[WM6.5] Start Menu - 3/4/5/6 Items Wide - WVGA/VGA/QVGA/WQVGA

Search This thread

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
I recently made some cabs for the HD2 to change the start menu to 4 or 5 items wide. As this was quite popular I have been working to support more devices. It makes the start menu 3, 4, 5 or 6 items wide (portrait) and keeps the same icon size for landscape.

VGA:
attachment.php
attachment.php

WVGA:
attachment.php
attachment.php

VGA (480x640), WVGA (480x800), QVGA (240x320) and WQVGA (240x400) are all supported.

Select a StartMenu_Grid_n.CAB below, where n is the number of items you want in portrait.

If you think the text is too small, try this one. Still too small? Try this one.

Attachments

• StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB
    14.9 KB · Views: 22,042
  • vga_landscape.jpg
    vga_landscape.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 82,426
  • vga_portrait.jpg
    vga_portrait.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 82,247
  • wvga_landscape.jpg
    wvga_landscape.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 81,543
  • wvga_portrait.jpg
    wvga_portrait.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 82,852
  • StartMenu_Grid_3.CAB
    15 KB · Views: 10,376
  • StartMenu_Grid_6.CAB
    14.9 KB · Views: 14,165
  • StartMenu_Grid_4.CAB
    15 KB · Views: 21,728
Last edited:
Reactions: rashazad

steff195

Nov 5, 2008
Severin
First of all thank you for this cab.
It works well on my Omnia, but the icons are very crowded and kinda small... can you provide a 4 columns cab hoping that this would look better? Thanks!

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
Thanks you all for testing this for me.

steff195: Please try the attached 4-wide cab, and let me know if it works for you.

(Cab moved to post 1)

Last edited:

steff195

Nov 5, 2008
Severin
Thank you so much!
It is perfect for my Omnia. Just to provide you some more feedback, the 5 columns cab was also working very fine, but the icons were too small and too crowded for my liking. This is better.

Take a look:
091126212546.png

Again, a very big thank you! ;)

Last edited:

kdkinc

Jul 27, 2009
Inverness, Florida
Works great on i910 Omnia.
I like the 5 wide so I can see most of the menu in one place,less screen dragging to find a program icon.
The icons are small but the setup from my 3 wide is still in place for the most part:)

slimshadee

Jun 2, 2006
Chicagoland
Could you also throw a cab together that reverts back to the standard 3 columns? A lot of custom ROMS for my Tilt2 have the 4 or 5 column built in, and I think it slows down the device and I prefer the larger icons in the 3 column arrangement.

I haven't found a universal cab that will revert it on the Tilt 2, it seems that each ROM chef has to make his own for the particular ROM.

Thanks!!

virtuss

Nov 19, 2009
just to clarify. I'd like to have 3-wide in portrait, and 6-wide in landscape. But I want them to change automatically when I rotate my screen. Is this possible ? Since now when I rotate my screen I have 3wide both in landscape and portrait.

handsome1_blr

Oct 6, 2008
Bangaluru
Hi,

Just installed it on my Artemis (QVGA) and it works perfectly !! I've been dying to get this and had requested all other guys for the same !! At last found it !!

A BIG THANK's TO YOU :D !!

Regards.

isangelous

Jan 28, 2009
England
Please can those who requested the 3-wide try the one attached.

virtuss:
I am afraid it is not 6-wide in landscape. It is 4-wide for VGA/QVGA users and 5-wide for WVGA/WQVGA, as this keeps the icon size the same when switching between portrait and landscape.

I havent done the 6-wide yet (this is quite a boring task!) so will probably get that finished tomorrow. Once that is done, im thinking it would be pretty straightforward to release separate cabs for portrait and landscape, allowing users like you to pick the number of items you want for each.

(Cab moved to post 1)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently made some cabs for the HD2 to change the start menu to 4 or 5 items wide. As this was quite popular I have been working to support more devices. It makes the start menu 3, 4, 5 or 6 items wide (portrait) and keeps the same icon size for landscape.

VGA:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

WVGA:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

VGA (480x640), WVGA (480x800), QVGA (240x320) and WQVGA (240x400) are all supported.

Select a StartMenu_Grid_n.CAB below, where n is the number of items you want in portrait.

If you think the text is too small, try this one. Still too small? Try this one.