• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

WM6 on Artemis - Contacts with area code problem

Search This thread

jkomets

Feb 11, 2008
Berlin
I'd like to be able to enter my contacts on my XDA Orbit, 7-digit number only, and have it recognize these contacts when they call. My carrier passes the number (123)456-7890 to my phone as +11234567890,, so why can't my phone realize that that number is the same as 4567890 (in the same area code). This way, whenever I receive a phone call or text message, I'm not sure who it is. Is it a simple setting? Thanks. My past phones (mostly Nokias and Samsungs) have not had problems with this at all.

hibbins1203

Mar 10, 2008
Shanghai
space.itpub.net
I'd like to be able to enter my contacts on my XDA Orbit, 7-digit number only, and have it recognize these contacts when they call. My carrier passes the number (123)456-7890 to my phone as +11234567890,, so why can't my phone realize that that number is the same as 4567890 (in the same area code). This way, whenever I receive a phone call or text message, I'm not sure who it is. Is it a simple setting? Thanks. My past phones (mostly Nokias and Samsungs) have not had problems with this at all.

Maybe you can try this:

Contacts > Menu > Options..., you can see the Area CODE, just Clear it.

jkomets

Feb 11, 2008
Berlin
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I kept getting the 500 Internal Server Error when trying to access the site. Neither removing the area code, nor adding a 1, nor adding +1 works. Thanks for your help so far.