WM6.5 Standard ENG OCOS 5.2.21234(Build21234.5.0.1)ver.1.0(Full and Lite) by Gregorys

Search This thread

george_sh

Oct 26, 2005
Ulyanovsk
-t9 dont work sometimes, like opening a link into skyfire the t9/abc wont be there and you can only input numbers, work normaly if you open the progam manually.

Maybe it's a problem of Skyfire? Well, as far as I understand, even in official ROMs there are fields in IE and other programs that require only numbers or ABC. E.g. e-mail settings (login & password).

-the bottom "taskbar" does not change color even when changing schemes, so say i change to blue scheme, the bottom stays black but the top will be blue. this makes using the windows default theme very ugly IMO.

Yes, there is a slight problem, but Gregory has already commented on this:

just rename the key HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Today/SoftKeyBar to, say, SoftKeyBar0. And it'll be OK.

- new IE is a pain to use (again probaly not this roms fault)
default page images are really grainy, pixelated no matter the zoom level.

Yeah, I also had trouble 'catching' the links with joystick movement.

And I've never had other problems mentioned.

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Can I confirm that the installation procedure is still the same as what I have written in my guide?

What's with the format BINFS (sector number) issue? to free up more space?

If it is not, I need to update them or people will start ending up with a brick.

rajathvsm

Jan 25, 2009
Lost
www.rajath.co.nr
Guide.

Yup, the number is to maximize storage. It is the hexadecimal equivalent of the size of the ROM. And thanks for your excellent guide:).

Just update, if you already haven't, to include 6.5 ROMs' links.
I suggest this ROM and JouSePo's 21501 ROM, as I have tested both and think that they are relatively bug free.

Anyone upgrading from WM5 to WM 6.5 PRO will flabbergasted!!! :D:p

@SGregory, excellent ROM. Thank you!:)

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Yup, the number is to maximize storage. It is the hexadecimal equivalent of the size of the ROM. And thanks for your excellent guide:).

Just update, if you already haven't, to include 6.5 ROMs' links.
I suggest this ROM and JouSePo's 21501 ROM, as I have tested both and think that they are relatively bug free.

Anyone upgrading from WM5 to WM 6.5 PRO will flabbergasted!!! :D:p

@SGregory, excellent ROM. Thank you!:)

So how do we find out the hexadecimal value of the size of the ROM?

I will only update the guide once I myself has personally upgraded the phone, feels more comfortable doing so.

I have downloaded the ROM and I will flash it tonight (10 hours later)

rajathvsm

Jan 25, 2009
Lost
www.rajath.co.nr
So how do we find out the hexadecimal value of the size of the ROM?

I will only update the guide once I myself has personally upgraded the phone, feels more comfortable doing so.

I have downloaded the ROM and I will flash it tonight (10 hours later)

Sure, it's your guide.:)
That's the way to do it. I appreciate it.;)

In TTP,
For Full version: format BINFS 02200000
For Lite version: format BINFS 01E00000

I think the value is calculated like this.
Check the size of the .nbf file in number of bytes and convert it into hexadecimal using any decimal to hexadecimal converter. You can use the Calc program in Windows (Desktop) to convert it. Just go to scientific mode and enter the size and click on hexadecimal. I hope this is the way to do it.:D
Can anyone confirm this?

All your questions have already been answered in earlier posts. Please follow the thread fully for any more questions.:)

puffin_nugs

May 7, 2009
Sure, it's your guide.:)
That's the way to do it. I appreciate it.;)

In TTP,
For Full version: format BINFS 02200000
For Lite version: format BINFS 01E00000

I think the value is calculated like this.
Check the size of the .nbf file in number of bytes and convert it into hexadecimal using any decimal to hexadecimal converter. You can use the Calc program in Windows (Desktop) to convert it. Just go to scientific mode and enter the size and click on hexadecimal. I hope this is the way to do it.:D
Can anyone confirm this?

All your questions have already been answered in earlier posts. Please follow the thread fully for any more questions.:)

yes, you would be correct. i have personally flashed this rom with 02200000 and its complety safe, didnt make a differce from the normal "format binfs" but thats mostly likely that the rom i was using before was around the same size.

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
How many more extra storage space do we get by entering the hexadecimal value? Cause my guides serves newbie, and I would like to make it as easy as possible.

rajathvsm

Jan 25, 2009
Lost
www.rajath.co.nr
Not for newbies!

I suggest that the newbies better not try this at first as saving a couple of mb in storage space is not something that is important at first. If they mess up entering the values, I am not sure of the consequences. They can try it once they are comfortable in flashing.:)

I am saying this because I am kinda a newbie too.:);)

And anyhow, the values have to be changed for every ROM and so it has to be calculated and entered every time we flash. That too in terms of bytes.

I think that the amount of space you save from specifying the size actually depends upon the size of the partition in the previous state of the mobile. Please can anyone correct this if I am wrong?

BTW, I think I noticed a difference of a couple of megs. I am sure Thacen would be interested in this.:D:p Well, to say the truth, even I am greedy for more storage space and RAM.:D;)

rajathvsm

Jan 25, 2009
Lost
www.rajath.co.nr
Requests

I changed the dpi to 96 but the notification icons are not visible. But the ROM looks extremely beautiful and user-friendly because of the amount of information you can get at one glance. It is one of the reasons why people like me choose PRO ROMs. So, is there any patch that I can make use of? I searched the forum but I didn't find anything of help.

And I would like to use xt9 instead of the T9 input present, as it is easy to add custom words through xt9 as well as the correction features help when I am typing too fast. Any info on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!:)

PS: @SGregory,
Any chance of entering into the PRO ROM cooking arena?:D:cool:

Oct 6, 2007
Wanderer in Life
Comparing 6.5 to 6.1

ok aside from its speedy performance what other major attributes that the 6.5 rom has that the 6.1 doesnt have...in general terms and not just of its speed.

deshwasi

Mar 20, 2006
what a sweet ROM SCGregory. great work mate. i just flashed from a kamikadze 6.1RC. everything looks nice in the 5 mins i have used it (except for the IE start page that just looks sorry). fakecursor is not in here, correct?

Last edited:

iceage6

Jan 15, 2008
Fantastic work

The lite version of this ROM is my new top favorite - fantastic work! I upgraded from 6.1 Pro, and like this a lot better. At first I tried the full version, but didn't care for the poor IE performance & navigation issues at all, so I re-flashed, this time going with the lite ROM, and haven't looked back since. :D

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Perhaps the first post can be updated with the exact hexadecimal value for each ROM ?