Question Won't Boot after flashing logo.img

Search This thread

GiantMurloc

Jan 13, 2020
I accidentally flashed the wrong logo.img and now my phone does not boot anymore, its just a black screen

idk if there is a way to write the phone without booting it, if someone got an idea what I could do, please help me :'(

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
It would be better if you told us exactly what you did. Step by step. Then we can more easily assess how serious the error may have been.

GiantMurloc

Jan 13, 2020
It would be better if you told us exactly what you did. Step by step. Then we can more easily assess how serious the error may have been.
so, I broke my system img today, the phone was in a bootloop and I downloaded the system img and boot img from c.mi.com, then I found out that there is actually a logo.img for the splashscreen and tried to create my own, I thought it would be alright if I flash it and I could get back to fastboot if its not working. well seems like that was wrong, now the phone is not booting anymore :'(

GiantMurloc

Jan 13, 2020
I there any way to the phone before it tried to start the logo.img?
On my old lenovo tablet there was a software called mtk tool that was able to flash the device before it starts anything

GiantMurloc

Jan 13, 2020
so I found out that I could try to boot my phone into the edl mode, so I can flash it with mi flash tool, but I would need to remove the phone cover for that, so it would be my last option, any other idea?

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
The question is whether the phone doesn't actually report anything when connected to a PC. In Windows detection is easy, how it is verifiable in Linux I have no idea. The phone can report to different kinds of drivers, including the COM port. EDL mode can be triggered by test points from the phone's motherboard, but sometimes also by button combinations. I don't know of a suitable button combination yet, but it is used from the off state of the phone when the phone is connected to a PC.
As for the tablet connection you mentioned, it was definitely an MTK CPU and it has different procedures to upload than Qualcomm. With us, you have to connect the phone first.

GiantMurloc

Jan 13, 2020
So I tried it on my windows and it also didn't show up in device manager. Anyway I will buy a phone repair kid and try to fix it in the EDL mode, thank you ^^