• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Themes / Apps / Mods Working Gcam

Search This thread

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Do you think is better than official? Can Gcam extract the full potential of the cameras?
Better is very subjective, some people like washed out/ natural colours and some prefer more vibrant /artificially enhanced

You would probably need to try both and decide which you prefer

It's just an APK, you don't lose the normal Xiaomi camera when you install the Google one so you can take a few pictures of the same scenes and make up you're mind which is best

There are some bugs in the gcam 8.1 and it doesn't save Everything to my gallery but I haven't had time to test it yet

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
You are trying a GCAM posted 1 month ago and that version is a cstark version from january:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-cstark27/

Mi 11 Ultra was released not long time ago and GCAM development is poor. You need try newer GCAM versions to find a better one, not OP link from a clickbait website. Check always latest releases here:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

Which one should we use for mi 11 Ultra ?

Borh77

Apr 27, 2011
Paris
I have tried PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2
At day, the results of Gcam and stock cam are very close but stock cam is a bit better. Details and dynamic range are on par, but stock cam has better colour reproduction.
At night, it is a different story. The pictures look very different. Gcam has better fine details reproduction, better colours, but stock cam has better dynamic range and is faster. I prefer the pictures with GCam but I can't say they are better, they are better in some ways and worse in other ways.
Stock cam would be better at night if the sharpness algorithm was less agressive. It is the reason we loose some fine details I think. I am on MIUI 12.0.3, so maybe it will be improved with MIU 12.5.4.

I have not try to tweak awb in GCam, maybe it could improve colour reproduction.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You guys see this? https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-P-Z-D/f/dl0/

This version might contain work from Arnova8G2 and BSG.

GCam 8.2 with lots of settings, for more advanced users.

Configs are saved in the /ConfigsSettings8.2/ directory. Some configs come with the app, go to Settings > Config > "Restore Configs" if they're not available after installing.

• Built based on April007.
  • AUX support with separate configuration by modules.
  • Huge libpatcher, including fix saber artifacts.
  • Configurable additional mode for one selected module.
  • Config support / (resetting settings creates "wired" Configs).
  • Split Patcher, Color Fix, AWB, Noise Model, Black Level, Saber, Binning, and more.
  • Choice of model, viewfinder format, RAW format, fixed resolution, video session.
  • 24 noise models, 49 AWB models.
  • And much more

Looks like a new Russian GCam porting group has emerged. The amount of settings in this new port is insane. I don't know much about this, but hopefully someone more skilled will take the time to understand the different settings and perhaps post a XML config for our Mi 11 Ultra.

In the meantime, here's a XML file by me. Should be attached to this post. I only changed a few settings, the most important ones being the Auxiliary cameras, I guess. They didn't work 'out of the box'. I also changed the camera names to correct ones.
All Mi 11 Ultra sensors work in this port. Back main, front, periscope and ultra wide.

Screenshot_2021-05-16-03-16-27-356_com.google.android.GoogleCameraEng2.jpg

The 1x & 2x buttons above the shutter button is just digital zoom (not sure how to make them disappear haha:)) however the buttons on the left (0.5x, 1x, 5x) are the ones that actually allow to switch between the lenses.

This XML should ONLY be imported in the PZD GCam port. In other ports it will most likely not work.

To import the attached XML file just create a folder named "ConfigsSettings8.2" (has to have this exact name) on your device. Open the PZD GCam app. Next, tap the arrow that is in the upper part of the screen, open the settings menu in the PZD GCam port and find the "Config" option. Now just click import and find the XML file. And, done. :)

Of course don't expect amazing pictures, this is mostly for those who like to tinker and test this stuff. Have fun.

Attachments

• mi11ultra (1).xml
    87.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

dhaern

Feb 6, 2017
EGS-zs8-1
I've just tested greatness port
It's junk compared to the stock cam and previous ports
I think he needs a new name 😂
Weird because He included Mi 11 Ultra as Category 2 in his last version lol

Code:
The Officially Supported Device is divided into two categories:

Category 1: OnePlus 2020 Phones with Everything Working
Category 2: OnePlus 2019, Oneplus 2021, Oppo Find X2 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra with only one video related feature missing.

• Haha
Reactions: panda24z

Kollachi

Aug 24, 2013
Telegram
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
OnePlus 7T

Code:

Category 2: OnePlus 2019, Oneplus 2021, Oppo Find X2 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra with only one video related feature missing.
That means its fully supported except that video feature. I think a great config can probably do the rest.

Reactions: jericho246

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013

Code:

Install it and take a picture...
It's horrific on my phone!

Just tried it and Urnyx05 (from january) gives better pictures.

Stock
Stock.jpg

Urnyx05
Urnyx05.jpg

Greatness
Greatness.jpg

Thanks a lot for these pics.
I was looking for exactly this kind of comparison between mi11u stock vs gcam.
I think in another post somewhere, you have shared the night shots too of the same scene.
I have downloaded all the images.

Could you please also share 10x zoomed shots from Stock and the GCam mod?
And if possible the UWA ones too?
I've seen GCam works particularly well with the IMX586 sensor.

I was wondering whether to wait for the Pixel 6 Pro or go for the Mi11u now.
If the zoom and UWA are also similarly improved by GCam, then I'd go for the mi11u!

Also please let me know which particular Urnyx05 mod you used.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Borh77

Apr 27, 2011
Paris
Thanks a lot for these pics.
I was looking for exactly this kind of comparison between mi11u stock vs gcam.
I think in another post somewhere, you have shared the night shots too of the same scene.
I have downloaded all the images.

Could you please also share 10x zoomed shots from Stock and the GCam mod?
And if possible the UWA ones too?
I've seen GCam works particularly well with the IMX586 sensor.

I was wondering whether to wait for the Pixel 6 Pro or go for the Mi11u now.
If the zoom and UWA are also similarly improved by GCam, then I'd go for the mi11u!

Also please let me know which particular Urnyx05 mod you used.
Thank you.
I'll try zooming, but I can't manage to use UWA with the Urmyx05 mod.

Reactions: Nexus5xUser2

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Huawei P40 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

This Gcam works great. I've been experimenting with a couple of other ones but this one is my favourite so far.

It's Night Mode still falls apart when compared to the stock cam but daylight shots are very comparable. It's similar to stock in terms of details, dynamic range, contrast, sharpness and the overall processing feel but I like the AWB the most and colors seem a little bit less saturated and more true to life on the Gcam imho.

I will continue testing and post some samples soon once the weather is better as I've only been testing it indoors most of the time.

Reactions: Anatasia
This Gcam works great. I've been experimenting with a couple of other ones but this one is my favourite so far.

It's Night Mode still falls apart when compared to the stock cam but daylight shots are very comparable. It's similar to stock in terms of details, dynamic range, contrast, sharpness and the overall processing feel but I like the AWB the most and colors seem a little bit less saturated and more true to life on the Gcam imho.

I will continue testing and post some samples soon once the weather is better as I've only been testing it indoors most of the time.
forgot about wb

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-28_23-18-11.jpg
    photo_2021-05-28_23-18-11.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: Anatasia

Budscha

Jun 3, 2021

This doesn't work while on my device mi 11 ultra miui 12.5.3 Focus issues with uww and problems with video (freeze)

Top Liked Posts