• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question With Root Moving app to system app.

Search This thread

michaelrager

Oct 3, 2010
Rochester, NY
I have never created a thread before because I normally can find my answers by browsing. However, in this situation, I come up snake eyes each and every time. If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize. I am trying to move a GPS app to a system app. However, when I try to move it, I get an error that there is not enough space in the system ROM (/system) for this. (There is only 2.73 MB free.) I do not need much as I am only looking to move this one gps spoofing app. I have tried everything I could find to do from uninstalling system apps, etc., but no matter what I do, it stays free space 2.73 MB. Any help is most definitely appreciated as I am at a loss, and this was the only thing I rooted to do. Please help!

Edit: I forgot to say it earlier, but I am not a pro at all this so speak to me as if I were 10 yrs old. Thanks alot!

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
You can use lucky patcher to rebuild/install fake gps apps as system apps. Copying by hand is not gonna do the trick.

There should be plenty of tutorials out there, just search for something along the lines:

Spoof GPS Pokemon Go Luckypatcher

Beware though, that those tutorials will not have been written with Android 12 in mind; I have not yet meddled with GPS spoofing with my P6 and do not know whether Google has implemented certain mechanisms to prevent spoofing system apps. You might get into a bootloop or even softbrick your device (I'd say rather unlikely, but there's always a certain chance).

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Magisk is your friend. Not very complicated. Create a module with a /system/app or priv-app directory.
He said that he is not a pro and needs everything explained like a 10 year old, you're sure that creating a magisk module isn't a tad too much to ask?

There are solutions that only require a couple clicks in a premade app interface, intuitive and easy. Going in and coding a couple lines is not my definition of 10 year old not pro stuff. I mean it's not a big deal breaker, there are plenty of tutorials to go around (topjohnwu even offers templates), but it still requires some knowhow and poses more risk.

michaelrager

Oct 3, 2010
Rochester, NY
I appreciate your help but I have already done all the recommendations. As I said, when I uninstall apps from the system ROM I gain no space. I have been using lucky patcher to move files to system apps but it says there is not enough room. This is why I asked, according to what I read, it should have worked. I don't know if I am doing it wrong , but when I try to move app to a system app, I click on it and choose tools and move to system/app in lucky. Any help to help me with this issue is really appreciated.

Roll3r

Mar 7, 2006
Oakland, CA
Install the attached version of the App Systemizer Magisk module and reboot. Open a terminal (install Termux app from Play Store if you need a terminal app), su [enter], systemize [enter] and follow the instructions.

Attachments

• app_systemizer-v18.zip
    533.7 KB · Views: 11

Roll3r

Mar 7, 2006
Oakland, CA
I am unsure what I am supposed to do as the menu is not to clear?
At the menu, type 1 and hit enter. It'll bring up a list of all installed apps, with a number next to each one. Type in the number of the app and hit enter. It'll probably throw an error, but the app should still be systemized - I've seen seen errors since Android 11 but it's always worked

michaelrager

Oct 3, 2010
Rochester, NY
At the menu, type 1 and hit enter. It'll bring up a list of all installed apps, with a number next to each one. Type in the number of the app and hit enter. It'll probably throw an error, but the app should still be systemized - I've seen seen errors since Android 11 but it's always worked
Thank you! I got it as a system app but for some reason when I click on the app it doesn't load and freezes. Any ideas are much obliged!

• Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install the attached version of the App Systemizer Magisk module and reboot. Open a terminal (install Termux app from Play Store if you need a terminal app), su [enter], systemize [enter] and follow the instructions.
    If you are willing to share the APK, I can make a magisk module to install it as a system app.
    I have never created a thread before because I normally can find my answers by browsing. However, in this situation, I come up snake eyes each and every time. If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize. I am trying to move a GPS app to a system app. However, when I try to move it, I get an error that there is not enough space in the system ROM (/system) for this. (There is only 2.73 MB free.) I do not need much as I am only looking to move this one gps spoofing app. I have tried everything I could find to do from uninstalling system apps, etc., but no matter what I do, it stays free space 2.73 MB. Any help is most definitely appreciated as I am at a loss, and this was the only thing I rooted to do. Please help!

Edit: I forgot to say it earlier, but I am not a pro at all this so speak to me as if I were 10 yrs old. Thanks alot!
    I appreciate your help but I have already done all the recommendations. As I said, when I uninstall apps from the system ROM I gain no space. I have been using lucky patcher to move files to system apps but it says there is not enough room. This is why I asked, according to what I read, it should have worked. I don't know if I am doing it wrong , but when I try to move app to a system app, I click on it and choose tools and move to system/app in lucky. Any help to help me with this issue is really appreciated.
    I am unsure what I am supposed to do as the menu is not to clear?