• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Working hulu

Search This thread

droxid

Dec 20, 2010
Sweet. Thanks man. Looks pretty good...watching a movie right now :p

Now its time for Netflix :p

droxid

Dec 20, 2010
Hmm...it was working fine before I rebotted. Now hulu telling me that my flash player is outdated. :(

csm_tc

Feb 5, 2010
Got the same flash needs to be updated error. Would love to have hulu running on this bad boy!

droxid

Dec 20, 2010
I think I know what happened. I uninstalled the latest flash version...installed this one...and just hit up netflix. It was probably getting the latest version number...but the files belonged to the old player.

Gonna try to recreate it.

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
I will look for a way to fake version number.

Edit: I never installed flash from the market and its still working after reboot. Must be something left over from original version that updates the version number.

Last edited:
Reactions: badfinger

touchpro247

Apr 8, 2009
Working fine. I just uninstalled flash then installed the click.apk. I did not reboot.

Note: I already had my striang set to desktop before uninstalling.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

twistedfish

Nov 25, 2007
This is awesome!!! Hulu working!!! I wonder how long this will work...hopefully it will not get "fixed" on Hulu's end.

Thanks for the info!

jvanbrecht

Apr 18, 2005
I removed the original working flash, and used the version in the first post, I get the wrong version of flash error (hulu worked for me with the marketplace flash.. just laggy)

msm903

Jul 28, 2007
my about:debug doesn't work for me :(
when i try to use Dolphin Browser it tells me not for my device even though I changed the user agent to desktop

shep211

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2007
Layton, Ut
It works perefect for me even after reboot. I never installed market version of flash. I am going to have working hulu in my rom and hope that will fix it for u guys that get errors.

skrowl

Aug 26, 2009
USA
www.denialofservice.org
Very new 10.1 owner here. I haven't installed ANYTHING from market as I just got my tablet about an hour ago. Installed apk from first post, did about:debug + settings + desktop ua, rebooted my tablet, and it's as if I don't even have flash. Even adobe's flash test pages tell me I don't have flash installed.

Last edited:

dsh897

Dec 19, 2007
It works perefect for me even after reboot. I never installed market version of flash. I am going to have working hulu in my rom and hope that will fix it for u guys that get errors.

when are you planning this release and what will be addressed first in this rom?

keyboard lag?
reboot options? i.e recovery, reboot, poweroff, bootloader options?
flash 4 nv

just curious and excited thx

brewski30

Jan 4, 2008
After you type about:debug in browser and hit enter you select settings in the top right and will notice the debug setting there.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

Diversion

Mar 2, 2010
Too bad anything flash I run on my SGT10.1 runs at like 5 fps.. pretty unwatchable for me.. anybody else having better luck? My HTC cellphone runs Flash wayyyy better than the SGT10.1 does so far :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1: uninstall flash if installed
    2: install BRDizzled version for Flash 10.3.185.22 optimized for tegra hardware acceleration
    3: Open browser and type about:debug in the browser and hit enter
    4: Open settings and go to debug option
    5: change ua striang to desktop
    6: you need to restart or task kill browser
    7: Enjoy Hulu :)

I think this is better solution than the previous one I posted.

Attached is the modified "libflashplayer.so", in which I modified the "AND" (keyword for android) to "WIN".
    This libflashplayer.so is based on the latest Adobe Flash from Market as of 6/26/2011.

Steps
    ---------
    1) Uninstall the flash from the G tab
    2) Install the latest flash from Market.

3) adb shell
    4) su
    5) cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib
    6) mv libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

Now unzip the attached file on your PC, after unzipping you will see file "libflashplayer.so".
    Move the file to your /sdcard and then using "Root explorer" just copy this file from "/sdcard" to "/data/data/com.adobe.flsahplayer/lib/"
    Then change the permission of this file to "755" (rwxr-xr-x).
    Now just restart your G Tab and now Hulu should work without any issue (You should have dolphin or any other browser settings for plugins etc).
    Finally figured out, how to get Hulu working on 16Gb retail unlocked and unrooted.

Here are the instructions for everyone else:
    Browser Setup:
    ----------------
    1: Open browser and type about:debug in the browser and hit enter
    2: Open settings and go to debug option
    3: change ua striang to desktop

Flash Setup:
    -------------
    1: uninstall flash if installed
    2. Install Flash from market.
    3. Search google and play a flash video for few seconds.
    4. Uninstall Flash (this is the one from Market)
    **Most important Don't kill the browser, just press the "Home" button.

5. Install BRDizzled version for Flash 10.3.185.22 optimized for tegra hardware acceleration
    6: Open browser again and check if you are able to play the same video again(which you watched in Step3 above).
    7: Most probably it's yes for Step6, now go to Hulu and enjoy.

*** I think if you kill the browser or restart the Tab then you have to do these steps again as this is not a permanent fix.(But something is better than nothing :) )
    worked

I did what you said and sure enough it worked. I managed to repack it into an flash11.apk file that will install on most devices.. For some reason it will not install directly onto my incredible. But it did on my galaxytab. I included both files in case one doesn't work for you.

You can try and use the f111_work.zip Download it extract it to somewhere and copy the apk file to your device then just install it as normal. Make sure you uninstall the current version, reboot, then install f111_work.apk then reboot again. If that doesnt work for you then See directions below.

I used root explorer..

Uninstall modded flash player.

Downloaded and installed latest flash player from android market.

dropped the extracted libflashplayer.so into /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/ with the modded version.

Rebooted for posterity loaded up skyfire, checked and works with dolphin. I seem to be getting better playback with dolphin.
    did the about:debug and checked my setting to see if they were still set to desktop.

With Dolphin you can just go into settings and change it manually. IMHO Dolphin is a much better web browser.

I can use all the thanks I can get,

But I thank God, my Mother and of Course XDAdevelopers.

I heard renaming "hosts" in /system/etc, and rename it to "hosts.bak" Will fix some devices and let them persist after reboot. If you have any problems with the libflashplayer.so

I'm pretty sure you h ave to have a rooted device to install my modified APK.

HEH if you are here and have yet to root your device you should get on it. Lots and lots o faqs on how to root just about any device here and XDA.

1 libflashplayer.so for com.adobe.flashplayer-11.0.1.152

2 Repacked com.adobe.flashplayer-110001152-11.0.1.152 with bit change to run hulu. This seems to only work if flashplayer Has Not yet Been installed on Devices. If this does not work use file #1.

Well thanks for letting me know I accidentally uploaded the apk I was working on rather than the repacked file. I uploaded the CORRECT APK file. Thank you for letting me know. What a NOOB mistake of me.
    I think this is better solution than the previous one I posted.

Attached is the modified "libflashplayer.so", in which I modified the "AND" (keyword for android) to "WIN".
    This libflashplayer.so is based on the latest Adobe Flash from Market as of 6/26/2011.

Steps
    ---------
    1) Uninstall the flash from the G tab
    2) Install the latest flash from Market.

3) adb shell
    4) su
    5) cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib
    6) mv libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

Now unzip the attached file on your PC, after unzipping you will see file "libflashplayer.so".
    Move the file to your /sdcard and then using "Root explorer" just copy this file from "/sdcard" to "/data/data/com.adobe.flsahplayer/lib/"
    Then change the permission of this file to "755" (rwxr-xr-x).
    Now just restart your G Tab and now Hulu should work without any issue (You should have dolphin or any other browser settings for plugins etc).

Here's a slight variation on the the above that worked for me....

Re-name the unzipped <libflashplayer.so> to <libflashplayer.so.new>
    Copy file to GTab 10.1.

Use Root Explorer and Move (or Copy) <libflashplayer.so.new> to the adobe lib folder described.
    Re-name <libflashplayer.so> to <libflashplayer.so.bak>
    Re-name <libflashplayer.so.new> to <libflashplayer.so>

Duplicate "Permissions" (long press on file name) from original file.....

Read.......(ALL checked)
    Write.......(Only "OWNER" checked)
    Execute...(ALL checked)
    Special....(NONE checked)

Reboot device.

With Doplhin Browser, Setup Wizard gets you (eventually) to User Agent.
    With Default Browser you need to be in USB debugging Mode for "about:debug" to enable UAString settings change.