• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Won't update

Search This thread

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
Hey guys, bought a pixel 3 from swappa. Got a good deal because it was bootloader unlocked and the guy didn't know how easy it was to fix. Received it today. I had downloaded the June images a few days ago when I bought it. I fastboot -w it first. I then flashed factory images. Let it reboot. Back to fastboot, set to other slot and repeated factory images and-w. All went well. Back to fastboot and locked bootloader. Everything works including Google pay but when I try to update to July via ota or q beta it fails. Every time. What's up?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
Hey guys, bought a pixel 3 from swappa. Got a good deal because it was bootloader unlocked and the guy didn't know how easy it was to fix. Received it today. I had downloaded the June images a few days ago when I bought it. I fastboot -w it first. I then flashed factory images. Let it reboot. Back to fastboot, set to other slot and repeated factory images and-w. All went well. Back to fastboot and locked bootloader. Everything works including Google pay but when I try to update to July via ota or q beta it fails. Every time. What's up?

Seems to be sorted after unlocking and re flashing June factory. Downloaded and installed q no problem!

eldode

Jan 24, 2012
Seems to be sorted after unlocking and re flashing June factory. Downloaded and installed q no problem!

i have the same issue my phone would not update to july nor Q it gives me no valid operating system
could you please write me the followed steps to recover stock

thnaks

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
i have the same issue my phone would not update to july nor Q it gives me no valid operating system

could you please write me the followed steps to recover stock

thnaks
Is your bootloader unlocked? If not you need to try and adb an ota.

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
bootloader is locked

i need it to install ota automatically from system update

i gives me installation error

could you please help me
If bootloader is locked you need to download adb and latest ota images. Boot phone into bootloader, go to recovery, hold volume up and press power until menu appears, apply update from adb, open terminal, give the command to sideload ota, adb sideload file_name.zip. Let it do it's thing. Reboot