Working BP.TPK for Non-Samsung Phones

Search This thread

Brandon.rush1

Nov 17, 2008
Does anyone have a solution to get the blood pressure app working on an Active 2 with a non-samsung phones? I keep getting the Error -1 when trying to push it to a Pixel 5. I've gotten the ECG app to push, but not the blood pressure. Does anyone have a tpk that might work? Tried using the uninstall command to with no luck.

gauravinvouge

Mar 3, 2009
Does anyone have a solution to get the blood pressure app working on an Active 2 with a non-samsung phones? I keep getting the Error -1 when trying to push it to a Pixel 5. I've gotten the ECG app to push, but not the blood pressure. Does anyone have a tpk that might work? Tried using the uninstall command to with no luck.

Hi i got both working on my active watch 2, tizen 5.5.0.1 XAG CSC by following the step by step guide posted by xxstd
I first pushed ecg. tpk app and then following the same procedure was able to push bp.tpk .
I think u r not following the exact procedure the second time
Or if u be more specific as to what error are u getting

Brandon.rush1

Nov 17, 2008
Hi i got both working on my active watch 2, tizen 5.5.0.1 XAG CSC by following the step by step guide posted by xxstd
I first pushed ecg. tpk app and then following the same procedure was able to push bp.tpk .
I think u r not following the exact procedure the second time
Or if u be more specific as to what error are u getting

Thanks for the reply, I was finally able to get it working. whatever bp.tpk was not working. Not sure why, but all good now.

vivakalman

Apr 2, 2011
Hi, I managed to fix bp.tpk, so it seems to be working for case when you get -1 error, when try to uninstall it. The solution was to rename bundle everywhere (even in binary). So no need to uninstall anything. I think it will work for any case of problem. I cannot share link here (need 10 posts), so if somebody wants to share it - let me know, I will send and you will post it here.

franubis

Apr 17, 2019
I've followed the guide absolutely step by step and everything went absolutely fine with ECG but can't get BP to install, it shows "General Error [-1]" on the Tizen Device manager.
Any specific BP.tpk you guys used? I'm using an US watch 3 with the latest firmware.

scoobypt

May 31, 2016
Hi, I managed to fix bp.tpk, so it seems to be working for case when you get -1 error, when try to uninstall it. The solution was to rename bundle everywhere (even in binary). So no need to uninstall anything. I think it will work for any case of problem. I cannot share link here (need 10 posts), so if somebody wants to share it - let me know, I will send and you will post it here.
Hello, can you share the link in PM. I try to do the same and manage to install the app on the Watch by your method, after trying all other methods on this forum, but then when I open the app it says: system not ready. Try later. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

vivakalman

Apr 2, 2011
Hello, can you share the link in PM. I try to do the same and manage to install the app on the Watch by your method, after trying all other methods on this forum, but then when I open the app it says: system not ready. Try later. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

I have sent. You need to sign it with your cert. Let me know if you succeed / not

xXHenlolXx

May 15, 2014
Curitiba
To install the app, you only need to open the .tpk with winrar and edit tizen-manifest.xml, replacing every "com.samsung.health.samd.bp" with whatever you want. After, open Samsung Health application in your phone. The thing is, I can't calibrate it, because it bugs and asks me to re-connect my watch.

MasterlazorX

Feb 11, 2020

Mind if you DM me the link too? I'd appreciate it :)

jardelsf

Nov 20, 2010

Have you used some HEX editor to change all 'com.samsung.health.samd.bp' occurrences inside binaries files?
Modifying only manifest not work for me, it lost connection with watch during calibration process.
Could you send the modified tpk?

Last edited:

vivakalman

Apr 2, 2011
To install the app, you only need to open the .tpk with winrar and edit tizen-manifest.xml, replacing every "com.samsung.health.samd.bp" with whatever you want. After, open Samsung Health application in your phone. The thing is, I can't calibrate it, because it bugs and asks me to re-connect my watch.

To install maybe. But in this case - it will say that service is not ready, but I also replaced bundle name in the binary.. also renamed binary files... health-samd-bp-home -> health-samd-bb-home etc.. You also need to find those names inside of bin files (I used AstroGrep + notepad++). Anyways it works for me (xiaomi mi note 10 + samsung watch 3 (US ver) with latest OTA.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

It is working. I uninstalled SHM and reinstalled again and is working. The bad is that I just noticed that I have now high BP. Thank you all finally all is working on the watch.

:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Have you used some HEX editor to change all 'com.samsung.health.samd.bp' occurrences inside binaries files?
Modifying only manifest not work for me, it lost connection with watch during calibration process.
Bacuse its only char string and I replaced ony 1 chracter, I made it as simple as it coud be - I used AstroGrep + notepad++. I renamed binaries and replaced all occurrences with new name. Of course, I replaced the id in the xml as well

Last edited:

scoobypt

May 31, 2016
It was happening to me I had to uninstall SHM from the phone and installed again after that it started to work.
For reference I have a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and a Galaxy Watch 2 Tizen 5.5 CSC Portuguese

Last edited:

steliosk

Dec 6, 2005
Athens
It was happening to me I had to uninstall SHM from the phone and installed again after that it started to work.
For reference I have a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and a Galaxy Watch 2 Tizen 5.5 CSC Portuguese

Wicth SHM vertion are you using? Because I did the instalation of bp.tpk, it is installed but when I installed back SHM it says that can not connect with the watch.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Witch SHM version are you using? Because I did the installation of bp.tpk, it is installed but when I installed back SHM it says that can not connect with the watch.

franubis

Apr 17, 2019
Managed to install the app and it is recognized by the phone... but upon launching it, it asks me to grant it access to the sensors.
But I can only allow it to access storage, nothing about sensors.

What to do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks a lot for DMing me the file. I'll post your link here in the meantime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDvDCkruVFWE-h2Ysr4Hc_CXIhkop7dq/view

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I really want to thank you. The app installed just fine and it is working beautifully!
    All I had to do was signing the tpk file and then install through sdb.

You're awesome, man!
    :fingers-crossed:

Ok, so anybody who need: current working BP.tpk you can download here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDvDCkruVFWE-h2Ysr4Hc_CXIhkop7dq/view
    Upon new updates for BP app here is instruction how to fix it:

1) Unpack content of tpk(regular zip archive) to some folder.
    2) Go to this folder and find all files in which include bundle id: com.samsung.health.samd.bp... (I used AstroGrep to find all occurrences). Not only xml, but also binary files (bin folder)!
    3) Replace all occurrences you found with some different id by changing of 1 character(etc to com.samsung.health.samd.bb).
    4) Go bin folder and rename correspondently to your renaming name of the files.
    For example:
    health-samd-bp-home -> health-samd-bb-home,
    health-samd-bp-service->health-samd-bb-service,
    health-samd-bp-widget->health-samd-bb-widget
    5) Go to root folder again and find all occurrences of health-samd-bp... inside of all files. Replace it with health-samd-bb....
    6) Pack all modified files back
    7) Sign and install.
    It's clear now, yes, much better thank you lol...

So I ad a look at post 37 and I believe that BP is unmodified so you cannot install it since there is an existing hidden BP on the watch, thus you're required to install the modified BP, you can grab the modified BP that I have done which basically changing bp to sbp (I didn't like bb lol, I mean it stands for nothing and sbp stands for Samsung blood pressure)...

If you modified the BP and installed it and got an error, most likely the tpk is invalid as in you forgot to modify something else...

You can grab my modified BP, just sign it and install it:

It should work just fine...
    Thanks a lot for DMing me the file. I'll post your link here in the meantime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDvDCkruVFWE-h2Ysr4Hc_CXIhkop7dq/view

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I have sent to everyone who ask now. I cannot attach to post here (I need 3 more posts on this forum to do this). As for how I did it : I unpacked tpk, renamed files inside of bin folder by changing 1 character, and references to them inside of them (with grep and notepad++). And also in xml.

I really want to thank you. The app installed just fine and it is working beautifully!
    All I had to do was signing the tpk file and then install through sdb.

You're awesome, man!
    I have sent to everyone who ask now. I cannot attach to post here (I need 3 more posts on this forum to do this). As for how I did it : I unpacked tpk, renamed files inside of bin folder by changing 1 character, and references to them inside of them (with grep and notepad++). And also in xml.