Working GCam Port for Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos ONLY!!!

Search This thread

snowski_dan

Nov 9, 2011
We need to read a few articles and watch a video of straight 1 Minute+ and the wait additional 10 Seconds to get the download started.

Most probably a Spam with slightly modified BSG_Arnova 6.1.apk. For me on S9+ Exynos, neither Portrait nor Night Sight work. Almost every single thing results into App Force Closing.
I
Yea I couldn't download from my phone and just used the computer. Needed the config files for it to work

dorian.m

Jan 29, 2015
We need to read a few articles and watch a video of straight 1 Minute+ and the wait additional 10 Seconds to get the download started.

Most probably a Spam with slightly modified BSG_Arnova 6.1.apk. For me on S9+ Exynos, neither Portrait nor Night Sight work. Almost every single thing results into App Force Closing.

Same here. Crashes, nothing works except normal photo.

nschopra

Jun 23, 2014
Narwana, Haryana
www.facebook.com
It turns out that Zcam works when we load the custom configuration file but the outcome isn't ay great. The Night Mode creates violet-colored images. Samsung's default Night Mode is way much better compared to this Gcam mode.

Portrait mode works but the results aren't any better than the Idan's 3.5 Gcam Mod so it's a kinda avoidable mod. Just my 2 cents, looking forward to hearing from the other users around here :)

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
Meaux
It turns out that Zcam works when we load the custom configuration file but the outcome isn't ay great. The Night Mode creates violet-colored images. Samsung's default Night Mode is way much better compared to this Gcam mode.

Portrait mode works but the results aren't any better than the Idan's 3.5 Gcam Mod so it's a kinda avoidable mod. Just my 2 cents, looking forward to hearing from the other users around here :)

Hi, did you just upload settings or do you used your's?

on my S20 ULTRA and my S9+ i have very good results similar or better than stock (EXYNOS of course....) but you have to change out the current settings to have better result

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
Meaux
Change to what? I mean how do we configure this to work well?

you should consider ZGCAM as a PRO mode because it does not automatically adapt to all situations.
I configured mine for night shots which is much better than the stock.

here are two examples , please let me know

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_232916.jpg
    IMG_20200315_232916.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
Meaux
It's Exynos but I don't get the chance to disable flash since the app crashes before I can see any UI.
BTW: I use microG instead of GApps and had no problems with the same settings and Oreo (LOS 16).

Maybe that you already have a version of gcam installed if yes it must be uninstalled, otherwise tries to empty the data of the application if not be it is because of the android version, I have android 10 one UI 2. 0

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Maybe that you already have a version of gcam installed if yes it must be uninstalled, otherwise tries to empty the data of the application if not be it is because of the android version, I have android 10 one UI 2. 0
Thanks for your help but that's exactly what I did. I tried it different times.

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Last edited:

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
divna.tech
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Probably you already discussed it here, but if you not, you can check the next files. I shared them on Reddit and now I see they were filtered as "spam".

• Google Camera PORT for Exynos (Works on One UI 2.0 and 2.1): LINK
  • Google Camera Configs files: LINK
  • Fix for the front camera for S9+ (ZIP file to flash through twrp): LINK

Tested and works on Galaxy S9+ with AlexisXDA ROM. Also, here are two examples from stock camera and google camera. Not much, but I don't keep the rest. Also, keep in mind that every config file is different and make different photos. I like the photos to have more contrast.

Stock on left and gcam on right.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ey3u3a4u.jpg

Since the neighboring topic is confusing, open this section and share the working modes of Google Camera, ONLY FOR EXYNOS !!!

Update from iDan (14.10.2018) - 5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_3.5
    3.5 Features:
    - added lock frame. This will lock the number if frames taken by Gcam and will not vary depending on light condition. So for exmple if HDR+ config is set to very high (24 burst) will take 24 burst photos in every condition
    -fixed OIS in video mode

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WclCzCnl6KhvtbFK8-fHb_Jq3ovNXSSj

Front camera RAW support for Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9
    https://www.change.org/p/samsung-front-camera-raw-support-for-samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-and-note-9

GCam_5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_3.5.apk - this is the last and latest version from IDan for non-root (without front hdr+)

GCam_5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_4.1.apk - this is the last and latest version from IDan for rooted (root or twrp required for put patched library)

GCam from iDan for Android 9 (ONE UI) NOT EXIST!!!!!
    Here is my version of Google camera for your device. I added the samsung specific settings live hdr, metering mode, also phase autofocus and optical stabilization. I've also make it work the aperture change so now u can select between 1.5 and 2.4 aperture. When i will some free time i will add also slow shutter options. For front camera it's really hard for me to fix it as long as i would need the device to test and to make more refinements. Later i will try to fix pixel 2017 too!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11nPdMkhiytoSOMznGHAGXFx4T6WbjkQM download it from the browser and not from the app to avoid install issues!
    Here is another one version so that pixel and nexus 6 HDR+ can work on your device, however when you deactivate the pixel 2017 toggle you should select nexus 6 model otherwise you won't see anything. It took a huge amount time to fix pixel and nexus 6!
    I added also the refocus option so there is no toggle between portrait and refocus and the toggle to enable the PDAF (phase detection autofocus for dual pixel): on portrait mode the detection could be more precise but don't expect to work on objects beacuse pixel has some extra API for collecting dual sensor data while Samsung doesn't. There are also auto-exposure settings like arnova's but on exynos don't work that good so i will add when i will have some free time the slow shutter options.
    Also stability is improved, at least on my phone (s8) but i don't know on s9.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QjVZnUvwZDJLcnM8NDygIvCsH_sXgYg2
    Changelog:
    - Fix of errors by reporting logcat from @Barmenchik
    - Test portrait mode

Needless to say, this does not go without logcat.
    I don't have your device.

S9_S9+_Exynos_test_0.1_GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2.apk
    Works on OP6, MI5..

Arnova GCam mod logcat. for Arnova8G2
    Added the GCam auto-restart on settings changed. Probably like this is more easy so you dont have to restart every time

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YkyIPJedHlPQC8mMrwGbq91ssnNrC-Fd
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone