• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

WM 6.1 for Samsung i600

slammer0

Oct 13, 2007
Microsoft already presented WM6.1. I saw it on i607, i read about upcoming release for i617. Is there any possibility to get it on i600?

dapa

Jan 9, 2008
Microsoft already presented WM6.1. I saw it on i607, i read about upcoming release for i617. Is there any possibility to get it on i600?

I have read that Samsung want to sell Wm6.1 only in the new BlackJack2 and newer models.
I hope that upgrade at wm6 in Samsung website become in this days upgrade at WM6.1

dapa

wessel99

Nov 7, 2007
hope they manage to make one for the i600, would be great.

Btw, is there a how-to to flash it to 6.1? I could actually miss the wifi part. And how to flash back?

Thanks

dlxmax

Aug 24, 2007
Seoul
Err, the Korean version of the Blackjack has WiFi. Consider it the Blackjack 1.5. Someone released a cooked WM6.1 for it today, adding Korean support, but unfortunately no support for WiFi (and I still can't ever get text messages to work with cooked roms, if only I better knew Korean).

Prerna

Jun 20, 2005
Bienne
Err, the Korean version of the Blackjack has WiFi. Consider it the Blackjack 1.5. Someone released a cooked WM6.1 for it today, adding Korean support, but unfortunately no support for WiFi (and I still can't ever get text messages to work with cooked roms, if only I better knew Korean).
Hi,

Thanks for this info. Please, follow it, as the guys there might eventually find a way to fix wifi for our i600s.

Da_G

Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator E
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Hello, I'm the author of the ROM's over at txcaesar. Is there a serious tester here that is willing to put their i600 to some flashing experimentation?

I do not have the device, but I have enough knowledge to port the ROM from i607 (which is itself ported from another device) - however I will need a handful of people to do some intense private testing before releasing it 'to the wild' - if you are interested, please register an account over at txcaesar and make a post in the "Contribute to the ROM" section that you are willing to help test. Once we get a handful of testers, I will cook it up :)

alecs

Dec 13, 2007
Hello, I'm the author of the ROM's over at txcaesar. Is there a serious tester here that is willing to put their i600 to some flashing experimentation?

I do not have the device, but I have enough knowledge to port the ROM from i607 (which is itself ported from another device) - however I will need a handful of people to do some intense private testing before releasing it 'to the wild' - if you are interested, please register an account over at txcaesar and make a post in the "Contribute to the ROM" section that you are willing to help test. Once we get a handful of testers, I will cook it up :)
Count me in :)

Alec

hisham2k

Nov 24, 2006

I'm in!!!!!!

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone