Working GCam Port for Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos ONLY!!!

kokos80

May 27, 2010
Thanks, so just for clarification:
1. Install any gcam-port (apk)
2. Flash file you offered (zip)
Somehow I'm still not able to download the file (2.)

Will there be any disadvantages when flashing the zip file? Like other camera apps won't work anymore?
Does this mean root phone ?

jonajams

Aug 18, 2013
Good news guys! We finally have libs for the front camera again < 3

First, you need to install the apk file because the zip does not contain the camera apk. Then just flash it through the recovery. On some S9+ and N9 devices, you must probably change in settings Front Swap to ID 2 to get the front camera working.

ZGCAM_3.8.01149_BSG_Arnova_6.1

PS

Does anyone have issues with the last few versions of gcam port? It lags like hell for me.
This version seems to work fine on my s9, just a bit slow on taking the picture. Is this normal?

As i use a no-root phone, is there any way to use the front camera?

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
divna.tech
Got it, thanks.
Btw, in the older version you posted therw are configs file: where do i put them?
First, from the settings find Save Setting and save the current setting. Then the app will create a folder where you can put them. Should be in phone memory - gcam - configs. To load some config, just double-tap at the bottom of UI of the camera.

jonajams

Aug 18, 2013
First, from the settings find Save Setting and save the current setting. Then the app will create a folder where you can put them. Should be in phone memory - gcam - configs. To load some config, just double-tap at the bottom of UI of the camera.
thank you! sorry to ask, but what is the difference between these configs?

zhelev81

May 18, 2011
Varna

First, you need to install the apk file because the zip does not contain the camera apk. Then just flash it through the recovery. On some S9+ and N9 devices, you must probably change in settings Front Swap to ID 2 to get the front camera working.

PS

Does anyone have issues with the last few versions of gcam port? It lags like hell for me.
when i did that ,, even my default camera started to crash ... zcam also crashing ... how to revert ?

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
divna.tech
when i did that ,, even my default camera started to crash ... zcam also crashing ... how to revert ?
Sorry I forgot to answer, but I hope you fixed it already. I don't know why it messed up so bad for you. Usually dirty flash on whatever ROM you are using should be enough to fix the issue and to restore the stock libs for the camera.

junse.

Jan 24, 2021

PS

Hello friend, I'm a Chinese. I don't understand some of them. I use los17.1 9810. Do I just need to brush it in rec and install APK? Hope to get your help

gfavre

Feb 1, 2021
Any luck with LOS 18.1 on S9+ ?
I lost my backup of /vendor/lib/libexynoscamera3.so and now I can't use any camera at all.
Is there an easy way to find it back ?
Thank you very much.
EDIT : from the stock firmware I extracted vendor.img.lz4 then the two libexynoscamera3.so and put them back to my phone but the camera is still not working, any idea ?

Last edited:

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016

Well, unfortunately I ended up with no working camera as well.
So I suggest not to flash this ZIP at all. At least if you're using LOS.
Doing a dirty flash didn't help to get the camera back working.

My process:
1. Installed the apk ZGCAM_3.8.01149_BSG_Arnova_6.1
2. Flashed the file here ZGCAM_3.8.01149_BSG_Arnova_6.1
3. Reboot and tried to start the camera which results in FC
4. Tried other camera apps, none is working anymore

Any ideas how to fix the problem besides setting up the system from scratch?

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Any luck with LOS 18.1 on S9+ ?
I lost my backup of /vendor/lib/libexynoscamera3.so and now I can't use any camera at all.
Is there an easy way to find it back ?
Thank you very much.
EDIT : from the stock firmware I extracted vendor.img.lz4 then the two libexynoscamera3.so and put them back to my phone but the camera is still not working, any idea ?
Did you find a solution?
I'm stuck there as well.
So that would be really helpful.