yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
Reactions: jrbmed08

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this mean it's impossible to get BBS working on unrooted Oreo? I tried granting all these permissions via ADB and it still didn't work. Using a Sony XZ1 compact with locked bootloader.
    Try the beta version.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
    I'm was having the "no stats have been collected yet" on the partial wakelocks page and managed to fix it today. I'm using a Pixel XL on Stock Oreo with Magisk beta and the ElementalX kernel.

Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced Android dev, not my fault if this breaks your device, try at your own risk.

Here's what worked for me to get stats back:
    1. Install the App Systemizer module from Magisk Manager (it's in downloads), don't reboot
    2. Install the attached ZIP as a Magisk module, don't reboot
    3. Systemize BetterBatteryStats with the App Systemizer companion app
    4. Reboot

The attached ZIP is a modified version of the Privileged Permission Whitelist module template. I added all the permissions BBS requested into the XML file - feel free to inspect the ZIP and modify it for yourself if you don't need/want to give Greenify or F-Droid system permissions.

Thanks to @yochananmarqos and @stangri for writing the modules that made this possible!
    I'm was having the "no stats have been collected yet" on the partial wakelocks page and managed to fix it today. I'm using a Pixel XL on Stock Oreo with Magisk beta and the ElementalX kernel.

Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced Android dev, not my fault if this breaks your device, try at your own risk.

Here's what worked for me to get stats back:
    1. Install the App Systemizer module from Magisk Manager (it's in downloads), don't reboot
    2. Install the attached ZIP as a Magisk module, don't reboot
    3. Systemize BetterBatteryStats with the App Systemizer companion app
    4. Reboot

The attached ZIP is a modified version of the Privileged Permission Whitelist module template. I added all the permissions BBS requested into the XML file - feel free to inspect the ZIP and modify it for yourself if you don't need/want to give Greenify or F-Droid system permissions.

Thanks to @yochananmarqos and @stangri for writing the modules that made this possible!

I updated my Privileged Permission Whitelist module to support the Play Store version and the XDA Edition.

Would you believe I didn't notice BetterBatteryStats was missing permissions? :silly: I thought it was no longer necessary as the How-to & FAQ in the main BBS thread states it does not require the system app anymore.

However, it turns out (at least on Oreo) it is still necessary. I noticed these two required permissions are not being granted:

android.permission.DUMP
    android.permission.READ_LOGS

You can verify the permissions are granted (or not) by going to BBS Settings > Advanced > Install as system app.

I updated the module to support the Play Store version and the XDA Edition. Download in the OP.

@chamonix The above permissions will also need to be granted via adb for those running BBS on a non-rooted device.

Thanks to @kd- for figuring this out :good:
    Thanks! That worked. Except when I tried to enable permissions via ADB, I got error messages for DUMP and DEVICE_POWER. I was trying to enable the four permissions you describe here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74331242&postcount=33206
    The beta doesn't request those permissions anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs