• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Working GCam Mod?

Search This thread

Kino87

Oct 4, 2010
Is there any gcam working correctly on xiaomi.eu based on android 10?

With the older versions of the rom I used the gcam with included buffer fix and it worked nice, but on android 10 it crashes on start.
Newer versons requires buffer fix and when I try to flash it, both version 1.1 and 1.2, the camera stops to work completely, both with gcam and xiaomi camera.

Is there any gcam with included buffer fix or some patched libraries that work correctly with android 10 (and don't break the xiaomi camera)?

vetaclon

Oct 23, 2017
Is there any gcam working correctly on xiaomi.eu based on android 10?

With the older versions of the rom I used the gcam with included buffer fix and it worked nice, but on android 10 it crashes on start.
Newer versons requires buffer fix and when I try to flash it, both version 1.1 and 1.2, the camera stops to work completely, both with gcam and xiaomi camera.

Is there any gcam with included buffer fix or some patched libraries that work correctly with android 10 (and don't break the xiaomi camera)?

Try Hypercam E3 for Android Q by jairo_rossi and use my config mi9se-Crystal_E3. For me these are the best settings. I use revolution os Android 9 with bufferfix 1.2. Try it and let me know if it works with 10.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

If you use my Config please disable Ois...I forgot that eis doesn't work if Ois is enabled sorry.

Reactions: Kino87

Kino87

Oct 4, 2010
Try Hypercam E3 for Android Q by jairo_rossi and use my config mi9se-Crystal_E3. For me these are the best settings. I use revolution os Android 9 with bufferfix 1.2. Try it and let me know if it works with 10.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

If you use my Config please disable Ois...I forgot that eis doesn't work if Ois is enabled sorry.

Well..
I've tried to flash bufferfix 1.2 but TWRP can't extract the zip.
I manually extracted the lib from the zip, set permissions/owner/SE context and rebooted but the camera stopped to work completely. I guess the bufferfix just doesn't work with android 10.

As for hypercam S3: it barely works:
Photos are ok, videos don't get recorded/saved, night mode is laggy as hell (I guess buffer fix in app doesn't work on night mode) and there is no support at all for tele/wide angle camera.

the best version of BSG Gcam was the one having BUFFER FIX button inside the settings

Do you remember wich version it was? 7.0 with buffer fix just crashes, 7.2 requires buffer fix and I can't seem to find an option to activate it in app.

Anyway thank you both.

Kino87

Oct 4, 2010
6.2 by MGC works fine actually.
I've installed 6.2.030 V4 plus2 and everything seems ok.
It Just lacks support for wide angle lens.

Thank you

vetaclon

Oct 23, 2017
I don't know guys for me everything works even the tele and ultra wide and night sight. The only problem is that 60fps doesn't work and the video stutters for some reason. I speak about E3 Hypercam

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Well..
I've tried to flash bufferfix 1.2 but TWRP can't extract the zip.
I manually extracted the lib from the zip, set permissions/owner/SE context and rebooted but the camera stopped to work completely. I guess the bufferfix just doesn't work with android 10.

As for hypercam S3: it barely works:
Photos are ok, videos don't get recorded/saved, night mode is laggy as hell (I guess buffer fix in app doesn't work on night mode) and there is no support at all for tele/wide angle camera.

Do you remember wich version it was? 7.0 with buffer fix just crashes, 7.2 requires buffer fix and I can't seem to find an option to activate it in app.

Anyway thank you both.

Try flashing the bufferfix with magisk. But if you install magisk via twrp ota won't work...There is a method installing it via adb tools...If you are patient watch a tutorial.

Hijacks

Jul 21, 2008
Try flashing the bufferfix with magisk. But if you install magisk via twrp ota won't work...There is a method installing it via adb tools...If you are patient watch a tutorial.

What do you mean with ota won't work. Does crDroid has possibility of ota updates?

You wrote "...installing magisk via adb tools..." do you mean flash patched boot image with fastboot?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 SE mit Tapatalk

ripelag

Sep 19, 2013
Livorno
Last edited:

Kino87

Oct 4, 2010
trCamera, works fine on Android 9 and 10, all features. Install bufferfix first (exists for android 9 flash by Magisk and android 10 flash by twrp). (https://t.me/trCameraUpdates)
https://mega.nz/#!P1hUAQrD!pki8b0JWg7lrsFp0aWnApU-4sXrYez39KoCK6XiBQQM

Note:
After installing the app, hold down on the app icon, select "Make a video", click on the arrow at the top, settings button, advanced, Camera2API put full,
Please restart the app.

I'm giving it a shot and everything seems to work fine, so far so good.
I'll do some real world testing in the next days.

Thank you

vetaclon

Oct 23, 2017
Hello can we somehow auto adjust contrast brightness and saturation when we take photos? I noticed that when I lower contrast -60, brightness -20, saturation +10 I got iPhone like pictures. Please tell me if there's an option in gcam.
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone upload some photo samples of gcam night sight vs stock night mode on Mi 9 se?
    Here you go...
    Mi 9 SE Stock Camera Night Mode:
    MUSVtTs.jpg

GCam for Mi 9 SE: (BSG V4++ Night Sight):
    py3Ris6.jpg
    Developer (BSG) already working on mod, and there is bug in camera2api, the same, as was in mi8 camera. So developer now trying to get around this problem. On other side we trying to force xiaomi to fix bug via community. If you want better GoogleCam with all functions, please rate and comment here:
    https://c.mi.com/thread-2173479-1-1.html
    this version works fine
    https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_BF_V2.2.1.190822.1145.apk

disable awb
    go to "about > tick enable advanced > go to hdr > disable awbgains mod"
    Go to BSG mod settings-->Fix
    Sett buffer fix to On
    Image format JPEG (Need mi8)
    Add aux to camera switch On
    This is what I set
    how to use wide lens?
    You can do that by tapping the button for switching the rear and front camera module in the lower left corner of the screen, they added the wide angle to that button. The cycle goes like this: Main>Front>Wide>Back to Main.