Question With latest update, has battery usage gone up noticeably ?

Search This thread

therock3181

Jun 25, 2010
Montreal
Google Pixel 6 Pro
June update killed my battery 50x more than May. My data/voice/wifi have never been so unreliable now. Never had a problem in May. I flash June update. Same problem. Went back to May build and everything is all good.

Google messed up (again) June update...

I have come to terms with the fact the battery life on this device is trash for me. I'm very lucky to get 8 hours of battery life with max 2 hours SOT. I have done factory resets and all that and it did not help at all. I have noticed my mobile network drain is way lower on 13 than on 12. I have learned to live with carrying a charging brick and cable with me because I can't get through a 12 hour work day with out having to charge. I know I can turn off all the features, turn the phone off and put it in my drawer and it will last for months, but I'm not willing to turn off features. That's what I got the device for. I have turned off features that I absolutely don't use. I'm also not sure how much longer I'm going to keep this device because of this terrible battery problem I have. I do like the device otherwise I just wish I could get through an entire day without having to charge at least one time sometimes more.

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I have come to terms with the fact the battery life on this device is trash for me. I'm very lucky to get 8 hours of battery life with max 2 hours SOT. I have done factory resets and all that and it did not help at all. I have noticed my mobile network drain is way lower on 13 than on 12. I have learned to live with carrying a charging brick and cable with me because I can't get through a 12 hour work day with out having to charge. I know I can turn off all the features, turn the phone off and put it in my drawer and it will last for months, but I'm not willing to turn off features. That's what I got the device for. I have turned off features that I absolutely don't use. I'm also not sure how much longer I'm going to keep this device because of this terrible battery problem I have. I do like the device otherwise I just wish I could get through an entire day without having to charge at least one time sometimes more.
2 hours sot is really, really low. You must be so frustrated... I know you've probably tried everything under the sun, but... Curious if you flashed the latest 13.3 (using wipe and force flash options), then during setup, unchecked Apps and Device settings? It's these 4 settings that are only way to ensure a "clean" flash and install.

Only reason why I mentioned this is because more than a few users in the TG group were able to resolve severe battery drain, using this method. Seems like for some installations, restoring device settings and apps, can *sometimes cause some bizarre behavior in A12/13 (battery drain, apps causing overheating in normal situations etc (this last one I personally observed and resolved)).

No I have not done a clean install. I'm probably going to have to try, however, I have done this when I was on 12 and my results are the same. I'm also trying to not do this as I don't want to have to go through IT once I set my work profile up because Mobiliron will fail while on the Beta. So if I do this I will have to go back to 12 stable

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Was recently in hospital so thought I'd test out the endurance of my pup, almost 7 hr over 36 hr period here. June rooted stock with naptime, social media apps restricted along with the Google app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Calling all gurus !
    I am rooted so what is the simplest and best battery app ?
    I'm definitely not an authority on this, but Ampere and GSam Battery Monitor have both been highly recommended to me.
    Nope. For me, it's worse than before.
    If you mean with the June update then no, my battery life is improved which i put down to:

Battery & Power
    • General improvements for idle power consumption under certain conditions (A-205165830, A-224923101) *[2].
    Just to add my local cell tower was temporary and has been removed so I'm connecting to a cell much further away on band 20. They have built a new permanent cell but it isn't getting switched on until 700MHz becomes available later this month when they turn off Com 7 for digital TV.
    Yes for me and I think it's the cell connect struggling.
    That would explain increased battery usage.
    Try doing a network reset if you haven't already.
    Have your cell provider do a network reset on their side too.