• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Wireless charging heat

Search This thread

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Hello everyone, i just bought a new wireless charger form Baseus and charge my s21+ with fast wireless charging on, and while charging i notice that the phone battery get as hot as 40 degree Celsius. SO i try turn off the fast wireless charging option and let the phone cool off to ambient temp (around 32-34 degree) and charge again, but it still reaches 40 degree.

I want to ask is this normal, and please share your temperature while using wireless charging and the brand of charger you use.

Reactions: teerout

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Hello everyone, i just bought a new wireless charger form Baseus and charge my s21+ with fast wireless charging on, and while charging i notice that the phone battery get as hot as 40 degree Celsius. SO i try turn off the fast wireless charging option and let the phone cool off to ambient temp (around 32-34 degree) and charge again, but it still reaches 40 degree.

I want to ask is this normal, and please share your temperature while using wireless charging and the brand of charger you use.
Well, phones getting hot while charging is usually normal.
Sometimes it happens when the phone charges for too long and at a higher voltage and amps.

Reactions: Mrxyzl

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Yeah, fast charging is faster, and wireless charging sometimes in some phones is hitter than cable. Depends on the manufacturer of the phone and the model and the wireless charger itself.
Thank you for answer, but in this case i want to ask for the specific heat for phone s21+ and the third party 15w charger from baseus.

MViper79

Oct 26, 2012
Slovenia
Hi guys, hope it's ok I ask a similar question here.

I do to have S21 5G (exynos) and samsung 15w wireless charger with 25w brick.

The issues I'm having is with charging speeds. If I use fast charging, the current is around 2700mA. But as soon as the temperature hits around 35-36 degrees charging current starts oscillating between 300-600-900 mA. It takes around 5 hours to fully charge the phone. It's faster if I turn off fast charging. It takes around 3 hours.

Room temp is around 26 c.

I don't remember having similar issues with S20.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s

The issues I'm having is with charging speeds. If I use fast charging, the current is around 2700mA. But as soon as the temperature hits around 35-36 degrees charging current starts oscillating between 300-600-900 mA. It takes around 5 hours to fully charge the phone. It's faster if I turn off fast charging. It takes around 3 hours.

Fast charging increases the wattage of the charge so your phone overheats.
If it overheats too much the phone limites the charge rate to protect the components.
It seems like a flaw in the fast charging or smth like that
keep fast charging off if it overheats your phone, and maybe try keeping it in a cooler environment

Reactions: MViper79

MViper79

Oct 26, 2012
Slovenia
If it overheats too much the phone limites the charge rate to protect the components.
keep fast charging off if it overheats your phone, and maybe try keeping it in a cooler environment
Thanks.

So you think it's more or less software issue? Faulty stand charger?

Because.. S20 was charging fine..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Was the s20 charging fine before the a11 update or after
    People have been complaining about that in android 11...
    freakin buggy update, I expected more from both Samsung and Google
    Maybe, dont take my word for it
    I havent been well versed in android 11 news soooo yeah
    :3

Well, phones getting hot while charging is usually normal.
    Sometimes it happens when the phone charges for too long and at a higher voltage and amps.

Thanks.

Was the s20 charging fine before the a11 update or after