WMWifiRouter - v1.60 (build 1120) - December 17, 2009

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT TOPIC FOR THE COMMERCIAL VERSION. IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED USER AND ARE HAVING A PROBLEM, USE THE CONTACT FORM ON THE WEB SITE !

v0.91 and older users should post here, as those are not officially supported versions.

---

WMWifiRouter website:
http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

Directly to the trial download:
http://www.wmwifirouter.com/trial/

---

Before February 28, 2008
Not going to recap the entire history here, the first release was November 2, 2007, with a lot of releases between then and February 28. The exact history you can find scattered through this topic and the previous one - TalynOne's.

February 28, 2008
v0.96 TRIAL has been released.

March 13, 2008
v0.97 TRIAL has been released.

March 26, 2008
v1.00 has been released (!)

April 1, 2008
v1.01 has been released. Various small bugfixes, specific device compatibility fixes for EM-ONE, EM-ONE Alpha and W-ZERO3. Also adds semi-live traffic statistics and live connection monitoring.

1.02, 1.03, 1.04
These are just small maintenance releases bringing nothing really new. Some device specific things added again for the Japanese users, new trial end dates, small bug fixes.

June 3, 2008
v1.05 has been released. Various small issues fixed. Capability added for multilingual support (only English is included out of the box, though), corporate EULA changes, new EXE installer (which can 'inject' your license key into the installation, and remembers it for future installs), small GUI adjustments.

I'd like to stress again that almost all new functionality is going into the 1.20 branch, and the < 1.20 branch will remain maintenance updates only.

June 12, 2008
v1.20 beta sent out to the first beta testers! It still has a very long way to go, but the semi-public beta (select numer of registered users only) is probably not far off!

July 23, 2008
v1.09 released and the beta is still going steady. Hopefully a public release soon!

August 13, 2008
v1.10 released.

August 25, 2008
v1.20 beta build 500 upgraded to 'semi-public' status - available to all paying customers. Newer builds available every few days, these will not be announced.

September 3, 2008
v1.11 released - probably the last 1.10 version!

September 11, 2008
v1.20 released

November 11, 2008
v1.25 released

March 20, 2009
v1.30 released

July 3, 2009
v1.50 released

July 9, 2009
v1.52 released

Backlight timeout issue fix: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0907027/

December 17, 2009
v1.60 released

Last edited:

thelostsoul

Jan 15, 2007
I've got a question since I still can't get it working. When it says "Waiting for connection" after "Starting ICS" is it waiting for ICS to get a connection to the internet or for the device to connect to a PC or something?

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
I've got a question since I still can't get it working. When it says "Waiting for connection" after "Starting ICS" is it waiting for ICS to get a connection to the internet or for the device to connect to a PC or something?

It is (99% sure) waiting for ICS to connect your data connection to the internet. If ICS is not functioning correctly you are also likely to see this message.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Heeeelp Meeee! :)

Ok I'm done updating the first 3 posts of this thread and changing the references, version numbers, etc on the webpage.

Now I need your help with the following:
  • FAQ entries - please suggest new ones, common problems, common answers, etc
  • Devices - please tell me what devices you have used and did or didn't work
  • ICS Installer - still need somebody to test it!

Also, even if you already know all about this, please do read the first 3 posts, and point out mistakes, stuff that is missing, etc.

Thank you!

Last edited:

thelostsoul

Jan 15, 2007
Okay, I think I've decided what the problem is then.

I have no dll that was designed for my card. WMWifiRouter detects it as SWLD23N1, which is correct, but none of the available dll downloads are designed for this card. So, as far as I can tell, this is why ICS can't get a connection, and why WMWifiRouter can't pass the "Waiting for connection" screen.

Any solutions?

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Okay, I think I've decided what the problem is then.

I have no dll that was designed for my card. WMWifiRouter detects it as SWLD23N1, which is correct, but none of the available dll downloads are designed for this card. So, as far as I can tell, this is why ICS can't get a connection, and why WMWifiRouter can't pass the "Waiting for connection" screen.

Any solutions?

You do not need any hacked DLL's. In fact, it doesn't work with the hacked DLL's at all anymore. Did you device not come with ICS originally? If so, try removing the files you replaced again.

thelostsoul

Jan 15, 2007
No, my device came with nothing. So I downloaded an ICS exe, popped it in there, and it just stopped at Waiting for connection. When I put any dll in there, it will lock at the same place, but my device will tell me my connection settings are wrong. When the app is not started, everything works normally.

remofo

Feb 7, 2007
Hi Chainfire,

I've found that there are DHCP issues when using an iPod Touch on versions > 0.80. As I mentioned in the other thread, the iPod continually connects & reconnects. I removed the old network settings and still no luck. This is only when trying to connect with an iPod. I can connect normally with my Vista notebook.

In version 0.80 the iPod connects without any problem :)

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
No, my device came with nothing. So I downloaded an ICS exe, popped it in there, and it just stopped at Waiting for connection. When I put any dll in there, it will lock at the same place, but my device will tell me my connection settings are wrong. When the app is not started, everything works normally.

ICS works for you through USB with your computer?

You could still try using the ICS Installer linked in the second post.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Hi Chainfire,

I've found that there are DHCP issues when using an iPod Touch on versions > 0.80. As I mentioned in the other thread, the iPod continually connects & reconnects. I removed the old network settings and still no luck. This is only when trying to connect with an iPod. I can connect normally with my Vista notebook.

In version 0.80 the iPod connects without any problem :)

Well seems we'll have to figure out what the exact issue is. Can you retry with v0.87? If the problem persists I will release v0.88 with an option to disable the "DHCP Allocator", and we can try with that (if that doesn't work either, it's not DHCP that is the problem - though it seems likely)

thelostsoul

Jan 15, 2007
ICS works for you through USB with your computer?

You could still try using the ICS Installer linked in the second post.

Ohh...no, if I just run ICS, I have no option under "Network Connections" That's the same before running the patch and after. Also, after the patch, I have the same issue as when I put the wrong dll in there. It says Waiting for connection and my device reports and inability to connect.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Ohh...no, if I just run ICS, I have no option under "Network Connections" That's the same before running the patch and after. Also, after the patch, I have the same issue as when I put the wrong dll in there. It says Waiting for connection and my device reports and inability to connect.

Interesting! I think I know how to fix that... What language is your ROM ?

draghn

Jul 26, 2007
Reno
Chainfire,

My ICS was working fine through the USB cable on my PPC-6800, but I went ahead and used your installer and completed the steps posted in the previous thread...

Everything installed fine, and ICS works beautifully through the USB cable.

I had an error with WMWifiRouter that I will make in its own post right after this one.

Last edited:

draghn

Jul 26, 2007
Reno
WMWifiRouter + iPod Touch issue:

I decided to double check and see if it was just my iPod Touch communication to WMWifiRouter and used my laptop to test it out.

The laptop connected just fine to WMWifiRouter v0.87 and I could browse the internet and do other data stuff. I set the laptop aside and left it connected. I turned the iPod Touch 16g on, turned on Wifi on that device and told it to connect to WMWifiRouter (which had appeared in the list of networks to join).

The iPod Touch connected for a split second (displaying brief information of an IP address of 192.168.1.254, DNS and Router settings of 192.168.0.1) then immediately disconnected:

On the PPC-6800, the data connection to Sprint was disconnected, WMWifiRouter attempted to re-initiate the connection and connected fine. I tried to reconnect the iPod Touch with the same results, but this time an error window popped on the PPC-6800 (running WM6) the contents of which can be found at the bottom of this post (typed exactly as appeared in the window). Maybe this can help in some way. Looks like the same issue remofo was talking about with his iPod Touch.

Runtime error 216 at
$00026B4C
$00026B4C
$00020B80
$0001B040
$03F63EE4
$03F64014

Runetime error 216 at
$00026B4C
$00026B4C
$00020B80
$0001B040
$000230D4
$0001E800

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT TOPIC FOR THE COMMERCIAL VERSION. IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED USER AND ARE HAVING A PROBLEM, USE THE CONTACT FORM ON THE WEB SITE !

v0.91 and older users should post here, as those are not officially supported versions.

---

WMWifiRouter website:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

Directly to the trial download:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/trial/

---

Before February 28, 2008
    Not going to recap the entire history here, the first release was November 2, 2007, with a lot of releases between then and February 28. The exact history you can find scattered through this topic and the previous one - TalynOne's.

February 28, 2008
    v0.96 TRIAL has been released.

March 13, 2008
    v0.97 TRIAL has been released.

March 26, 2008
    v1.00 has been released (!)

April 1, 2008
    v1.01 has been released. Various small bugfixes, specific device compatibility fixes for EM-ONE, EM-ONE Alpha and W-ZERO3. Also adds semi-live traffic statistics and live connection monitoring.

1.02, 1.03, 1.04
    These are just small maintenance releases bringing nothing really new. Some device specific things added again for the Japanese users, new trial end dates, small bug fixes.

June 3, 2008
    v1.05 has been released. Various small issues fixed. Capability added for multilingual support (only English is included out of the box, though), corporate EULA changes, new EXE installer (which can 'inject' your license key into the installation, and remembers it for future installs), small GUI adjustments.

I'd like to stress again that almost all new functionality is going into the 1.20 branch, and the < 1.20 branch will remain maintenance updates only.

June 12, 2008
    v1.20 beta sent out to the first beta testers! It still has a very long way to go, but the semi-public beta (select numer of registered users only) is probably not far off!

July 23, 2008
    v1.09 released and the beta is still going steady. Hopefully a public release soon!

August 13, 2008
    v1.10 released.

August 25, 2008
    v1.20 beta build 500 upgraded to 'semi-public' status - available to all paying customers. Newer builds available every few days, these will not be announced.

September 3, 2008
    v1.11 released - probably the last 1.10 version!

September 11, 2008
    v1.20 released

November 11, 2008
    v1.25 released

March 20, 2009
    v1.30 released

July 3, 2009
    v1.50 released

July 9, 2009
    v1.52 released

Backlight timeout issue fix: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0907027/

December 17, 2009
    v1.60 released
    -- reserved --

-- reserved --
    Hmmm... I don't know the reasoning, but I see that this has been removed from the second post, so I figured I'd post it for anybody that may still need it...

Instructions:
    - Download the attached ICSInstall.CAB and put it on your phone
    - Click the CAB to start the install
    - Make sure to install to the DEVICE, not to the storage card!
    - Soft-reset
    - Run WMWifiRouter and have fun :)
    Not really.. We're aware this conflicts on some devices, it's quite likely because many devices have a single antenna that is used for both bluetooth and wifi (and thus can interfere with eachother), combined with drivers that are not built to handle it. That's 'informed speculation', though ;)

I can assure you however, even though WMWifiRouter also offers the option to share over bluetooth, nothing is done with/to your bluetooth stack unless you choose a connection profile that actually uses it (this is true as well for cellular, wifi, usb). It's not something WMWifiRouter is doing, it's something your device is (not) doing.

I do know there some registry edit you can do on a device or two that enables simultaneous use (in the driver?). I think it was for the Athena, but not sure, been a while since I've seen that hack.

And BTW, I see you mentioned the data connection being interrupted during a call and resuming after... that is not "normal" behaviour as you describe it, in fact, it depends entirely on the network you are using and it's capabilities. For comparison, my data connection never drops when I get a call (it'll happily keep going), while for other people calls do not come through at all when a data connection is active. For more information, see http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0802013/.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone