Themes / Apps / Mods working gcam

Search This thread

Dave.a

May 22, 2010
ASUS ZenFone 8

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.4​

Thank you for another update. I compared stock app zoom with Gcam zoom and it seems the stock app produces better details 4x zoom shots. I tried 8 frames supersampling and zoom in photoshop from raw files and can retain much more details. Is super-res zoom from pixels implemented?
It is possible set maximum zoom level?
Thank you

Last edited:

FameMoon

Sep 1, 2021
Hi fellas..

Just got Zenfone 8 yesterday and I installed gcam v1.4. I enable RAW capture but it only capture 764x572 resolution.

How to fix the RAW capture resolution?
Thanks

MRDA1981

Apr 16, 2017
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Try these settings. Improved the picture detail considerably.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-101427872.png
    Screenshot_20210929-101427872.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot_20210929-101440675.png
    Screenshot_20210929-101440675.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot_20210929-101657847.png
    Screenshot_20210929-101657847.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 291

MRDA1981

Apr 16, 2017
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Reactions: morpheus302

batjon

Nov 1, 2010
ASUS ZenFone 8
Where do I place the XML onto my system? For general use I've found the mod works quite reasonably (without any extensive testing). Thanks

doktor29

Dec 21, 2010
Guys when taking 64mpx shoot on latest wichaya my system UI gets restart. Music stop playing. Is this normal or some gcam option need to be done ?

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hello, thanks for the share the details are amazing, sharpness is on point, but even with the XML you provided the photos are too much saturated. Do you know a way to figure it out ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.1​

Changelog:​

- Added new import custom library. Compatible with ram patcher
    - Added Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified translation (Thanks vincent9579, Sking)
    - Fixed aux detection on Zenfone 8 and Rog Phone 5
    - Changed default stream config for Zenfone 8 and Rog Phone 5 for fixed limited exposure
    - Added aux restart method
    - Added more parameters in ram patcher
    - Added camera.alternate_sensitivity for sun bug
    - Added camera.black_level

Download :

Thanks Celso for the host
    Asus with GCam, night mode:
    View attachment 5331241

I would say GCam is for now useless for night mode, better to use stock. Stock night mode is worse than actually using a Pixel, but, by doing automatic photo adjustments it ends up usable.
    This is due to exposure limit at 1/10 maximum from stream config. By default it was set to EIS V3
    To fix this you need to change stream to EIS V2 for both wide and ultra wide back camera.
    This allow to shoot much longer exposure for night mode and astrophotography up to 40 seconds
    For front camera, keep stream config set to EIS V3.
    I will set these stream config as default setting in the next version.

Edit: For 64mp mode. We have to wait Asus release an update to fix raw buffer resolution limitation. They recently fixed for Rog Phone 5. The new update didn't address this isue as of now

Wichaya
    I have created a folder with various photos from the Zenfone 8 taken on the stock camera and on the gcam.
    You're welcome to take a look and compare by yourself - all data and an easy way to differentiate the cameras is the "info" where gcam has PXL_ in name and stock has P_

Comments on album are welcome.

In my opinion the stock camera is generally better and produces more true to life outcome. It is a little bit to bright and the sharpness in details is a little to big. You can see that only by zooming in. This can be overcome by shooting 64MP which happens quick but the size is bigger.

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.2​

- Added XML config option (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added AWB OFF for fix corrupted WB when editing in RAW
    - Updated Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified translation (Thanks vincent9579, Sking)
    - Disabled sabre for front camera Rog 5 by default
    - Added camera.pixel_binning for enable or disable binning button
    - Optimized some codes

Download : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl2/

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3​

- Added new manual noise model option.
    - Added new motion resolution option.
    - Added anti banding option.
    - Added ZF8 AWB.
    - Updated Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified translation (Thanks vincent9579, Sking).
    - Fixed gallery not opening issue on Zenfone 6.
    - Fixed resolution issue on AUX in some devices.

Download : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl3/