Wireless Charging on i9195

adrenaline15

Feb 23, 2011
Hi there,

is there a possibility to charge the S4 mini via a wireless induction-kit like the S4 has one?
My research did not find any related products to the mini, just for his big brother :(

If so, could you tell me where I can get one in Europe?

Thanks in advance

NGbod

Oct 29, 2011
UK
I don't think we'll see this on the mini as there are no connection points like on the S4 and S3. Unless they are hidden under the inner cover somewhere.

Last edited:

Murz

Jan 31, 2007
Nizhniy Novgorod
qseo.ru
Last edited:

NGbod

Oct 29, 2011
UK

I have found and order this variant: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-wireless...S_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item2eca5c000c
It works via connecting to microusb port and placing under back panel.
It is suitable via dimensions, and I hope it will work normally :)
I received one of these last week and it works great. It seems to charge pretty quick but galaxy charge current monitor says its only charging at 260ma. It seems a lot quicker than the S3 charging with the palm wireless charger which showed 500ma on GCC.
The base unit is also a lot less fussy over positioning than the palm was and it works ok through the igard case.
One downside is the nfc only just works now,and is very fussy over positioning and is slow to react.

Snowgay

Jul 30, 2007
hi NGbod,
Thank you for your pictures. Can you tell us if the backcover fits with the QI or is the Qi to thik?
THX
Snow

NGbod

Oct 29, 2011
UK
hi NGbod,
Thank you for your pictures. Can you tell us if the backcover fits with the QI or is the Qi to thik?
THX
Snow
The back cover fits fine you can't tell the qi is fitted. It's much thinner than the palm one I had in my S3 which gave bumps on the back cover.

NGbod

Oct 29, 2011
UK
I though it plugged into the sd card slot

Sent from my GT-I9190 using xda app-developers app
It plugs into the usb slot but that in itself can be a pain. If you find yourself needing to use a normal usb charger you must first remove any case, then remove the back cover and then remove the charging coil and then reassemble it.

I might look into hooking into the other side of the usb socket when I get time, though I suspect it will probably involve disassembly and soldering something permanently in place.