Working GCam Port for Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos ONLY!!!

Search This thread

Barmenchik

• Jul 15, 2012
    North East of England
    Update from iDan (14.10.2018) - 5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_3.5
    3.5 Features:
    - added lock frame. This will lock the number if frames taken by Gcam and will not vary depending on light condition. So for exmple if HDR+ config is set to very high (24 burst) will take 24 burst photos in every condition
    -fixed OIS in video mode

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WclCzCnl6KhvtbFK8-fHb_Jq3ovNXSSj

Hani88

Aug 24, 2011
    Aleppo
    www.facebook.com
    3.5 Features:
    - added lock frame. This will lock the number if frames taken by Gcam and will not vary depending on light condition. So for exmple if HDR+ config is set to very high (24 burst) will take 24 burst photos in every condition
    -fixed OIS in video mode

Slow shutter speed is still not working in selfie .. low light selfies are still too noisy

Reactions: den4ikd

madphone

Apr 21, 2011
    Is there a way to activate makeup? Her+ is pretty hard on skins, so it's kind of mandatory.
    But I'm really impressed how much better the portrait mode is now in iDans latest version, especially in low light!

morfini

Jun 14, 2010
    Athens
    Flashlight still doesn't work as it should. When both hdr+ and flash kick in, gcam freezes. Also in portrait mode flash can' be used. On my s7+ you can use led flash in portrait mode. Is there anything I can do in settings;

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Also I just realised that flashlight when is turned on, kicks in and turns off before photo is taken, so the result is completely dark. It can't just be me. Can anyone please check; Otherwise gcam is much better than stock one. It just has to get more stable to be usable.

Segamalaga

Nov 29, 2012
    Flashlight still doesn't work as it should. When both hdr+ and flash kick in, gcam freezes. Also in portrait mode flash can' be used. On my s7+ you can use led flash in portrait mode. Is there anything I can do in settings;

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Also I just realised that flashlight when is turned on, kicks in and turns off before photo is taken, so the result is completely dark. It can't just be me. Can anyone please check; Otherwise gcam is much better than stock one. It just has to get more stable to be usable.

Flash disabled is mandatory because it doesn't work at all

Reactions: kptsalami

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
    Aug 26, 2008
    Flash disabled is mandatory because it doesn't work at all

So all that is useless as if you want to use a aosp rom we need a cam port with led flashlight working. Otherwise these roms are useless because of lack a good cam...

I used for now a pixel drimmed Samsung rom with Samsung cam that open the Google photos app instead of Samsung album.

I don't need most features that are ported...I need a cam which can also do a good shot at night if I want to use a Google pixel like rom..

I'm think about to change to pixel 3 as it can now charge wireless ..one of the things why I bought a Samsung s9

Iamismail

Oct 21, 2015
    Can anyone help me whenever i install latest gcam nexus edition on my galaxy s8 plus exynos model nothing comes up just black screen on viewfinder i can't get into settings or anything i have tried multiple version (3.5 &3.3 ) no one works please help me??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ey3u3a4u.jpg

Since the neighboring topic is confusing, open this section and share the working modes of Google Camera, ONLY FOR EXYNOS !!!

3.5 Features:
      -fixed OIS in video mode

Front camera RAW support for Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9
      https://www.change.org/p/samsung-front-camera-raw-support-for-samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-and-note-9

GCam_5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_3.5.apk - this is the last and latest version from IDan for non-root (without front hdr+)

GCam_5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_4.1.apk - this is the last and latest version from IDan for rooted (root or twrp required for put patched library)

GCam from iDan for Android 9 (ONE UI) NOT EXIST!!!!!
      Here is my version of Google camera for your device. I added the samsung specific settings live hdr, metering mode, also phase autofocus and optical stabilization. I've also make it work the aperture change so now u can select between 1.5 and 2.4 aperture. When i will some free time i will add also slow shutter options. For front camera it's really hard for me to fix it as long as i would need the device to test and to make more refinements. Later i will try to fix pixel 2017 too!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11nPdMkhiytoSOMznGHAGXFx4T6WbjkQM download it from the browser and not from the app to avoid install issues!
      Here is another one version so that pixel and nexus 6 HDR+ can work on your device, however when you deactivate the pixel 2017 toggle you should select nexus 6 model otherwise you won't see anything. It took a huge amount time to fix pixel and nexus 6!
      I added also the refocus option so there is no toggle between portrait and refocus and the toggle to enable the PDAF (phase detection autofocus for dual pixel): on portrait mode the detection could be more precise but don't expect to work on objects beacuse pixel has some extra API for collecting dual sensor data while Samsung doesn't. There are also auto-exposure settings like arnova's but on exynos don't work that good so i will add when i will have some free time the slow shutter options.
      Also stability is improved, at least on my phone (s8) but i don't know on s9.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QjVZnUvwZDJLcnM8NDygIvCsH_sXgYg2
      Changelog:
      - Fix of errors by reporting logcat from @Barmenchik
      - Test portrait mode

Needless to say, this does not go without logcat.
      I don't have your device.

S9_S9+_Exynos_test_0.1_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk
      Works on OP6, MI5..

Arnova GCam mod logcat. for Arnova8G2
      Added the GCam auto-restart on settings changed. Probably like this is more easy so you dont have to restart every time

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YkyIPJedHlPQC8mMrwGbq91ssnNrC-Fd