[Workaround] Show only purchased apps in Google Play Store

Search This thread

mcimo88

May 5, 2011
The only easy(ish) way without downgrading Google Play back to Market is to log in to https://wallet.google.com and check your Transaction History. Hope this helps :)

Here is the file. Be sure to click on old market when you have it open, if you don't like it click on new market. Pretty straight forward. HOWEVER. It installed perfect for me but when I tried to get my apps up it would always time out. I think it is only because of my network though. So perhaps others should try it anyways.

The above posts both provide a workaround/partial solution. Here is my suggestion...

If you choose to try Old Market, when you launch it you can choose "old" or "new" market. It requires root permissions to work. After selecting which Market you would like, it will reboot the device and, once it is booted, the market you chose will be installed. Take note that I did in fact still see some free apps that weren't installed, but not all of them. Perhaps they were only the apps that were downloaded to this specific device/ROM.

That said, the "old" Market is indeed the very old V2 Market. I went back to "new" Market (V3), and it upgraded itself back to Google Play after a little while.

Unless you truly like the old interface of the Market, I'd recommend you go with CosmicDan's suggestion of logging in to Google Wallet and viewing your transaction history. This will give you a list of only the apps you have purchased. Unfortunately you can not install them to your device from there, but at least you can see only the apps you have purchased without seeing every app you have ever downloaded.

--- Original Post ---
Is there a way to view only one's purchased apps in the new Play Store? The new interface for the My Apps section does not seem to have a way to do this like it used to, instead showing seemingly every app one has ever downloaded, with purchased apps mixed in (in no logical order).

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
Is there a way to view only one's purchased apps in the new Play Store? The new interface for the My Apps section does not seem to have a way to do this like it used to, instead showing seemingly every app one has ever downloaded, with purchased apps mixed in (in no logical order).

Big time bump on this! They really do need to add a tab that shows purchased not just installed and history.

Reactions: Simba501

eagercrow

Mar 19, 2007
Just ran across this. Hope there is a fix in the works. Not being able to sort the apps is a major FAIL.

I let my son have my old droid and he went crazy downloading what looks like every free app offered....my mistake for not creating a junk gmail account. Now I have literally hundreds and hundreds of apps listed in my app section of the play store.

mcimo88

May 5, 2011
It appears that even the app management section of the Google Play website doesn't have this capability. On the positive side, the site looks great! -_-

VSwensson

May 3, 2010
Sweden
This is just wrong, when you've bought allot of apps and downloaded plenty of free apps.
There's got to be an easier way to see what you've bought and redownload!

Someone got a clue?

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
This is such a fkn annoying issue. BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other thing is there should be a tab to multi select app installs so you aren't directed to the install screen and forced to start from the beginning of the main screen after you go back. If that is not an option at least add the ability to install "ALL" paid apps.

Why in the hell would we not get the option to see purchased apps only but we get the option to see "ALL" downloaded apps paid or unpaid. That's just fkn ridiculous

P.S. To anyone that is going to tell me to roll back or move previous apk versions to system/app or even use an app to do it for you and blah blah blah. I have tried everything.

The closest I got was using the apk I will attach for everyone here. Be sure to unzip it and move the file to your phone and use a file explorer to install it.

Last edited:

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Here is the file. Be sure to click on old market when you have it open, if you don't like it click on new market. Pretty straight forward. HOWEVER. It installed perfect for me but when I tried to get my apps up it would always time out. I think it is only because of my network though. So perhaps others should try it anyways.

Attachments

• OldMarket_v1.1.6.7z
    3.4 MB · Views: 342

starplaya93

Sep 20, 2009

so I should be able to choose which market I want to use on the fly when I install this apk?

This has got to be one of google's biggest recent FAILS.

It's been like this for over a month now, and what seems like a very simple and basic fix hasn't even arrived yet. Do you all think they are even aware of this being an issue for us?

mcimo88

May 5, 2011
My suggestion...

so I should be able to choose which market I want to use on the fly when I install this apk?

This has got to be one of google's biggest recent FAILS.

It's been like this for over a month now, and what seems like a very simple and basic fix hasn't even arrived yet. Do you all think they are even aware of this being an issue for us?

Please see the updated OP for my suggestion, as well as the answer to your question.

Last edited:

crking1980

Aug 31, 2007
Think this will ever be resolved? this is beyond annoying. Do you think Google is even listening? Lol

mcimo88

May 5, 2011
Think this will ever be resolved? this is beyond annoying. Do you think Google is even listening? Lol

Not likely any time soon in my opinion. I'm quite positive that they knowingly made the decision to change (read remove) the list of only paid apps in the Play Store, in an effort to "improve" the app. Unfortunately.

.— Powered by Nexus —.

Last edited:

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Another Google Fail just like the crappy resolution contact pictures that they refuse to fix. Thanks google for making have to make duplicate phone contacts and link everything. Also thank you for getting rid of showing only the paid apps. :mad:

Custom40

Aug 5, 2010
Google has always been a piece of.. garbage, but as of late, they have just been, a piece of... junk..

phees

Oct 31, 2010
Well, I do not think Google forgot to have that view. From their point of view it absolutely makes sense:
If you forget about an app you bought some day, you might end up buying another one, providing the same functionality later. And that is where they get money from, not you re-installing an already bought app.

It does not go too well with the "don't be evil" motto, but this was clearly a deliberate choice by Google.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only easy(ish) way without downgrading Google Play back to Market is to log in to https://wallet.google.com and check your Transaction History. Hope this helps :)

The above posts both provide a workaround/partial solution. Here is my suggestion...

If you choose to try Old Market, when you launch it you can choose "old" or "new" market. It requires root permissions to work. After selecting which Market you would like, it will reboot the device and, once it is booted, the market you chose will be installed. Take note that I did in fact still see some free apps that weren't installed, but not all of them. Perhaps they were only the apps that were downloaded to this specific device/ROM.

That said, the "old" Market is indeed the very old V2 Market. I went back to "new" Market (V3), and it upgraded itself back to Google Play after a little while.

Unless you truly like the old interface of the Market, I'd recommend you go with CosmicDan's suggestion of logging in to Google Wallet and viewing your transaction history. This will give you a list of only the apps you have purchased. Unfortunately you can not install them to your device from there, but at least you can see only the apps you have purchased without seeing every app you have ever downloaded.

--- Original Post ---

The application doesn't work anymore, is there an alternative?

Just found this little utility in play store Purchased Apps. It will show all your app purhcases including IAP (In-App Purchase)

Big time bump on this! They really do need to add a tab that shows purchased not just installed and history.