[WM6.5] isMToday: DISCONTINUED

Search This thread

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
DISCONTINUED
At least for now...
I have moved to a new device and started using HTC Sense instead of the 6.5 homescreen.
If i get chance I will finish the C++ version up over christmas, otherwise this can be considered dead.

Introduction
This project is simply a CHome/Titanium plugin which displays your Alarms (G-Alarm or Klaxon) and your Profiles (G-Profile).

Download
Attached to this post.

Installation Instructions
  1. If you have v0.02 or v0.01 (CGAlarm) installed, uninstall that first.
  2. Install the cab file - as far as i know it should not matter where but I have only tested to the main memory.
  3. Wait for the settings program to load.

Notes
  • The settings program is quite slow, but the plugin itself is fine.
  • If anything goes wrong, backups of your .cpr files are kept in \Program Files\isMToday
  • I had to try to figure out the different alarm types. Everyday, weekend, monday, etc type alarms should be supported. One time alarms should be supported. Other types are a bit hit and miss. This does not affect the alarm functioning, but does mean the time to next alarm may be wrong.
  • Alarm/Profile logos taken from iREFLECT by bluemetalaxe
  • Requires .NET Compact Framework 3.5

Changelog
  • v0.06 2009/08/06
    - Hopefully reduced memory footprint
    [*]v0.03 2009/07/29
    - Changed name to isMToday (Previously CGAlarm)
    - Added support for Klaxon
    - Reduced cpu usage
    - Should play nicer with WM6.5 themes
    [*]v0.02_NoG 2009/07/15
    - Changed home screen text from galarm/gprofile to alarm/profile.
    - Otherwise exactly the same as v0.02
    [*]v0.02 2009/07/14
    - Added G-Profile support
    - Added pages for each alarm and profile
    - Other improvements all over
    - More reliable code
    [*]v0.01 2009/07/11
    - Initial release.

Screenshots

Attachments

• isMToday1.png
    isMToday1.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,954
  • isMToday2.jpg
    isMToday2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,834
  • isMToday3.jpg
    isMToday3.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 6,055
  • isMToday4.jpg
    isMToday4.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,656
  • isMToday.0.06.cab
    228.2 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:

Raudi1

Jun 11, 2008
Ostwestfalen
It works without any problems(so far ca. 5min.).
But it would be cool to have a titanium plugin for G-Profile where you can access your profiles and Wifi, Blurtooth, Phone like the normal today plugin.

PS: I use the old free 1.5.1 Version

Last edited:

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
It works without any problems(so far ca. 5min.).
But it would be cool to have a titanium plugin for G-Profile where you can access your profiles and Wifi, Blurtooth, Phone like the normal today plugin.
PS: I use the old free 1.5.1 Version
Thanks for trying. I had not actually considered users of the free version (which may never get an official titanium plugin).
I dont use G-Profile myself but had a quick look. Like G-Alarm it appears most information is available in the registry. At the very least I could add a button to this plugin which would launch the G-Profile quick select app, and perhaps display the currently active profile. It looks like thats all the built in today plugin does anyway. Im not sure about the wifi/bluetooth/phone buttons - I dont think there is a way to get G-Profile to toggle those for me so I would have to impliment it myself which may be too much work when you can access them from the quick select anyway.
Is this the kind of thing you had in mind or were you thinking of a separate plugin?
I will certainly add this to my todo list, but my next task is to try and have pages for all the alarms (so they can be enabled and disabled from the plugin).

I am interested. But it needs more functions.
Can you elaborate on what you want from it?

can't download the cab, the link is broken. also upload a screenshot!
Oops, I moved my webspace around to put this up but its obviously not ready yet. I have attached them to the post for now.

Last edited:

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Very nice. I was wondering if there was a way to slightly reduce the panel name so the "g" in galarm isn't cut off at the bottom?

Thanks for the sweet program.

Raudi1

Jun 11, 2008
Ostwestfalen
Thanks for the new version!
Installed it and works perfectly and now I don't have any reasons to switch back to the standard today page(considered doing it a couple of times) and I definitely won't use Manila anymore(looks good but it takes too much time to reach what you want and it lacks many features like G-Alarm/Profile).You just have to disable titanium when updating from the old version or otherwise the installation fails.
But I'd like to be able to activate the profiles by clicking on them instead of using the softkey. But you already said it will be in your next version so I don't have any complains.

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
Im glad you are happy.

If all goes well I will release the next version in about one week - and this will be the last major update. It should include:
- Setting for enabling the clickable pages
- Setting for either font size or "galarm"/"alarm"
- Fix any update/uninstall issues
- Try to get full compatability with different alarm types
- Try to improve the layout a bit, possibly including logos for alarms/profiles and current time/date - This will require further investigation and may not change at all
- Try to make the config app a bit smoother (or at least better indicate when its busy).

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know as soon as possible. After this update I will focus on other projects and plan to only release further updates to match G-Alarm updates and fix bugs.

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Im glad you are happy.

If all goes well I will release the next version in about one week - and this will be the last major update. It should include:
- Setting for enabling the clickable pages
- Setting for either font size or "galarm"/"alarm"
- Fix any update/uninstall issues
- Try to get full compatability with different alarm types
- Try to improve the layout a bit, possibly including logos for alarms/profiles and current time/date - This will require further investigation and may not change at all
- Try to make the config app a bit smoother (or at least better indicate when its busy).

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know as soon as possible. After this update I will focus on other projects and plan to only release further updates to match G-Alarm updates and fix bugs.

Thanks for fixing that plugin name. One last thing I noticed is that when you scroll to the the panel "No upcomming alarms" is not centered in the panel like the other panels. I mean up and down centered. Left to right is good. That is the only thing I can find. Very nice app. Thanks for taking care of these cosmetic items.

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
Ah, I had not considered the middle "No missed calls" etc of the other panels. Matching that should be straightforward so will be included in the next release.

Thanks for the input.

DJRedLine

Oct 24, 2008
Aldershot
I have change the condensed view on my Omnia to the following -

Code:
<Layer ID="CGAlarmCondensed" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="34">
	<Image ID="ImageFixed" Source="\My Documents\Themes\Bliss\bliss_iconbgclear_portrait.png" 	Left="10" Top="4" Width="220" Height="29" ScaleStyle="Fit" />
    <Layer ID="Page">
	<!-- Icon -->
      <Image ID="ImageFixed" Source="\My Documents\Themes\Bliss\bliss_clock.png" Left="11" Top="7" Width="23" Height="23" ScaleStyle="Fit" />
      <Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="40" Top="6" Width="220" Height="34" FontFamily="segoe ui" FontSize="15" FontStyle="regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">

My issue is that i am unable to see the bliss_clock.png image in the condensed view.
Am i missing something silly? like a registry entry thats required?

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
You just need to put the images outside the Page layer:
Code:
  <Layer ID="CGAlarmCondensed" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="34">
    <Image ID="ImageFixed" Source="\My Documents\Themes\Bliss\bliss_iconbgclear_portrait.png" 	Left="10" Top="4" Width="220" Height="29" ScaleStyle="Fit" />
    <Image ID="ImageFixed" Source="\My Documents\Themes\Bliss\bliss_clock.png" Left="11" Top="7" Width="23" Height="23" ScaleStyle="Fit" />
    <Layer ID="Page">

Your example did not work because the Bliss theme is replacing the images already included in the clock panel. Its hard to tell exactly because the clock is built into CHome, but it must define ImageFixed somehow. As ours is not built in, we would need a definition like this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CGAlarm\CondensedPage\ImageFixed
for it to work within the Page layer, and I think it would ignore the Source="..." bit then anyway.

Dont forget, if you make changes like and run the cgalarm settings application again it will undo them. But as it backs your cpr to \Program Files\CGAlarm you can just copy it back again.

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Nice panel, thanks!
About G-profiles (I use Klaxon, no g-alarm)... you could use the same icons for every profile as they are installed! In Program Files\ageye\G-Profile\skins\default you can find all the original icons. Maybe you could even add a G-Profile icon in the condensed view? And do you know Klaxon maybe? And maybier, are you going to roll out any Klaxon panel? Would be similar to G-Profile's, simply read the alarms set (and maybe some option/setting? don't know...) and create panel page... ;)

4grom

Nov 9, 2008
1. Why in the startup file cgalarm.exe? This is due to update in real time? It loads the processor, resulting ooze battery ...
2. I changed the name of the plugin across CHomeEditor. After rebooting restores title by default. How can I avoid this?