Question Working Gcam for the A53

Search This thread

dussycole92

Jun 22, 2013
Norwalk
Just picked up this phone, so far I like it, seems a bit laggy, but I'm looking for a working Gcam version. I found a few but one is a Go version and the 2nd I can only get video working. Any help would be appreciated 💪🏻

poog

May 23, 2010
It's like 99% + a proper gcam will not work for this device. I don't own this device but have been looking if RAW is capable on this device at all with 3rd party apps. Apparently this is a NO. When RAW is not available at all, GCAM's core software does not work...which is HDR+ mode. It's really lame because the camera sensor , processor/processing and memory is more than adequate.

mdnssknght

Aug 19, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A53
Hey there people, a couple of weeks ago I've acquired an A53 because of it's camera capability, while researching I found out this phone doesn't have RAW format support, which is a shame acknowledging this phone can shoot up to 10 seconds of image! So I decided to get my hands dirty and mod the camera libraries and so a Google Camera for it. I might release the modules and the Google Camera by this Saturday. I'd be also doing a Q&A, and you're invited! (I'll be talking about my work over 64MP mode, spoiler alert, I've been able to expose the resolution size for 3rd party camera apps, but I decided I won't be release with the 64MP mode until I'm able to access 64MP mode without root.)

I'm eagerly waiting to show you all my W.I.P works and much more!

Attaching a video showing how GCam 8.4.300 behaves.

Attachments

• video_2022-08-18_18-48-53.mp4
    14.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OumpaLoompa

Aug 19, 2022
Interesting !
Sadly we have to Root the phone to use gcam :confused:
Thanks for your work, i'll follow tour project closely

OumpaLoompa

Aug 19, 2022
No worries, for those who can't root or don't want to root I'll be doing my best to get working 64MP for 3rd party camera without root!
I'm not particularly interested by 64MP mode as I'm not impressed by the differences from a quality perspective (using Samsung app) 🤔
But I'm interested by a working version of gcam cause I don't like Samsung camera app and also the photo processing (far better when I disable the HDR mode)

So if your version of gcam can be installed without unlocking bootloader I'm in !

But if I understand correctly that's not possible currently ? Am I right ?

Thanks for your work !

mdnssknght

Aug 19, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A53
I'm not particularly interested by 64MP mode as I'm not impressed by the differences from a quality perspective (using Samsung app) 🤔
But I'm interested by a working version of gcam cause I don't like Samsung camera app and also the photo processing (far better when I disable the HDR mode)

So if your version of gcam can be installed without unlocking bootloader I'm in !

But if I understand correctly that's not possible currently ? Am I right ?

Thanks for your work !
Yes, sadly you can't use gcam without root, I saw Samsung's api has a RAW picture format so I have been tried these past weeks using Samsung's API RAW picture format instead of Android's, unfortunately no progress was achieved so far :(

aximut

May 15, 2022
That's very cool. Really looking forward to trying this out on my phone with LineageOS GSI and Magisk. There, the difference in quality to the default cam will be mindblowing I assume.

zaibG

Oct 5, 2022
Hey there people, a couple of weeks ago I've acquired an A53 because of it's camera capability, while researching I found out this phone doesn't have RAW format support, which is a shame acknowledging this phone can shoot up to 10 seconds of image! So I decided to get my hands dirty and mod the camera libraries and so a Google Camera for it. I might release the modules and the Google Camera by this Saturday. I'd be also doing a Q&A, and you're invited! (I'll be talking about my work over 64MP mode, spoiler alert, I've been able to expose the resolution size for 3rd party camera apps, but I decided I won't be release with the 64MP mode until I'm able to access 64MP mode without root.)

Bro need gcam for samsung A33 😭

J4mann

Oct 11, 2022
Hey guys,

are there any updates on the Gcam software for A53? Would greatly appreciate it!

=NoXiouS=

Nov 14, 2010
noxious1.tumblr.com
Considering this device through local carrier because it's one of few with expandable memory. They're also suggesting Motorola Edge.. I've been out of the loop on tech side of things for years now, so I naturally came here to learn what I can about them. Is A53 5G a solid choice?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Interesting !
    Sadly we have to Root the phone to use gcam :confused:
    Thanks for your work, i'll follow tour project closely
    No worries, for those who can't root or don't want to root I'll be doing my best to get working 64MP for 3rd party camera without root!