Worked but suddenly: no stats have been collected yet

Search This thread

iounas

Oct 20, 2012
I'm on the S7 edge and the app worked without problem but suddenly once after restart all I get is "no stats have been collected yet", not just with bbs but gsam battery monitor.
The app also has superuser rights. What could be the issue?

cswithxda

Jan 24, 2012
all over
I also have this issue. On Pixel 7.1.2 May 2017, everything works, but on Nexus 6P 7.1.2 May 2017,it shows "no stats have been collected yet" on the alarm page. I'm on 2.2.2.0 (not beta I think), and I tried to clear data, but no effect.

Any work around?

3strands

Apr 8, 2015
I'm having the same problem. I'm on Pixel 8, non root, just using it via APIs. Worked until about a month ago.

moi123

Mar 5, 2007
Same problem.

My phone is being kept awake but BBS is unable to report the Alarm stats ("No stats have been collected yet"). Was using Magisk earlier and was informed this was the reason, so switched to phh's superuser and still the same.

Do I have to use supersu for this?

How do you still "hide" root for legit apps, but still ensure BBS is able to accurately report all necessary stats?

Using a Nexus 6p with CarbonROM and Electron kernel, tried latest Magisk 13.3 and phh superuser.

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
Anyone make any progress on this? I get this message on the summary and partial wakelocks pages. I've tried installing as system app and tried doing the root commands from the terminal. I'm considering using the Xposed module to get batter stats.

StewMaker

Jun 17, 2017
I installed the app today, and it was working fine. I reset for an unrelated reason, and it now says "no stats have been collected yet". I've only heard good things about this app, but it doesn't seem stable if it breaks after a reset? Reinstalling the app doesn't seem to help.

Last edited:

falcon589

Jun 17, 2015
I guess no love for us here. When the app works its awesome but it seems to throw this error more times than not.

kd-

Dec 13, 2009
I'm was having the "no stats have been collected yet" on the partial wakelocks page and managed to fix it today. I'm using a Pixel XL on Stock Oreo with Magisk beta and the ElementalX kernel.

Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced Android dev, not my fault if this breaks your device, try at your own risk.

Here's what worked for me to get stats back:
  1. Install the App Systemizer module from Magisk Manager (it's in downloads), don't reboot
  2. Install the attached ZIP as a Magisk module, don't reboot
  3. Systemize BetterBatteryStats with the App Systemizer companion app
  4. Reboot

The attached ZIP is a modified version of the Privileged Permission Whitelist module template. I added all the permissions BBS requested into the XML file - feel free to inspect the ZIP and modify it for yourself if you don't need/want to give Greenify or F-Droid system permissions.

Thanks to @yochananmarqos and @stangri for writing the modules that made this possible!

Attachments

• magisk-privapp-permissions-v1.1-bbs.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: yochananmarqos

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 7
I'm was having the "no stats have been collected yet" on the partial wakelocks page and managed to fix it today. I'm using a Pixel XL on Stock Oreo with Magisk beta and the ElementalX kernel.

Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced Android dev, not my fault if this breaks your device, try at your own risk.

1. Install the App Systemizer module from Magisk Manager (it's in downloads), don't reboot
  4. Reboot

The attached ZIP is a modified version of the Privileged Permission Whitelist module template. I added all the permissions BBS requested into the XML file - feel free to inspect the ZIP and modify it for yourself if you don't need/want to give Greenify or F-Droid system permissions.

Thanks to @yochananmarqos and @stangri for writing the modules that made this possible!

I updated my Privileged Permission Whitelist module to support the Play Store version and the XDA Edition.

Would you believe I didn't notice BetterBatteryStats was missing permissions? :silly: I thought it was no longer necessary as the How-to & FAQ in the main BBS thread states it does not require the system app anymore.

However, it turns out (at least on Oreo) it is still necessary. I noticed these two required permissions are not being granted:

android.permission.DUMP
android.permission.READ_LOGS

You can verify the permissions are granted (or not) by going to BBS Settings > Advanced > Install as system app.

I updated the module to support the Play Store version and the XDA Edition. Download in the OP.

@chamonix The above permissions will also need to be granted via adb for those running BBS on a non-rooted device.

Thanks to @kd- for figuring this out :good:

Reactions: kd-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this mean it's impossible to get BBS working on unrooted Oreo? I tried granting all these permissions via ADB and it still didn't work. Using a Sony XZ1 compact with locked bootloader.
    Try the beta version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

4. Reboot

4. Reboot

I updated my Privileged Permission Whitelist module to support the Play Store version and the XDA Edition.

Would you believe I didn't notice BetterBatteryStats was missing permissions? :silly: I thought it was no longer necessary as the How-to & FAQ in the main BBS thread states it does not require the system app anymore.

However, it turns out (at least on Oreo) it is still necessary. I noticed these two required permissions are not being granted:

android.permission.DUMP
    android.permission.READ_LOGS

You can verify the permissions are granted (or not) by going to BBS Settings > Advanced > Install as system app.

I updated the module to support the Play Store version and the XDA Edition. Download in the OP.

@chamonix The above permissions will also need to be granted via adb for those running BBS on a non-rooted device.

Thanks to @kd- for figuring this out :good:
    Thanks! That worked. Except when I tried to enable permissions via ADB, I got error messages for DUMP and DEVICE_POWER. I was trying to enable the four permissions you describe here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74331242&postcount=33206
    The beta doesn't request those permissions anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs