Wireless Charging

Search This thread

Rodders_28

Feb 3, 2010

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Does it work? How long to charge? What adaptor are you using with it?
Want something by my computer, so needs to be reasonably fast.

It works even with the Spigen case. Though I couldn't say how long it takes as I only use it at nighttime as a stand, plus I have a generic multi-usb plug that it's plugged in to and so it won;t be charging at it's fastest speed anyways.

Sorry not to be of any help there, someone else soon I'm sure will be of more assistance

tonev

Nov 10, 2008
Use the one on the picture. It's old but does the job well. It even works with the official Sony window case.

Attachments

• DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 317

Rameyuk

Nov 20, 2017
Do we have an Official Sony OEM Wireless Charger?

I thought my eyes played a trick on me that a few weeks after the Xperia 1 II was announced in February that I saw a new wireless charger accessories in the Sony Mobile UK website. But when I check it again now, it's not there. I wonder if it was never there in the first place and my eyes played a trick on me.

I think the last wireless charger that Sony produced was the WCH20 for the XZ2. But it's said that the product is discontinued, and I find it really difficult to find one. I know I can use any qi-compatible wireless charger (like the Samsung one, which I kind of like), but I don't like having my accessories not part of the Sony ecosystem.

Does anyone know if Sony has an in-production wireless charger or have some plans to reintroduce them as well? I find it odd that they sell a phone with wireless charging capability but not complimented by the accessories needed to fully utilise that feature. Since the product page says that "Wireless charger sold separately". Now, does that mean we have to get it from somewhere else, or that Sony is going to sell their wireless charger separately?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

tonev

Nov 10, 2008
I thought my eyes played a trick on me that a few weeks after the Xperia 1 II was announced in February that I saw a new wireless charger accessories in the Sony Mobile UK website. But when I check it again now, it's not there. I wonder if it was never there in the first place and my eyes played a trick on me.

I think the last wireless charger that Sony produced was the WCH20 for the XZ2. But it's said that the product is discontinued, and I find it really difficult to find one. I know I can use any qi-compatible wireless charger (like the Samsung one, which I kind of like), but I don't like having my accessories not part of the Sony ecosystem.

Does anyone know if Sony has an in-production wireless charger or have some plans to reintroduce them as well? I find it odd that they sell a phone with wireless charging capability but not complimented by the accessories needed to fully utilise that feature. Since the product page says that "Wireless charger sold separately". Now, does that mean we have to get it from somewhere else, or that Sony is going to sell their wireless charger separately?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
I found one at the Sony Center (look at my previous post) but it's an older model. They are planning on bringing back the xz2 / xz3 charger but due to the pandemic the production is slow. There are some New old Stock on ebay and amazon uk :)

shock-UK

May 16, 2006
Virtually any Qi charger that supports over 11w charging will work fine.

Only thing is, the phone seem to get hot when wireless charging much more than when using a cable.

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
Tip

I use a QI stand for my XZ2 P and left the phone on there (usually at night and more) and after 18 months the battery had swollen and was pushing the screen off

New battery fitted and programmed timer fitted to the mains outlet, working out my charging patterns I have set timed on off program that limits the charging times, it has a manual override if I need it but generally don't

so it charges for 2 hours from 4am and 5 more cycles during the day of 30mins each - sometimes I turn it off depending on my usage and charge level - so far working very well

The longest period on continuous charge is 2 hours

I highly recommend this to everyone who finds themselves leaving their phone on charge for long periods

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm assuming my Ioniq Premium EV wireless charger will do the trick. A bit on the expensive side, but it comes with a car.
    Is there any good wireless chargers out there that are compatible with the Xperia 1 II.
    What do you mean by compatible? Qi is the only wireless charging standard so any wireless charger works

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone