NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
WM6.1 Rom for Treo 700wx

Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.3 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.3 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.3 Build 20931

• CE OS 5.2.20931 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
  • Release 1.2 with the following changes
  • Updated XIP to 20931. Build numbers now match.
Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.2 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.2 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.2 Build 20931

• CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
  • Release 1.1 with the following changes
  • Added Internet Explorer Mobile 6, and Adobe FlashLite 3.0 for full web browsing.
  • Change PagePool size from 4Mb to 8Mb to better support IEMO6.
Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.1 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.1 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.1 Build 20931

• Release 1.0 with the following changes
  • Change PagePool size from 2Mb to 4Mb. Dramatically improved speed. Special thanks to SnoopDawg and snake334 for spotting and coming up with a solution to this problem!
Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.0 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.0 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.0 Build 20931

• Final Release
  • RC3 with the following changes
  • Fixed missing cleartype tab in settings/screen
  • Voicemail speed dial can be edited and deleted.
  • Added standard performance tweaks.

WM6.0 Rom for Treo 700wx

Alltel WM6 Rom - (This rom has been updated to include the Alltel OEM.)

Verizon WM6 Rom (Verizon 1.24)

Original WM5 OEM - ROMs

Alltel - WM5 OEM (Stock) ROM

Kitchens

NightRaven's Treo 700wx WM6.1 Kitchen
Download the OEM package for your carrier. Extract it, and place the OEM folder in the kitchenNightRaven's Treo 700wx WM6 Kitchen

Instructions for updating ROM
  1. Format SD Card as FAT32.
  2. Copy Rom image (NapaBoth.nb0) to SD card.
  3. Remove Battery from phone, and unplug the power cord.
  4. Reinsert battery while holding the up volume button on the side of the phone.
  5. Follow on screen prompts.
  6. Once the update starts, plug in your power cord. You don't want the battery to go dead while updating.
  7. Wait for approximately 20 minutes for the update to complete.
Misc. Applications

Last edited:

sracercelica

May 6, 2008
Anaheim, CA
What is it that you need help with? I have a 700wx and would love wm6.1, however, what would be the advantage of flashing to 6.1? and is there an unlocker available for the 700wx?

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
What is it that you need help with? I have a 700wx and would love wm6.1, however, what would be the advantage of flashing to 6.1? and is there an unlocker available for the 700wx?

I'm very new to all of this, so I'm not really sure what the unlocker would be for. There is a way to load custom roms. It's extremely easy. I would like to get the 6.1 rom I have for the 750 on the 700wx, because I want the threaded sms embedded in the rom, and I would also like to get EVDO working correctly. I believe EDVO is not working correctly because of the verizon update. At the very least, I need a way to get it out of the current wm6 rom.

I have been able to add and remove files from the wm6 rom for the 700wx, but I am unable to dump it without errors. I have tried removing all of the files in the rom, and adding the files from the 750 6.1 rom. The rom will flash fine, but then 700wx sits at the bootloader. When I run nbinfo on the 750 rom it shows that it has a boot sector, but the wm6 rom for the 700wx does not.

Like I said, I'm very new to this. My progress so far has been trial and error.

Last edited:

asbestos

Sep 21, 2005
I am currently trying to create a WM6.1 rom for the Treo 700wx. I have a working WM6 rom running now. However, there is an issue with EVDO not reconnecting after a disconnect. You have to soft reset the device for it to connect again. It will then run fine until EVDO times out, or you loose signal. I know verizon bastardized there EVDO implementation, and had to release a patch to correct there EVDO issue. I believe this patch was added to this rom, and is causing problems if you are running on another carrier. I'm running on alltel.

I am hoping an unbranded 6.1 rom will correct the issue. However, I am having trouble getting the 6.1 rom to boot after it has been flashed. I will give the 6.0 rom for the Treo 700wx to anyone willing to help. It runs much better than the stock rom.

Would a dumped 750 treo 6.1 ROM help? I have not started messing my with 700wx yet but I do have a 750 and I can throw 6.1 on it fast.

sracercelica

May 6, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Before you can flash custom roms to a phone you need to be able to unlock it. Thats why I asked if there was an unlocker for the 700wx, as far as I know there isnt one. I have been searching for one and havent found one as of yet.

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
Before you can flash custom roms to a phone you need to be able to unlock it. Thats why I asked if there was an unlocker for the 700wx, as far as I know there isnt one. I have been searching for one and havent found one as of yet.

The link in my first post is a custom wm6 rom. I was able to successfully flash it to my 700wx. It runs well with the exception of the intermittent evdo issue. All I had to do to flash it, was format my sd card as fat32. Copy the file to the sd card. Take the battery out of the phone. Reinsert the battery while holding the up volume key. The phone displays press up to update rom. Press up on the direction control. The phone will display checking sd card. Then it will show a screen with a progress bar that says downloading rm + bl or something to that effect. After the progress bar hit 100% the phone reboots, and you are running wm6. I never had to unlock my phone. I have confirmed that it works for Alltel, Sprint, Verizon, and Bell 700wx's. I would be really suprised if it didn't work for all of them.

Ebag333

Dec 28, 2007
NightRaven:

Interesting stuff. I'm going to have to DL it and take a look.

Couple of questions.

What AKU is this?
Does this have the Palm branded tweaks (IE: threaded messaging)?
Does this have SDHC support?
Where'd you get this ROM? (I suspect I know from where...or maybe I should say from who... :D )

You might also want to check out what we're doing over on TreoCentral. We have a WM6 ROM that seems to be working okay. I haven't used it a lot as I personally prefer the speed of WM5, but I'll probably start playing with it more at some point.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=164457

zali

Oct 25, 2006
NightRaven:

thanks so much for this Rom it works just fine on my Sprint Treo700wx.
the only problem is it always says "digital roaming".. how can i change it to sprint?

zali

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
NightRaven:

the only problem is it always says "digital roaming".. how can i change it to sprint?

zali

Not really sure. Does Sprint have the *228 option to activate a phone or update the PRL? That might help... You could also try one of the other options in Settings/Phone/Services tab/network.

Ebag333

Dec 28, 2007
NightRaven:

zali

How did you flash?

I haven't used this ROM yet, but I've used another WM6 Verizonized ROM, and had no problems with my Sprint Treo 700wx.

whydidnt

Sep 15, 2005
Minnesota
The WM6 ROM posted seems to be working great on my Sprint Treo 700WX. I flashed using the instructions provided in this thread. I've added the SDHC patch and am now running a 16 GB Treo 700wx!! I'm not getting the digital roaming message, indicated earlier in this thread and everything seems to be working the way it should.

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
The WM6 ROM posted seems to be working great on my Sprint Treo 700WX. I flashed using the instructions provided in this thread. I've added the SDHC patch and am now running a 16 GB Treo 700wx!! I'm not getting the digital roaming message, indicated earlier in this thread and everything seems to be working the way it should.

If you PM me with a link to the SDHC patch, I'll build it into the ROM.

The Lepricon

Apr 29, 2008
NightRaven:

zali

I'm having the same problem. I flashed with WM6 and my phone no longer would connect to a Sprint tower, always on Digital Roaming. Also, under Settings > Phone > Services > Network I only had 3 options. Home, which got no signal at all. And two with the same name (I don't remember what it was now) but with A and B at the end, both of which would only do Digital Roaming.

So, I flashed back to ebag's Final ROM (http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=164457) and now my Services > Network options are back to normal, but the Home Network Only gets no signal while the other two are Digital Roaming all the time.

Can anybody help with this? I've tried calling Sprint and updating the PRL, I'm at 20229 right now, but no help. Somebody else suggested I needed to reprogram my MSID and SID, but the MSID is still correct and Sprint says they never put anything in the SID part.

I don't know what else to do now. I'm gonna try real quick to flash back to the Stock ROM, see if that helps.

I'm open to any suggestions now. I've been 2 days stuck on 1xRTT and it's killing me :(.

barrowbl

Feb 20, 2008
I'm using the Alltel branded ROM and it seems to be working fine. I think there might be a little more battery drain than I am used to but that is ok. The ROM is certainly faster that the stock 700wx ROM. I have yet to put many programs back on it but the apps i have installed are working flawlessly (SPB Time, Phone Suite, Mobile Shell, Pocket RAR, Pocket Music, and WMTorrent). The MMS doesnt seem to be working though. I'm not sure if i just need to apply Alltel's settings or what. The fact that MMS is not working is not too upsetting as Alltel phone's have never had it to begin with anyway. Truth be told, it is an excellent port of the popular WM6 OS! Great Job!!!! I would just like to note that EVDO is working perfectly.

Last edited:

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
I'm using the Alltel branded ROM and it seems to be working fine. I think there might be a little more battery drain than I am used to but that is ok. The ROM is certainly faster that the stock 700wx ROM. I have yet to put many programs back on it but the apps i have installed are working flawlessly (SPB Time, Phone Suite, Mobile Shell, Pocket RAR, Pocket Music, and WMTorrent). The MMS doesnt seem to be working though. I'm not sure if i just need to apply Alltel's settings or what. The fact that MMS is not working is not too upsetting as Alltel phone's have never had it to begin with anyway. Truth be told, it is an excellent port of the popular WM6 OS! Great Job!!!! I would just like to note that EVDO is working perfectly.

I am still tring to find where the MMS settings are stored in this ROM. I'm sure they just need to be updated, but I have been unable to locate them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WM5 Rom Dump Confirmation

I want to try one of the custom roms but I want to make sure I can return my phone to it's current state. It's very stable and customized with aebutton and other programs to be very useful for me. If the upgrade is not an improvement I'd like to be able to undo it.

So, I've used grab-it to dump the rom and would like to confirm that it's a valid backup without actually trying to restore it to my phone. Is there a way to confirm the dump file? I have tired dumprom.exe but can't seem to get it to work and can't find any clear instructions on how to use it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks