WMWifiRouter - v1.60 (build 1120) - December 17, 2009

Search This thread

superhotluv

Sep 27, 2010
I have the same problem and need help with my Toshiba Thrive Tablet running Android 3.1 Stock ROM. There seem to be different versions of the wpa_supplicant file and I can't figure out which one to use with my Thrive Tablet. I haven't been able to find any step by step instructions either on how to make the modifictions with the file so I can see Ad-Hoc networks with my Thrive. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks so much!

Check this link out. The file that I used is here in the link. Download, and follow the process.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=12858786&postcount=1

PS: adb commands are required if you connect your tablet to the PC and try to control it from there. If you are carrying out the process directly from the tablet. omit the adb commands. And don't forget to reboot after the process, else it won't work.

:)

Apota

Dec 21, 2007
You used this file on a Toshiba Thrive Tablet? It says that file is for a rooted Xoom Tablet. I already tried it and it didn't work. I posted a message on the Thrive Forum and they said the Thrive needs to be rooted and you can't root the Thrive yet because it's so new there isn't a Root Procedure availible yet. So, I guess there is nothing I can do until a Root Procedure is available for this tablet.

Check this link out. The file that I used is here in the link. Download, and follow the process.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=12858786&postcount=1

PS: adb commands are required if you connect your tablet to the PC and try to control it from there. If you are carrying out the process directly from the tablet. omit the adb commands. And don't forget to reboot after the process, else it won't work.

:)

SantosJL

Jun 19, 2009
Wlan is On! Waiting for Ics...

Move it to another post...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I have WMWIFIROUTER 0.89 installed on a Mogul ppc6800 windows 7 custom rom

Wlan is On! Waiting for Ics... what i did to get this to work was went to
settings> connections> wi-fi> Add New>

Network name: XDA-Wifi-Sharing
Connects to: The Internet
Checked: This is a device-to-device (ad-hoc) connection
Authentication: Open
Data Encryption: Wep
Network Key: 1234567890
Key index = 1
Next > Finish
make sure that the Wifi switch if you have one is on and that the wifi is one
After that i went to the WMWifiRouter icon
Click> Option>Configuration>Auto reconnect>check>
Backed out and-than click connect. and it connected to the ad-hoc XDA-Wifi-router all by itself getting past the
ForeSaken Zone (Wlan is On! Waiting for Ics...) Than you go to the computer wifi connect to the ad hoc XDA-Wifi-router
go to the internet browser
example IE: tools>Internet options> connections>Lan settings> Proxy server

Only if your phone connection uses a proxy server like METROPCS
And check Use a proxy server for your Lan (these settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).

Hope this helps the world and that maker of the app..I looked for this solution forever my brain was on refry...

Last edited:

emelanie

Sep 2, 2007
Birmingham, Al
other phones/devices can't see connection but computer can

I don't know what to do, I feel like I've tried everything. I want to be able to broadcast the wifi from my phone a t-mobile HTC Hd2 , to my other phone and my boyfriends phone (mine is a HTC Sensation his is a HTC Incredible - both running android). My laptop sees the connection and connects just fine. Neither of the phones sees the connection to be able to connect to. I don't see an option in the phone (Sensation or Incredible) to enable ad-hoc networks? My father also has a HTC Sensation and when he turns on his wi-fi as a hotspot, I can connect to it without a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
~Mel

Last edited:

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
ya.. i've problem too. it seems that android (gingerbread sony erricson mini pro) cannot "see" ad-hoc" connection. i've tested on symbian (nokia) and windows 7. it can "sees" ad-hoc" connection.

jontp2

Feb 3, 2010
I don't know what to do, I feel like I've tried everything. I want to be able to broadcast the wifi from my phone a t-mobile HTC Hd2 , to my other phone and my boyfriends phone (mine is a HTC Sensation his is a HTC Incredible - both running android). My laptop sees the connection and connects just fine. Neither of the phones sees the connection to be able to connect to. I don't see an option in the phone (Sensation or Incredible) to enable ad-hoc networks? My father also has a HTC Sensation and when he turns on his wi-fi as a hotspot, I can connect to it without a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
~Mel

Hi emaline, I've just been through this with my Android tablet, your right, Android is setup not to see ad-hoc connections although it is perfectly able to connect to them. Amongst your files you will find one called wpa_supplicant. This is the file that needs changing, you'll have to research it for your device but I found a replacement suitable for my tablet "wpa_supplicant.adhoc" that allows ad-hoc networks to be seen & hence connected to as normal. Just a case of copying into the folder & renaming.
Best things is to Google it for your device.
Best of luck

przemke

Aug 23, 2011
Hi there guys,
WMwifirouter is now a free app as it is not continued for WM6.5. I installed 2.0 version on SE Aspen M1i and the problem is the laptop connects to the phone's network (takes long however) but internet does not work - no response from any server. Is there anything I should change from the default settings like this proxy or something (I am not using proxy on the phone so..)? the 3g internet connection works just fine on the phone itself

I've been using wifirouter on xperia X1 without a problem (built into 826x htc sense rom) - is there a cab for that app ?

Reactions: Jimmy_Tsatsos

przemke

Aug 23, 2011
Hi there
My wifirouter app on M1i is not working despite messing with different settings (the laptop just won't ping/connect to anything over the internet although on phone it works fine)
I remember different app worked fine on X1, pehaps anyone has that one (or another one to try) or know where to look for it

It would be really useful, otherwise I will have to transition with everything into new phone, which I don't like at all ! :((

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT TOPIC FOR THE COMMERCIAL VERSION. IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED USER AND ARE HAVING A PROBLEM, USE THE CONTACT FORM ON THE WEB SITE !

v0.91 and older users should post here, as those are not officially supported versions.

---

WMWifiRouter website:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

Directly to the trial download:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/trial/

---

Before February 28, 2008
    Not going to recap the entire history here, the first release was November 2, 2007, with a lot of releases between then and February 28. The exact history you can find scattered through this topic and the previous one - TalynOne's.

February 28, 2008
    v0.96 TRIAL has been released.

March 13, 2008
    v0.97 TRIAL has been released.

March 26, 2008
    v1.00 has been released (!)

April 1, 2008
    v1.01 has been released. Various small bugfixes, specific device compatibility fixes for EM-ONE, EM-ONE Alpha and W-ZERO3. Also adds semi-live traffic statistics and live connection monitoring.

1.02, 1.03, 1.04
    These are just small maintenance releases bringing nothing really new. Some device specific things added again for the Japanese users, new trial end dates, small bug fixes.

June 3, 2008
    v1.05 has been released. Various small issues fixed. Capability added for multilingual support (only English is included out of the box, though), corporate EULA changes, new EXE installer (which can 'inject' your license key into the installation, and remembers it for future installs), small GUI adjustments.

I'd like to stress again that almost all new functionality is going into the 1.20 branch, and the < 1.20 branch will remain maintenance updates only.

June 12, 2008
    v1.20 beta sent out to the first beta testers! It still has a very long way to go, but the semi-public beta (select numer of registered users only) is probably not far off!

July 23, 2008
    v1.09 released and the beta is still going steady. Hopefully a public release soon!

August 13, 2008
    v1.10 released.

August 25, 2008
    v1.20 beta build 500 upgraded to 'semi-public' status - available to all paying customers. Newer builds available every few days, these will not be announced.

September 3, 2008
    v1.11 released - probably the last 1.10 version!

September 11, 2008
    v1.20 released

November 11, 2008
    v1.25 released

March 20, 2009
    v1.30 released

July 3, 2009
    v1.50 released

July 9, 2009
    v1.52 released

Backlight timeout issue fix: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0907027/

December 17, 2009
    v1.60 released
    -- reserved --

-- reserved --
    Hmmm... I don't know the reasoning, but I see that this has been removed from the second post, so I figured I'd post it for anybody that may still need it...

Instructions:
    - Download the attached ICSInstall.CAB and put it on your phone
    - Click the CAB to start the install
    - Make sure to install to the DEVICE, not to the storage card!
    - Soft-reset
    - Run WMWifiRouter and have fun :)
    Not really.. We're aware this conflicts on some devices, it's quite likely because many devices have a single antenna that is used for both bluetooth and wifi (and thus can interfere with eachother), combined with drivers that are not built to handle it. That's 'informed speculation', though ;)

I can assure you however, even though WMWifiRouter also offers the option to share over bluetooth, nothing is done with/to your bluetooth stack unless you choose a connection profile that actually uses it (this is true as well for cellular, wifi, usb). It's not something WMWifiRouter is doing, it's something your device is (not) doing.

I do know there some registry edit you can do on a device or two that enables simultaneous use (in the driver?). I think it was for the Athena, but not sure, been a while since I've seen that hack.

And BTW, I see you mentioned the data connection being interrupted during a call and resuming after... that is not "normal" behaviour as you describe it, in fact, it depends entirely on the network you are using and it's capabilities. For comparison, my data connection never drops when I get a call (it'll happily keep going), while for other people calls do not come through at all when a data connection is active. For more information, see http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0802013/.