WM6.1/6.5 for Typhoon/Feeler/Amadeus

Search This thread

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Some features of this firmware:
- build for Typhoon/Feeler/Amadeus
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard 5.2.21040 (Build 21040.1.6.0) / Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard 5.2.23017 (Build 23017.5.3.1)
- language: english, russian
- .NET CF 3.5
- Shortcuts:
  • for feeler in \windows\keys
  • for typhoon - IA_Camera.lnk , Long_launch.lnk, Long_Home.lnk.
  • for amadeus - IA_Camera.lnk, Long_launch.lnk, Long_Home.lnk, Long_AP1.lnk, Short_AP1.lnk, WMPlayer.lnk.
- the kernel was patched for certificates disabling
- new SimMgr, Album and Camera
- Emuzed midi, amr, awb,mp4 codecs for wmp/ringtones
- SimToolKit
- Input methods: T9 (english and russian)
- Additional tweaks (in Settings - Tweaks)
- programs:
  • CallerLoc
  • Album
  • CeleTask

Download:
Windows Mobile 6.1: http://rapidshare.com/files/231308913/WM6.1_v.1.6.exe
Windows Mobile 6.5: http://rapidshare.com/files/316224160/1ADB920A-3EF6-4663-9B9D-AA4CF8B0FAA5.exe (password: 9uKI7621FRNzP4AW)
WM6MMS.cab - MMS
VoiceDial.cab - Voice Dial, you can call it by pressing long volume down
LightToggle.zip - small chinese program for decrease level of backlight
SplashScreen.zip - program for changing first splash screen.
USB Drivers.zip - USB Drivers for PC for internet sharing.
new_USB_Driver.cab - a new USB (usbfn) driver with support of WM5torage (for wm6.1).

PS:
In new devices out of the box Activesync is on all the time. To fix this you need to make a fake MS Exchange account setup (obviously this is for people that don't use the Exchange server).

Go to Activesync/menu/configure server, fill in all of the empty spaces of the pages with fake info, i.e. "[email protected] etc.

After filling in all the empty boxes, click next and uncheck all boxes sync options, Contacts etc. , then click Finish.

Now go to Activesync/Menu/Schedule and change the sync times to "Manually" , now click OK. Finished!

There is now a fake Exchange server that switches off the Activesync from starting itself.

Bonus: in windows folder you will find a small program callerloc, which do shot vibration at connection.

Attachments

• VoiceDial.cab
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,363
  • LightToggle.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,370
  • SplashScreen.zip
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,714
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,651
  • new_USB_Driver.cab
    28.6 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

shandar

Dec 10, 2006
Upgrade went smooth and everything seems to be working. Excellent job ALEUT, thanks a lot!

Edit: it doesnt seem to like midi ringtones. They play in slow-mo...

Last edited:

ryanchanmd

Dec 12, 2007
Just reflashed

Hi ALEUT,

I have just reflashed to this ROM and on the first glance of it, I am quite confused as to what are the difference between WM6 and WM6.1..:confused:
because I can't see anything that stands out. Sir can you please some of the features that WM6.1 edges over WM6?

ryanchanmd

Dec 12, 2007
Wireless Manager Error

Hi ALEUT,

I encountered this error when trying to access "Phone Settings" in Wireless Manager.

"The control panel document telephoneygsm.cpl.xml cannot be loaded. Verify the XML and try loading the control panel again."..:confused:

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Hi ALEUT,

I have just reflashed to this ROM and on the first glance of it, I am quite confused as to what are the difference between WM6 and WM6.1..:confused:
because I can't see anything that stands out. Sir can you please some of the features that WM6.1 edges over WM6?
On some screenshots of WM6.1 you can see plugin CHome. I deleted this plugin because it for QVGA.

Attachments

• CHome_typhoon.jpg
    CHome_typhoon.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,175
Last edited:

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Hi ALEUT,

I encountered this error when trying to access "Phone Settings" in Wireless Manager.

"The control panel document telephoneygsm.cpl.xml cannot be loaded. Verify the XML and try loading the control panel again."..:confused:
I know about this bug) But I'm lazy to correct it:rolleyes:

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Nice, but the only issue is that I cannot use midi as a ringtones... :(

Is there any patch for that?

Apart from this - awesome! Very fast and responsive!

cheers
greg
You can install Emuzed midi, amr, awb,mp4 codecs for wmp/ringtones.

Attachments

• Emz_Codecs.cab
    1.6 MB · Views: 428

shandar

Dec 10, 2006
Another issue: I can't receive files over bluetooth. Turning visibility on works fine but switching on Beam gives an error saying it couldn't save the settings. When sending files I just get an error saying the device does not have the necessary services.

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Another issue: I can't receive files over bluetooth. Turning visibility on works fine but switching on Beam gives an error saying it couldn't save the settings. When sending files I just get an error saying the device does not have the necessary services.
Oh, no, I forgot to add support of Irda:( It will be in next version.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone