Themes / Apps / Mods working gcam

Search This thread

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
Same for me.
Asus Zenfone 8, 8/256 GB, Europe-Model on LineageOS 18.1 - NoGapps.
All Witchaya Versions do not start, crash instantly after tryin to start them (even with xml-files)
Only Version running ist NGCam-8.2.300.v.1.6 but this one freezes after 3 seconds.

Any hints how to solve this issue? I'd really like to have GCam running on my Asus - thanks!

Lazerr

Jun 22, 2020
I don't have this phone yet, but I am interested in buying it to use it with GCam. Does the 64 MP mode in GCam also produce 64 MP DNGs? If so, could anybody share a few samples?

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
To those without gApps, nor microG, install this app that fakes PlayServices only to be able to run gCam.

Tried this one. Installing the basic version seemed to work but made no difference - Gcam app still crashes immediately after start.
What more, I can't find the app to uninstall it - wanted to try the "photo" version but it would not let me install this one. Guess because of the "basic" version that is still installed...
How do I get rid of the basic version when even in settings (-> apps -> show system apps )it does not show the app?

francescod

Jun 13, 2010
Italy
Tried this one. Installing the basic version seemed to work but made no difference - Gcam app still crashes immediately after start.
What more, I can't find the app to uninstall it - wanted to try the "photo" version but it would not let me install this one. Guess because of the "basic" version that is still installed...
How do I get rid of the basic version when even in settings (-> apps -> show system apps )it does not show the app?
I don't have a vanilla rom to try it right now, but, that installed app is under User app, surely not System. Try to find it with MiXplorer File manager.

Lazerr

Jun 22, 2020
Anything I can do to prevent weird color tints in the corners in HDR+Enhanced? Normal HDR+ has renders it uniformly as it should be. It seems like there is a lot of chroma noise in the individual takes, which influences the hue of the final image there. I think you provoke it by setting focus on something bright while having something darker in the corners. Also 64 MP has more issues since it is noisier.

Example of the bottom left corner of my shots is attached.

Left is HDR+Enhanced, right HDR+. The wall should be uniform in color, so HDR+ is correct there, but generally I prefer HDR+Enhanced. Just this issue makes it very unpredictable.

Attachments

• HDRE color tint.jpg
    HDRE color tint.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 58

Moncicci

Apr 15, 2012
hi, How come other versions crash and only wichaya works? When open other version after 2 second It blocks
Thanks

Moncicci

Apr 15, 2012
I have installed all the versions but if I switch to the front camera after a few seconds it remains fixed and does not allow me to shoot

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
The Android 12 fixed stream issue for GCam so it's no longer freeze. Custom rom must update to Android 12 vendor for camera stream to be working properly.
Samsung Snapdragon on Android 12 still freezing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.1​

Changelog:​

- Added new import custom library. Compatible with ram patcher
    - Added Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified translation (Thanks vincent9579, Sking)
    - Fixed aux detection on Zenfone 8 and Rog Phone 5
    - Changed default stream config for Zenfone 8 and Rog Phone 5 for fixed limited exposure
    - Added aux restart method
    - Added more parameters in ram patcher
    - Added camera.alternate_sensitivity for sun bug
    - Added camera.black_level

Download :

Thanks Celso for the host
    Asus with GCam, night mode:
    View attachment 5331241

I would say GCam is for now useless for night mode, better to use stock. Stock night mode is worse than actually using a Pixel, but, by doing automatic photo adjustments it ends up usable.
    This is due to exposure limit at 1/10 maximum from stream config. By default it was set to EIS V3
    To fix this you need to change stream to EIS V2 for both wide and ultra wide back camera.
    This allow to shoot much longer exposure for night mode and astrophotography up to 40 seconds
    For front camera, keep stream config set to EIS V3.
    I will set these stream config as default setting in the next version.

Edit: For 64mp mode. We have to wait Asus release an update to fix raw buffer resolution limitation. They recently fixed for Rog Phone 5. The new update didn't address this isue as of now

Wichaya
    I have created a folder with various photos from the Zenfone 8 taken on the stock camera and on the gcam.
    You're welcome to take a look and compare by yourself - all data and an easy way to differentiate the cameras is the "info" where gcam has PXL_ in name and stock has P_

Comments on album are welcome.

In my opinion the stock camera is generally better and produces more true to life outcome. It is a little bit to bright and the sharpness in details is a little to big. You can see that only by zooming in. This can be overcome by shooting 64MP which happens quick but the size is bigger.

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.2​

- Added XML config option (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added AWB OFF for fix corrupted WB when editing in RAW
    - Updated Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified translation (Thanks vincent9579, Sking)
    - Disabled sabre for front camera Rog 5 by default
    - Added camera.pixel_binning for enable or disable binning button
    - Optimized some codes

Download : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl2/

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3​

- Added new manual noise model option.
    - Added new motion resolution option.
    - Added anti banding option.
    - Added ZF8 AWB.
    - Updated Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified translation (Thanks vincent9579, Sking).
    - Fixed gallery not opening issue on Zenfone 6.
    - Fixed resolution issue on AUX in some devices.

Download : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl3/