlessly. With that being said, my wireless charging did stop working at one point. What I had to do was use my thumb nail to open the case and clean the contacts for the wireless charger. It appeared that there was some sort of manufacturing residue on the 4 gold contacts. A little 90% rubbing alcohol on a q tip and a microfiber cleaned it right up.

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
41ZxccdW0zL.jpg

Has anyone tried this charger?

It still not big enough to fit N7 but (at least) larger than other chargers (except expensive "triple" charger from Energizer).

However my goal isn't the size but charging spot location(s) and overall charging performance. I already received and tried this charger but will return it because of bad design and insufficient charging ability (can't charge my Nexus with the case cover turned back; my DT-900 do the job perfectly).

The first charger looks nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
I use the Zens qi single wireless charging pad in white. Its not placement sensitive and works very well with the N7 and my N4.

They also do a double charging pad . Do not use this version just the single. The single pad looks sleek too.

Chwrges to 100% then turns off. When phone drops to 95% it starts charging again. Perfect.

oddbin

Mar 21, 2011
Edinburgh
Yup and it works fine. You need to put the nexus 7 basically dead centre. The N4 needs. To line the top of the phone with the top of the device.
Performance is good. Slightly slower than a cable.

Keep in mind it's a cheap Chinese device so feels cheap and it uses small adapter plug not micro USB. Other than that it's good for the price.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Question: will the not sticky back to the Poetic Slimline case make the N7 slip of the Nexus Orb/ Chinese Copy Orb?

Top Liked Posts