[Working] Google Call Screening on Android 10 Beta [WIP] Google Visual Voicemail

Search This thread

z0mghii

Oct 9, 2011
For those that accidentally updated to ver 41+,

I uninstalled the upgrade, then I had to delete the call screen magisk module (delete not disable). Reboot. Re-install the call screen module. Reboot again. Call screen setting came back!

Reactions: COCODRILO45

TechKid93

Nov 24, 2019
I got call screen working , but the caller can't hear the assistant speaking .... I know this is a problem in most non pixel devices , BUT does anyone know how to solve the problem.

I am on Android 10, Redmi note 5 , and I changed shared_prefs flags to enable it.

Idk if you seen in comments it not but if you turn your audio volume up on your phone it increases the volume of the assistance but this has to be done each time for every call

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Well I updated to 10.0.1 and followed the instructions and I still don't have call screening settings.....

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Edit:
I updated to 10.0.1, installed magisk, xxx with removing oos dialer and added newest Google dialer, installed call screening and framework modules all in this order
Update
Root
Framework
Xxx with dialer
Call screening module
And rebooted in between each step
And nothing

Ugh

Did you install ArCore/playground patcher you need either that app or PIXELARITY I found that with the recent update of ArCore/Playground Patcher it didn't enable it but PIXELARITY did keep in mind you also need systemizer module to install it as system priv-app with terminal from play store that enables visual voicemail then from there install PIXELARITY once your phone says welcome to your new pixel or you receive an email saying welcome to your new pixel you should see Google call screen in your settings

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

What issue did xxx create. I uninstalled xxx and it still happens. Any suggestions?

Turn mobile data off and leave wifi on go through the demo and then from there you should be able to select a voice. Then once it's there turn your data back on this is the same for activating visual voicemail as well.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Thank you for the video! I've edited the flags and everything, still can't get it to work.

So I am on the official build now. Did everything correct but now when I try to move the google dialer using the systemize command it says "App Exists!" and doesn't actually make it a full system app. I tried to delete the folder that had the dialer data under root but nothing. Any suggestions?

10 stable, followed the steps but Google dialer just keeps stopping and won't open.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Got the app as default but no call screen option.

Install ArCore Playground Patcher Module this spoofs your phone and play store into thinking you have a pixel I found that the new version of this app no longer works but with PIXELARITY module it does just say no to everything and reboot unless you want it to change your bootanimation and font but it's not necessary the main thing is the welcome to your new pixel email or notification from there that enables call screening.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Thank you for the video! I've edited the flags and everything, still can't get it to work.

So I am on the official build now. Did everything correct but now when I try to move the google dialer using the systemize command it says "App Exists!" and doesn't actually make it a full system app. I tried to delete the folder that had the dialer data under root but nothing. Any suggestions?

same here

Install ArCore Playground Patcher Module this spoofs your phone and play store into thinking you have a pixel I found that the new version of this app no longer works but with PIXELARITY module it does just say no to everything and reboot unless you want it to change your bootanimation and font but it's not necessary the main thing is the welcome to your new pixel email or notification from there that enables call screening. Far as the visual voicemail it should activate when you make Google phone system priv-app with systemizer module

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

If you ever managed to solve problems , please update the post. Somehow , I did the exact same stuff before I saw your post and have exact same problems , low call screen volume , Voicemail can't activate

Call screen volume can be increased with phone volume the more your turn it up the louder the assistant idk y but for some reason in certain cases it's tired to your phone audio it has to be done for each call btw and voicemail will activate over WiFi so if it says activating but you never see it then turn your mobile data off and force close or exit the app to rekick it off over WiFi should fix the issue after that turn your data on and enjoy.

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

If you ever managed to solve problems , please update the post. Somehow , I did the exact same stuff before I saw your post and have exact same problems , low call screen volume , Voicemail can't activate

Voicemail activates over Wi-Fi only turn mobile data off close app reopen should activate instantly from there you can turn it back on after it activates call screening volume will turn up when you turn your phone audio up during you will see this has to be done every time for each call unless someone has discovered what causes this

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

What flags did you switch from false to true to enable call screen?

Turn phone audio up while assistant is talking then you can hear it turn mobile data off and leave wifi on only to activate visual voicemail I'm on t-mobile as well with the same exact phone model you have.

Regards

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Not sure if this matters but there is no flag for vvm carrier TMobile in the xml, though there is for transctiptions.

Doesn't matter I see most people are failing to realize that the call screening zip takes care of the flags for you so if you modifying flags after the flash of the zip you are defeating the purpose of flashing it to begin with.

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

All of that has been done and done again. It's not bothering me at all because I've been without it since I switched to the 7 Pro, but it would be nice to have.

PIXELARITY is the key spoofs the play store into thinking you have a pixel once you get the welcome to your new pixel phone email or notification and you see your phone name has changed to Pixel XL call screen should be there in your options.

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2019
I'm assuming i am doing something wrong, when i go to view the dialer phenotype flags, none of the flags that need to be changed are in there? I am currently on version 40.0.275948326
I have attempted a combination of a bunch of different things( having the google call screening module enabled/disabled)
I currently have the Google phone app systemized and i have the ARCore/Playground Patcher magisk module as well.

It is just because i dont have the Pix3lify module is the part im doing incorrectly?

I also attempted using Anxious v116 as well and still nothing...is it potentially my other Magisk module's i have installed?
App Systemizer
ARCore
Busybox
FDE.AI
Renovate
Viper
Substratum lite
Swift

Last edited:

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2019
Video is live. Hopefully this helps people on what needs to be done. Followed the steps a few posts back. But it is working though!

Tried what you did in your video, seems like no matter which version of the dialer I use( all prior to .41) I do not see the flags in the phenotype xml. At most, I've seen 3 different flags show up and none of them have anything to do with "speak".
Currently running 10.0.2 & twrp -74

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Lahaina
OnePlus 9 Pro
Call screen working as you said on Paranoid Android Ron. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

After messing with a few things in the .xml I updated from v40 to v41. I no longer have call screening but I now have the Google visual voicemail which was my original goal. Thank you for your time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Call Screening is working on the OOS Android 10 Open Beta 1 with the following instructions (ignore the first 3 steps if you're already on Android 10 open beta and rooted):

Requirements:
    • Android 10 Open Beta 1 (prior to OB1, there’s an issue with the caller not being able to hear the Assistant voice properly)
    • Root is necessary to make Google Phone a system app and to make the required mods to the XML file
    • Either the Pix3lify Magisk module or the Google Dialer Framework module (much lighter) to install the Google Phone app from the Play Store (might have to clear Play Store data/cache), or a patched Google Phone APK
    • App Systemizer and Busybox Magisk modules and Terminal Emulator
    • Preferences Manager Attached Google Call Screening Magisk module (all credit to thehappydinoa, I just updated it for the Call Screening flags on the latest Google Phone app)

Instructions:
    • install the beta
    • fastboot flash the patch root boot image from here (fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img)
    • install TWRP and re-install Magisk both from Magisk, reboot
    • install Busybox and App Systemizer in Magisk
    • install Google Phone app using one of the above methods, enable all permissions and set as default Phone app, disable OOS Phone app, Systemize using Terminal Emulator (type su, then systemize, then choose the Phone app and systemize it to /system/priv-app), reboot
    • in Preferences Manager, enable system apps, scroll down to Phone, go to dialer_phenotype_flags.xml, search for ‘screen’ and set all the call_screen and callscreen flags to true, and search for ‘speak’ and set all the speakeasy and speak_easy flags to true. Install Call Screening Magisk Module, reboot

It seems Google Visual Voicemail seems to work only on certain phones with certain carriers, but not on the GM1917 with T-Mobile. I’ve tried putting the GM1915 software on my GM1917 but still can’t get it to work. It seems to work with GM1915s that have been converted to international firmware and rooted when Google Phone is installed as a system app as above.
    Used to work before now doesn't fix this garbage

No, you.

Honestly though, what an ungrateful post. Feel free to fix this yourself, or move along. Your post hasn't added anything to the value here. The OP and folks in this thread that have figured out as much as they have, for a UNSUPPORTED APP/FUNCTION on this device are awesome.

Ridiculous.
    Maybe some good news,

OnePlus 7 Pro Openbeta 1
    Magisk Canary
    Magisk Call Screener
    Google Phone 38 Public beta

The voice does not cut off now, will test more when home.

Link to magisk module https://github.com/thehappydinoa/google-call-screening
    I've compiled a Magisk module that adds the Google Dialer Framework, installs Google Phone as a system app, and makes the necessary dialer_phenotype_flags.xml changes to enable Call Screening.

Unfortunately, I'm not good enough with Magisk to figure out how to get it to install properly in one go. So to use it, install the module, reboot, set Google Phone as the default Phone app, then re-install the module (twice because the first time will uninstall) and reboot again, and you should have Call Screening enabled. If anyone who is better with Magisk wants to compile it so that it works in one shot, that'd be great.
    I'm a T-Mobile customer (US) who bought their OnePlus 7 Pro (12GB/256GB) directly from OnePlus's website. As far as call screening goes, I can absolutely verify that you can set it up working flawlessly on the OnePlus 7 Pro. I don't even need the call screening module installed. The biggest key as to whether or not you can get it up and running seems to be the version of the Google dialer that you use. The process I used was:

-downloaded and installed Google Dialer Framework and Pix3lfy Magisk modules
    -downloaded compatible version of Google Phone app from APK Mirror
    -used App Systemizer to turn Google Phone app into a system priv app
    -disabled stock dialer, turned on all permissions for Google Phone app, and set Google Phone app as the default phone app
    -used the Preferences Manager app to change the following flags in the dialer phenotype file:
    -searched for all flags under call_screen or callscreen
    and turned all of them to TRUE
    -searched for all flags under speak_easy or speakeasy
    and changed them all to TRUE
    -went into Google Phone app and made sure Call Screening option under settings was turned on
    -optional: flash call screening module in Magisk in addition to all other steps

I HIGHLY recommend using the Preferences Manager app to edit the dialer's phenotype TRUE/FALSE values over manually editing them in a text editor. One major reason why is that you can backup the original phenotype file in case there's some issue. Also it's much quicker to edit the file in.

As far as VVM goes, I've never been able to get it working properly *sigh*. I'd rather have the VVM working properly over call screening any day.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone