Work around(s) for enabling top speaker for ringtones / notifications?

Search This thread

PixelAid

Dec 21, 2018
I have tried it different ways to pull out the dual speakers sound but couldn't. It's inferior feeling why Google did this so.. i thought first the custom ringtone I set, converts in kind of polyphonic tone but it was single speaker that was making difference. Googlee bring an update to play ringtone n speaker phone in both dual speakers.... Or please release a reason.

WasabiSnooters

Dec 22, 2018
The Tasker mod works great, but I noticed when someone calls, there's no way to silence the call outside of hanging up. For example, to silence an incoming call without Tasker, you could use the squeeze function or volume buttons. Is there a workaround to mimick these actions using Tasker?

I set up a new profile to "shake left and right" that would run his stop ringtone task. Not the perfect solution but works 100% of the time when I tested it and changed the shake settings to my liking. Just set this up so haven't really had real world testing besides having my son call me and silence it a few times. Worried the motion of walking or something similar may silence it too often.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

The Tasker profile no active. Cant here anythig when someone is calling. Its working with Android P ?

Try going into his "Variable Value" profile and select "Play Ringtone" task. Within that select "Music Play" and then pick the directory your ringtone is in to use it. That's it. Enjoy ringtones the way they were meant to be.

libracez

Jul 11, 2011
I set up a new profile to "shake left and right" that would run his stop ringtone task. Not the perfect solution but works 100% of the time when I tested it and changed the shake settings to my liking. Just set this up so haven't really had real world testing besides having my son call me and silence it a few times. Worried the motion of walking or something similar may silence it too often.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Try going into his "Variable Value" profile and select "Play Ringtone" task. Within that select "Music Play" and then pick the directory your ringtone is in to use it. That's it. Enjoy ringtones the way they were meant to be.

man, can you please explain or give a link to explanation how proper to get this by tasker on pixel2xl with the latest december rooted stock
coz i havent used tasker before

ps_42

Nov 4, 2019
I use a Tasker profile to get around this issue. Basically, I monitor the status of calls, and when the phone is ringing, I play my ringtone as media. Then as soon as the call is answered or ignored (offhook or idle), the exit task stops the media. I just set my actual ringtone in settings to "none". Other than that, it behaves exactly like a ringtone should. My task also matches the media volume to the ringtone volume while ringing, then restores the previous media volume setting. That way, if your phone is on vibrate, it won't still ring out loud. I can do a detailed write up on how I did it if anyone needs it.

Do you think this tasker profile would work for a pixel 3?

SyedHassanArif

Oct 6, 2022
I have attached my prj.xml I have literally never shared a Tasker project so I hope this is sufficient! If you have any questions, let me know!
I have the same Bottom Speaker Ringtone Issue on my Google Pixel 3 Can Anyone's Help Me Out to setup Ringtone like you all did. I don't know how to use Tasker to setup Ringtone for Call. Through Screenshots step by step or a Video ? Thanks It will help me alot.

SyedHassanArif

Oct 6, 2022
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I just copied the profile into my Tasker/Profiles directory, and then imported it into Tasker by long pressing on Profiles-Import.
THX. Just added but when i want to Mute the ringtone by hold or tap buttons its not getting silent. Just need a new task to apply for mute ringtone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sounds like a great idea that I'd like to try. Can you please share that profile?

I have attached my prj.xml I have literally never shared a Tasker project so I hope this is sufficient! If you have any questions, let me know!
    Currently.. i am studying about sound mod on pixel 2 oreo 8.1.

My main objective is to fix the crackling issue.. btw.. i will look into this one too
    I use a Tasker profile to get around this issue. Basically, I monitor the status of calls, and when the phone is ringing, I play my ringtone as media. Then as soon as the call is answered or ignored (offhook or idle), the exit task stops the media. I just set my actual ringtone in settings to "none". Other than that, it behaves exactly like a ringtone should. My task also matches the media volume to the ringtone volume while ringing, then restores the previous media volume setting. That way, if your phone is on vibrate, it won't still ring out loud. I can do a detailed write up on how I did it if anyone needs it.

Would love to see this!

Alright, here it goes. I'm not sure how proficient you are with Tasker, but I'll try not to assume too much. The basic idea is that I needed a 'state' of 'phone ringing' which, of course, Tasker does not provide. So I made one by creating a variable (in this case %Call) that will either hold the value '1' for when the phone is ringing or hold an empty value when the call is answered and I'm talking (phone offhook), or when the call is ignored and there is no longer an incoming call (phone idle). I created two tasks to change the value of the variable %Call. One is Variable Set where I set the Variable %Call to '1', and the other is Variable Clear which I used to clear the variable %Call. Using these two tasks, I created three profiles: Phone Offhook, Phone Idle, and Phone Ringing. Phone Ringing uses the built in 'Phone Ringing' event to trigger the Variable Set task mentioned earlier. The profiles Phone Offhook and Phone Idle use the two built in 'Phone Offhook' and 'Phone Idle' events respectively that trigger the Variable Clear task mentioned earlier. This way, the variable is only set to one when the phone is ringing, effectively making a 'Phone Ringing' state rather than the built in phone ringing event.

Then I made a final profile that monitors the state of the variable using the built in Variable Value state condition with the following values %Call EQ 1. This means that this state is active when the variable call is equal to one. Then all you have to do is make two more tasks, one that plays the music file and one that stops the music file. In the play task, I first store the current media volume value in a variable called %MediaVolume using the action 'Variable Set' with the values (Name) %MediaVolume and (To) %VOLM where VOLM is a built in Tasker variable that always contains the current value of media volume. The next action in the play music file task is 'Media Volume' where I set it to the value 25 * (%VOLR / 7) where VOLR is a built in Tasker variable that always contains the current ring volume. I use this equation because the media volume has 25 different values it can be set to whereas ring volume only has 7. So this equation [roughly] sets the media volume equal to the ringtone volume at the given time. Then the final action of the task is 'Music Play' where you just specify the location of the music file you would like to use as a ringtone. And finally, in the stop music task, I use the 'Music Stop' action with its default values, then I use the 'Media Volume' action again in this task to set the media volume to the variable %MediaVolume which, at this point, contains the original media volume value before we set it equal to the volume of the ringtone. Then I just use the play task and the stop task as the enter and exit tasks on the State profile that I made earlier.

I know that's a lot of information. If I missed anything or something doesn't make sense, let me know!
    I as well as many other previous Nexus 6p owners have been noticing that ringtones / notifications only come out of the bottom speaker of the Pixel 2 XL. The irony of this is that any app besides the "Settings" app has all sound coming out of both speakers. Is there a program / workaround anyone knows of? I don't care if I have to root my phone; I want to use my dual front facing speakers!

Thanks,
    ~Mike
    I as well as many other previous Nexus 6p owners have been noticing that ringtones / notifications only come out of the bottom speaker of the Pixel 2 XL. The irony of this is that any app besides the "Settings" app has all sound coming out of both speakers. Is there a program / workaround anyone knows of? I don't care if I have to root my phone; I want to use my dual front facing speakers!

Thanks,
    ~Mike