Working BP.TPK for Non-Samsung Phones

Search This thread

abcd_struppi

Jun 1, 2010
What issues do you encounter?
I kept getting an error message when installing the signed BP.tpk.
In the meantime I have managed to activate the blood pressure measurement with one of the BP.tpk files found !!!
I just tried out the different versions that I found ...
So everything is as I wanted it to be !!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great work!
(I sent a small obolus via Paypal ...)

Reactions: Dante63
I kept getting an error message when installing the signed BP.tpk.
In the meantime I have managed to activate the blood pressure measurement with one of the BP.tpk files found !!!
I just tried out the different versions that I found ...
So everything is as I wanted it to be !!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great work!
(I sent a small obolus via Paypal ...)
Glad it worked, if you encounter any issues in the future let me know and thank you...

bjms69

Mar 1, 2021
Hallo,
viele Dank für eure Arbeit und Anleitungen!
Sofort hatte bei mir die Installation von EKG und BP funktioniert.
Eine Frage: Gibt es die ECG.tpk und BP.tpk auf deutsch?

Hallo, viele Dank für Ihre Arbeit und Ausgaben! Die Installation von EKG und BP hat bei mir sofort funktioniert. Eine Frage: Gibt es ECG.tpk und BP.tpk auf Deutsch?

paulsg63

Mar 17, 2006
:fingers-crossed:

Ok, so anybody who need: current working BP.tpk you can download here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDvDCkruVFWE-h2Ysr4Hc_CXIhkop7dq/view
Upon new updates for BP app here is instruction how to fix it:

1) Unpack content of tpk(regular zip archive) to some folder.
2) Go to this folder and find all files in which include bundle id: com.samsung.health.samd.bp... (I used AstroGrep to find all occurrences). Not only xml, but also binary files (bin folder)!
3) Replace all occurrences you found with some different id by changing of 1 character(etc to com.samsung.health.samd.bb).
4) Go bin folder and rename correspondently to your renaming name of the files.
For example:
health-samd-bp-home -> health-samd-bb-home,
health-samd-bp-service->health-samd-bb-service,
health-samd-bp-widget->health-samd-bb-widget
5) Go to root folder again and find all occurrences of health-samd-bp... inside of all files. Replace it with health-samd-bb....
6) Pack all modified files back
7) Sign and install.

Thanks!!
Finally worked on my SA2.. ECG was working.. and now BP! Calibrated and now working great.
OP7 T-mobile US and SA2.. Now I can keep my OP7..
THANKS!

Jboer

Feb 10, 2018
Thanks!!
Finally worked on my SA2.. ECG was working.. and now BP! Calibrated and now working great.
OP7 T-mobile US and SA2.. Now I can keep my OP7..
THANKS!

I am not sure if I understand exactly what I have to do. I have installed ECG on my Nokia 7 Plus smartphone and the ECG. Both are working fine However I could not install a BP apk. Every time I get a error that the installation failed. Now I want to install the BP.apk you have mentioned in your link, whicj I have downloaded. My question is now if I have to do the proceduresteps 1 to 7 with the signing or is that procedure to be used after there are updates from Samsung?

Thanks in advance

I am not sure if I understand exactly what I have to do. I have installed ECG on my Nokia 7 Plus smartphone and the ECG. Both are working fine However I could not install a BP apk. Every time I get a error that the installation failed. Now I want to install the BP.apk you have mentioned in your link, whicj I have downloaded. My question is now if I have to do the proceduresteps 1 to 7 with the signing or is that procedure to be used after there are updates from Samsung?

Thanks in advance
Use a modified bp.tpk (there is one in my thread, in this thread and other if you search XDA)...
Or modify the bp.tpk in here yourself by following the steps from 1 to 7...

Jboer

Feb 10, 2018
Use a modified bp.tpk (there is one in my thread, in this thread and other if you search XDA)...
Or modify the bp.tpk in here yourself by following the steps from 1 to 7...

I have downloaded the bp.tpk from your thread and placed in on my Nokia phone, but the file can not be installed. I assume I have to do something with that file, but I do not know what and how to do it. Can you give me a instruction how to make apk-file from it that I can install? Thank you for that.

Greetings

I have downloaded the bp.tpk from your thread and placed in on my Nokia phone, but the file can not be installed. I assume I have to do something with that file, but I do not know what and how to do it. Can you give me a instruction how to make apk-file from it that I can install? Thank you for that.

Greetings
Watch my step by step youtube tutorial (link in thread), if you get stuck at certain step, let me know and I'll help...

Jboer

Feb 10, 2018
Watch my step by step youtube tutorial (link in thread), if you get stuck at certain step, let me know and I'll help...

If I understand you well: if I follow the procedure you placed on Youtube I do not have to uninstall the Health Monitor en ECG? They work allright now. I suppose that the problem is that the BP.apk can not be installled is that the BP.apk file must be signed? So to solve the problem is that I only have to do the steps for the BP en not for the ECG?

What I do not understand is what the goal/scope is of the BP.tdk file that you and others have placed on XDA. I had assumed that the tpk file could be used to run BP on a non-Samsung phone .

I watched the extensive video on Youtube. It is a pity that not all images of the screenshots are equally clear. That makes it difficult to follow for people who do not speak English completely.

If I understand you well: if I follow the procedure you placed on Youtube I do not have to uninstall the Health Monitor en ECG? They work allright now. I suppose that the problem is that the BP.apk can not be installled is that the BP.apk file must be signed? So to solve the problem is that I only have to do the steps for the BP en not for the ECG?

What I do not understand is what the goal/scope is of the BP.tdk file that you and others have placed on XDA. I had assumed that the tpk file could be used to run BP on a non-Samsung phone .

I watched the extensive video on Youtube. It is a pity that not all images of the screenshots are equally clear. That makes it difficult to follow for people who do not speak English completely.
If you need a subtitle for the video, I can add it, just tell me which language...

To make it very clear...
Samsung health monitor on the watch have both ECG & BP but controlled, BP can be disabled or ECG can be disabled...
So you can't install the original BP or ECG...
You need a modified version so it can be installed...

A guide was put on how to create a modified BP, I followed the guide and created modified BP and shared it for those who wish to just sign and install, others shared the same as well...

Now what does modified mean...?
The package name is different so you can have the same application installed twice... meaning in the future, if Samsung decides to enable the widget for example BP, you'll see that you have 2 BP, one from Samsung Health Monitor and the other you installed, so you can finally uninstall the modified and use the original...

I hope that was clear...

Jboer

Feb 10, 2018
If you need a subtitle for the video, I can add it, just tell me which language...

To make it very clear...
Samsung health monitor on the watch have both ECG & BP but controlled, BP can be disabled or ECG can be disabled...
So you can't install the original BP or ECG...
You need a modified version so it can be installed...

A guide was put on how to create a modified BP, I followed the guide and created modified BP and shared it for those who wish to just sign and install, others shared the same as well...

Now what does modified mean...?
The package name is different so you can have the same application installed twice... meaning in the future, if Samsung decides to enable the widget for example BP, you'll see that you have 2 BP, one from Samsung Health Monitor and the other you installed, so you can finally uninstall the modified and use the original...

I hope that was clear...

Thanks in advance for your help and patiance. I am new and have never done these actions. Subtitles could help, indeed. The language is Dutch.

I have used your MinSDK24-SHM1.1.0.181.root.detection.country.restriction.removed.dante63.apk, Samsung.ECG.installer.apk and Samsung.BP.installer.apk. The SHM and ECG installed without problems, the BP could not be installed on the Watch3.

I understand - so I read in your reply - that the only thing to do is sign your modified BP, I'm expecting that that is the BP.TPK, and install it.
But how do I sign and do things so that I get a BP.apk which can be installed? Do I have to do all the alternative steps you have showed in the Youtube video, exept for the ECG and SHM?

The great news is that it is always possible to remove the modified version afterwards!!

Reactions: Dante63
Thanks in advance for your help and patiance. I am new and have never done these actions. Subtitles could help, indeed. The language is Dutch.

I have used your MinSDK24-SHM1.1.0.181.root.detection.country.restriction.removed.dante63.apk, Samsung.ECG.installer.apk and Samsung.BP.installer.apk. The SHM and ECG installed without problems, the BP could not be installed on the Watch3.

I understand - so I read in your reply - that the only thing to do is sign your modified BP, I'm expecting that that is the BP.TPK, and install it.
But how do I sign and do things so that I get a BP.apk which can be installed? Do I have to do all the alternative steps you have showed in the Youtube video, exept for the ECG and SHM?

The great news is that it is always possible to remove the modified version afterwards!!
I added Dutch subtitles (fingers crossed that Google translate is good)...

You'd grab the unsigned_SBP.tpk to be signed and install it either directly from the fit2installer by running the install after the sign script (not explained in the video) or placing it inside the apk and push it through your phone (explained in video)...

Reactions: Jboer

M Dawg

Apr 9, 2010
I have sent to everyone who ask now. I cannot attach to post here (I need 3 more posts on this forum to do this). As for how I did it : I unpacked tpk, renamed files inside of bin folder by changing 1 character, and references to them inside of them (with grep and notepad++). And also in xml.

Thanks a lot for DMing me the file. I'll post your link here in the meantime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDvDCkruVFWE-h2Ysr4Hc_CXIhkop7dq/view

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I really want to thank you. The app installed just fine and it is working beautifully!
All I had to do was signing the tpk file and then install through sdb.

You're awesome, man!

Thank you two SO much.
The ECG worked directly, and the BP worked after downloading this.

of course, huge thanks to the original poster.

This thing is kinda of crazy. I got my watch yesterday and now I have access to BP/ECG.

Woop Woop

Hi, Folks,

Running Tizen 5.5.0.2 on an Active 2 watch.

Having a problem (like so many others) with BP. Mine is a -12 error (Check certificate error) when installing. This is despite having signed it. "It" in this case being the modified BP.tpk downloaded via this thread. I have installed the ECG.tpk fine signing with the same certificate and it works.

Now, if I run the shell from within the Tizen Device Manager I can see in the apps folder (apps-rw) there that com.samsung.health.bp is installed. It does not show as being there in the Galaxy Wearable app however (though the ECG does). The .bb version is not there which sounds right since the install failed.

Is there a way to uninstall or otherwise remove the BP app currently in the watch, perhaps using the shell or some other method? I ran through the help menus in the shell and didn't see anything that suggested I could do it there. Or would that even help? Seems like the modified tpk should install next to it and then show up on the Galaxy Wearable app as installed.

Really appreciate all the work going on here. Thanks much for any help you can provide.

Hi, Folks,

Running Tizen 5.5.0.2 on an Active 2 watch.

Having a problem (like so many others) with BP. Mine is a -12 error (Check certificate error) when installing. This is despite having signed it. "It" in this case being the modified BP.tpk downloaded via this thread. I have installed the ECG.tpk fine signing with the same certificate and it works.

Now, if I run the shell from within the Tizen Device Manager I can see in the apps folder (apps-rw) there that com.samsung.health.bp is installed. It does not show as being there in the Galaxy Wearable app however (though the ECG does). The .bb version is not there which sounds right since the install failed.

Is there a way to uninstall or otherwise remove the BP app currently in the watch, perhaps using the shell or some other method? I ran through the help menus in the shell and didn't see anything that suggested I could do it there. Or would that even help? Seems like the modified tpk should install next to it and then show up on the Galaxy Wearable app as installed.

Really appreciate all the work going on here. Thanks much for any help you can provide.
Uninstalling a system app would work maybe through root or modifying the watch os and installing it with netodin...

What issues are you facing with the modified BP?

Uninstalling a system app would work maybe through root or modifying the watch os and installing it with netodin...

What issues are you facing with the modified BP?
Hi, and thanks for responding.

It simply will not install. Fails with a -12 error as I noted in my post. Getting into the watch using the Tizen shell as noted also verifies it is not installing. It also shows that the factory BP is already there. I'm using a non-Samsung phone so the factory BP apparently won't show up as being installed on the watch when you look via the Gear app on the phone.

Part of what I'm questioning is the -12 error during install -- it seems to indicate a bad cert but ecg.tpk installed fine on the same cert.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I really want to thank you. The app installed just fine and it is working beautifully!

You're awesome, man!
    :fingers-crossed:

Ok, so anybody who need: current working BP.tpk you can download here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDvDCkruVFWE-h2Ysr4Hc_CXIhkop7dq/view
    Upon new updates for BP app here is instruction how to fix it:

1) Unpack content of tpk(regular zip archive) to some folder.
    2) Go to this folder and find all files in which include bundle id: com.samsung.health.samd.bp... (I used AstroGrep to find all occurrences). Not only xml, but also binary files (bin folder)!
    3) Replace all occurrences you found with some different id by changing of 1 character(etc to com.samsung.health.samd.bb).
    4) Go bin folder and rename correspondently to your renaming name of the files.
    For example:
    health-samd-bp-home -> health-samd-bb-home,
    health-samd-bp-service->health-samd-bb-service,
    health-samd-bp-widget->health-samd-bb-widget
    5) Go to root folder again and find all occurrences of health-samd-bp... inside of all files. Replace it with health-samd-bb....
    6) Pack all modified files back
    7) Sign and install.
    It's clear now, yes, much better thank you lol...

So I ad a look at post 37 and I believe that BP is unmodified so you cannot install it since there is an existing hidden BP on the watch, thus you're required to install the modified BP, you can grab the modified BP that I have done which basically changing bp to sbp (I didn't like bb lol, I mean it stands for nothing and sbp stands for Samsung blood pressure)...

If you modified the BP and installed it and got an error, most likely the tpk is invalid as in you forgot to modify something else...

You can grab my modified BP, just sign it and install it:

It should work just fine...

I have sent to everyone who ask now. I cannot attach to post here (I need 3 more posts on this forum to do this). As for how I did it : I unpacked tpk, renamed files inside of bin folder by changing 1 character, and references to them inside of them (with grep and notepad++). And also in xml.

You're awesome, man!
    Hi, I managed to fix bp.tpk, so it seems to be working for case when you get -1 error, when try to uninstall it. The solution was to rename bundle everywhere (even in binary). So no need to uninstall anything. I think it will work for any case of problem. I cannot share link here (need 10 posts), so if somebody wants to share it - let me know, I will send and you will post it here.