• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Working CWM Recovery for LOCKED 183.46.15 + Deodex and more

Search This thread

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
This is a bootstrapped CWM recovery originally made for the LG G3. I am not the developer of this app. I've no idea why it works with our locked RAZR HDS, but it does. I've flashed a few mods perfectly with this.

1. Install the recovery installer apk. http://goo.gl/Vkwx9Y
  2. Once app is installed, open it and press install recovery and grant it superuser permissions. (Yes obviously you must be rooted)
  3. Press reboot to recovery, and wait a few seconds. Obviously, choose english for the language and flash away.

*Please don't be foolish and try to flash custom ROMs with this. Your boot loader is still locked. This is only meant for flashing mods to the stock ROM, and the state of this is experimental as it is without flashing custom roms. Be careful with this recovery. Again, it wasn't made for our phones. I would advise you to only use the factory reset/wipe options if you're bold. I imagine the G3 and RAZR HDs mount points are different. Do not hold me accountable for what you mess up.

Want a deodexed stock 183.46.15? Flash this --> http://goo.gl/DZjvCk *updated working*
Advanced power menu/battery mod (Deodexed, be sure to flash deodexing zip above first.) --> http://goo.gl/n0hyTm
Beats Audio, Xloud --> http://goo.gl/wl5rP1

^ALL of the above mods are to be flashed WITHOUT wiping data. Just dirty flash them. Also, after flashing, if you are given a prompt about fixing root access, always select NO.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
When i press reboot in to recovery it just restart my phone..
This is a bootstrap recovery. That means it doesn't replace the stock recovery on the phone. If it's setup and working correctly just a normal reboot should give you a prompt you boot cwm. (I haven't actually tried this but my reply is based off my experience with safestrap twrp in the past.)

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
This is a bootstrap recovery. That means it doesn't replace the stock recovery on the phone. If it's setup and working correctly just a normal reboot should give you a prompt you boot cwm. (I haven't actually tried this but my reply is based off my experience with safestrap twrp in the past.)

You're right... It's bootstrapped. You have to press reboot to recovery from the recovery installer app... I should've clarified that.

Guapo613

Feb 20, 2015
California
If I use this to flash the stock, deodexed 183.46.15, I'm assuming that I'll have to use Hydrogen Peroxide XT926 to root the firmware again?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Idk dude, it just says "Deodexed 183.46.15 stock"??. I might try it but I dont know if I want to go through the process of rooting again because I've had to use RSDlite before to flash the stock firmware so that Hydrogen Peroxide would work.
I've seen dozens of Deodexed stock roms, for a dozens of different devices. I have never seen one the was not pre-rooted, and rarely are they referred to as rooted because it's assumed that if they are installed with a custom recovery that they are pre-rooted.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Ok i've downloaded the deodex_install.zip, and looked at the updater-script (install script).
It deletes all the .odex files from /system/apps and framework and installs deodexed .apks.
Code:
rm -rf /system/app/*.odex
rm -rf /system/framework/*.odex
rm -rf /system/priv-app/*.odex
exit 0
SuperSU does not have a .odex file, and does not affect su binary which is in /system/xbin
also user data should not be affected.

Reactions: Luvz

Paul.ryan

Apr 25, 2012
I've read that this should work for the RAZR M. Recovery installer reports that recovery is installed however when I try to use it as described all that happens when I select "reboot recovery" is that the phone reboots normally.
I have checked in my SU app and the recovery installer app is getting SU permission. I have read the whole thread and only one other person has reported this behavior. Am I missing something?
My system details are as follows: System Version 183.46.15 RAZR M rooted with hydrogen peroxide. Titanium Backup and Exposed framework both working correctly.

WeRtys

Aug 5, 2009
I tried this on XT926.
CWM was installed (It reboots properly if I wait some time after phone was booted up, before pushing "reboot into Recovery".).
Wipe works.
I flashed deodex and some mods.
Phone works correctly :)
Thanks

Last edited:

hrrhacker

Feb 4, 2015
Why Its only restart my xt907 183.46.15 when i click boot into recovery option from recovery installer application

Last edited:

Paul.ryan

Apr 25, 2012
Why Its only restart my xt907 183.46.15 when i click boot into recovery option from recovery installer application
I got an answer to this problem in another thread. You may need to factory reset your phone. It worked for me when I had the same problem.
A word of caution though. I made a Titanium backup to internal SD card for easy restore of settings and apps and it was erased by the factory reset along with the apk for this recovery.
Fortunately my full Ti-backup on external SD was OK so I just had to do a selective restore.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I got an answer to this problem in another thread. You may need to factory reset your phone. It worked for me when I had the same problem.
A word of caution though. I made a Titanium backup to internal SD card for easy restore of settings and apps and it was erased by the factory reset along with the apk for this recovery.
Fortunately my full Ti-backup on external SD was OK so I just had to do a selective restore.
I think internal storage is only wiped if you use the settings>backup & reset>factory data reset option
if you wipe in android recovery internal storage should not be wiped
but if you used encryption, storage will be unreadable.

Paul.ryan

Apr 25, 2012
I used the wipe option from recovery. This is the first phone I've ever had that wasn't unlocked with a custom recovery so I have never used the settings factory reset.
This is only a temporary phone till I replace the dead screen on my unlocked RAZR M.

Caliburno

Jan 19, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi 3S
It does not work. No matter if wiped as factory or not...

I just erased my phoine and it didn't work. no command once, phone not supported (tr) in other... is not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a bootstrapped CWM recovery originally made for the LG G3. I am not the developer of this app. I've no idea why it works with our locked RAZR HDS, but it does. I've flashed a few mods perfectly with this.

1. Install the recovery installer apk. http://goo.gl/Vkwx9Y
    2. Once app is installed, open it and press install recovery and grant it superuser permissions. (Yes obviously you must be rooted)
    3. Press reboot to recovery, and wait a few seconds. Obviously, choose english for the language and flash away.

*Please don't be foolish and try to flash custom ROMs with this. Your boot loader is still locked. This is only meant for flashing mods to the stock ROM, and the state of this is experimental as it is without flashing custom roms. Be careful with this recovery. Again, it wasn't made for our phones. I would advise you to only use the factory reset/wipe options if you're bold. I imagine the G3 and RAZR HDs mount points are different. Do not hold me accountable for what you mess up.

Want a deodexed stock 183.46.15? Flash this --> http://goo.gl/DZjvCk *updated working*
    Advanced power menu/battery mod (Deodexed, be sure to flash deodexing zip above first.) --> http://goo.gl/n0hyTm
    Beats Audio, Xloud --> http://goo.gl/wl5rP1

^ALL of the above mods are to be flashed WITHOUT wiping data. Just dirty flash them. Also, after flashing, if you are given a prompt about fixing root access, always select NO.

Enjoy!
    When i press reboot in to recovery it just restart my phone..

You're right... It's bootstrapped. You have to press reboot to recovery from the recovery installer app... I should've clarified that.
    Ok i've downloaded the deodex_install.zip, and looked at the updater-script (install script).
    It deletes all the .odex files from /system/apps and framework and installs deodexed .apks.
    Code:
    rm -rf /system/app/*.odex
    rm -rf /system/framework/*.odex
    rm -rf /system/priv-app/*.odex
    exit 0
    SuperSU does not have a .odex file, and does not affect su binary which is in /system/xbin
    also user data should not be affected.
    What about safestrap that actually works, I mean I know there was a SafeStrap for the Droid Razr M and it was actually meant toward it. The thing is I can't find a working link to test it out
    the site that hosted hashcodes files, shutdown.
    Safestrap was released for ICS & Jellybean and it will not work on KitKat in its current state.

Hashcode stopped supporting Safestrap for the Razr M/HD when Dan Rosenberg released Motopocalypse (Pre KitKat). No need for Safestrap when we had unlocked bootloaders.

Sent from my XT1031

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk