Themes / Apps / Mods Working Gcam

Search This thread

linnil

• Mar 9, 2012
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    i made a few pictures with both apps. just my summary:
    1.xiaomi has better dynamic range, or in other words, brighter shadow.
    2.xiaomi's color is more accurate. gcam has a cold color tone to it.
    3.gcam is somewhat shaper without the weird sharpening effect.
    4.gcam removes fringing a lot better, on edge of big color shift of two objects (tree vs sky, black bottle vs white background), it has a clear boundary, xiaomi is more murky-looking.
    5.overall gcam exposure is a tad lower than xiaomi's.
    6.gcam only has 1x and 2x, no wide angle. for potrait, it has 1x and 1.3x, picture seems to have very bad exposure.
    7.all pictures were taken indoors, so i haven't compared the outdoor pictures.

i wouldn't switch.

eijnaix

Mar 25, 2013
    4.gcam removes fringing a lot better, on edge of big color shift of two objects (tree vs sky, black bottle vs white background), it has a clear boundary, xiaomi is more murky-looking.
    6.gcam only has 1x and 2x, no wide angle. for potrait, it has 1x and 1.3x, picture seems to have very bad exposure.

i wouldn't switch.

Always find mi cam exposure half a stop overexposure....even more so at highlighted area that hdr fail to control sometime. And their awb is always wrong under warmer lighting condition. But there are more Gcam mod to try out. But I do notice...some Gcam mod had that weird green tint to white color background.

Anyone came across a better Gcam port...do share 😅

Tones to pick from the link below.

PocoSteve

Aug 30, 2018

i wouldn't switch.

1. Better HDR ? That's strange. However if it's just that the shadows are underexposed with gcam, that's somethign you can fix in the settings. Gcam is tuned for the imx363, obviously it's going to need some tweaks to work well on the gn2.
    2. Make sure you have AWB on.
    5. Again, exposure can be tweaked. Right now BSG has one of the most versatile, easily tweakable mods.
    6. This you need to inform the devs about. Gcam is only acessing one sensor here, and digitally cropping 2x. But you can probably access both the 0.5 and 5x lenses as well. If the devs can make Sabre work on them this will lead to much better detail on both these lenses.

dhaern

• Feb 6, 2017
    EGS-zs8-1
    I tried it and didn't notice a lot of difference

You actually lose some camera functionality ?
    You are trying a GCAM posted 1 month ago and that version is a cstark version from january:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-cstark27/

Mi 11 Ultra was released not long time ago and GCAM development is poor. You need try newer GCAM versions to find a better one, not OP link from a clickbait website. Check always latest releases here:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    Pixel on the left and stock Xiaomi on the right, no settings altered

Attachments

• PXL_20210514_231309734.MP.jpg
      PXL_20210514_231309734.MP.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 207
    • IMG_20210515_071042.jpg
      IMG_20210515_071042.jpg
      6 MB · Views: 209

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    You are trying a GCAM posted 1 month ago and that version is a cstark version from january:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-cstark27/

Mi 11 Ultra was released not long time ago and GCAM development is poor. You need try newer GCAM versions to find a better one, not OP link from a clickbait website. Check always latest releases here:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
    I will retest when I have time and update you, thx for the info

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thanks a lot for these pics.
      I was looking for exactly this kind of comparison between mi11u stock vs gcam.
      I think in another post somewhere, you have shared the night shots too of the same scene.
      I have downloaded all the images.

Could you please also share 10x zoomed shots from Stock and the GCam mod?
      And if possible the UWA ones too?
      I've seen GCam works particularly well with the IMX586 sensor.

I was wondering whether to wait for the Pixel 6 Pro or go for the Mi11u now.
      If the zoom and UWA are also similarly improved by GCam, then I'd go for the mi11u!

Also please let me know which particular Urnyx05 mod you used.
      Thank you.
      I'll try zooming, but I can't manage to use UWA with the Urmyx05 mod.

This Gcam works great. I've been experimenting with a couple of other ones but this one is my favourite so far.

It's Night Mode still falls apart when compared to the stock cam but daylight shots are very comparable. It's similar to stock in terms of details, dynamic range, contrast, sharpness and the overall processing feel but I like the AWB the most and colors seem a little bit less saturated and more true to life on the Gcam imho.

I will continue testing and post some samples soon once the weather is better as I've only been testing it indoors most of the time.
      This Gcam works great. I've been experimenting with a couple of other ones but this one is my favourite so far.

It's Night Mode still falls apart when compared to the stock cam but daylight shots are very comparable. It's similar to stock in terms of details, dynamic range, contrast, sharpness and the overall processing feel but I like the AWB the most and colors seem a little bit less saturated and more true to life on the Gcam imho.

I will continue testing and post some samples soon once the weather is better as I've only been testing it indoors most of the time.
      forgot about wb
      Just tried it and Urnyx05 (from january) gives better pictures.

Stock
      Stock.jpg

Urnyx05
      Urnyx05.jpg

Greatness
      Greatness.jpg
      Be aware that next Wichaya version will work perfectly.
      Been using for weeks and it's great.
      I have tried PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2
      At day, the results of Gcam and stock cam are very close but stock cam is a bit better. Details and dynamic range are on par, but stock cam has better colour reproduction.
      At night, it is a different story. The pictures look very different. Gcam has better fine details reproduction, better colours, but stock cam has better dynamic range and is faster. I prefer the pictures with GCam but I can't say they are better, they are better in some ways and worse in other ways.
      Stock cam would be better at night if the sharpness algorithm was less agressive. It is the reason we loose some fine details I think. I am on MIUI 12.0.3, so maybe it will be improved with MIU 12.5.4.

I have not try to tweak awb in GCam, maybe it could improve colour reproduction.
      Just tried it and Urnyx05 (from january) gives better pictures.

Stock
      Stock.jpg

Urnyx05
      Urnyx05.jpg

Greatness
      Greatness.jpg
      I've just tested greatness port
      It's junk compared to the stock cam and previous ports
      I think he needs a new name 😂