How To Guide working method to enable Volte and Vowifi using PDC (no root)

Search This thread

Obeid Allah

• Aug 19, 2017
    I noticed that after changing the profile and activating volte, the battery drains very quickly. Now I can get 4 to 5h SOT. Before I had 7-8h.
    Has anyone else noticed a similar problem?
    Changing profile also changes the LTE Carrier aggregation combinations and supported bands you need to check the carrier policy file , this the only way that can affect your battery

rmendez011

I have tried this on my 9 Pro on Verizon and it doesn't work. By default, the 9 Pro supports VoLTE on Verizon out of the box, and in PDC it shows that CDMA-Less is enabled by default which in turn enabled VoLTE by default. When I enabled "VoLTE PTCRB" in sub0 and moved "CDMA-Less" to sub1, upon rebooting I had no service and my sim wasn't recognized, after a few minutes 3G and 1x appeared in the status bar. So I went back to PDC and switched both CDMA-Less to sub0 and VoLTE PTCRB to sub1, now I have signal now, but Wi-Fi calling doesn't work at all. Cool experiment though.

Obeid Allah

• Aug 19, 2017
    I have tried this on my 9 Pro on Verizon and it doesn't work. By default, the 9 Pro supports VoLTE on Verizon out of the box, and in PDC it shows that CDMA-Less is enabled by default which in turn enabled VoLTE by default. When I enabled "VoLTE PTCRB" in sub0 and moved "CDMA-Less" to sub1, upon rebooting I had no service and my sim wasn't recognized, after a few minutes 3G and 1x appeared in the status bar. So I went back to PDC and switched both CDMA-Less to sub0 and VoLTE PTCRB to sub1, now I have signal now, but Wi-Fi calling doesn't work at all. Cool experiment though.
    maybe the carriers combination supported by PTCR8 profile doesn't exist in verizon network you can change the carrier configuration in the carrier policy file through the diag port using efs explorer in the qpst , not all profiles support vowifi and volte try another profile

haymanali2006

May 21, 2014
    After deactivating sub1 with PDC, connection failed and cant connect to phone.
    I enabled volte with root before with adb su command. Now i want to get volte without root. Any help?

oneplus 8t kb2000 Eu rom installed.

Edit >> fixed problem via opening efs tool before PDC tool.
    oneplus pdc fail.jpg

Last edited:

s0meb0dy

Apr 12, 2010
    There is a list of carriers in PDC (step 12) and mine is not on it. Does it mean I cannot have VoLTE and VoWiFi?

Last edited:

Tekn010933

Jun 7, 2011
    SSW
    www.ama-tecnology.com
    After deactivating sub1 with PDC, connection failed and cant connect to phone.
    I enabled volte with root before with adb su command. Now i want to get volte without root. Any help?

oneplus 8t kb2000 Eu rom installed.

Edit >> fixed problem via opening efs tool before PDC tool.
    View attachment 5324323
    Haven't been here in a while, where could I get this PDC Tool, have a url or mirror?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Every single update I have to change profile in PDC to enable VoLTE. Is it possible to change the profile permanently so as not to do it with every update?
      i will try a method next update if it work i will post it here if not we need to repeat the same process after every update
      1. install Logkit v1.0.apk, and Engineering Mode v1.01.0.171117173719.apk
      2. Open Phone and type *#800# select Engineering Mode
      3. Oneplus Logkit ---> Function Switch ---> enable VoLTE, VoWifi и VT
      4. Reboot
      5. Open settings and enable VOLTE and voWi-fi
      6. Open Phone and type *#801# select Engineering Mode
      7. Switch to full port switch
      8. Open settings and enable debugging by usb mode
      9. adb reboot ftm
      10. adb shell
      11. setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
      12. Open PDC and select profile ( sub0 and sub1 then click activate for VoLTE PTCRB for example)
      13. Close PDC
      14. adb reboot
      Thanks that worked perfectly. Do you know how to enable 5G? it doesn't show up in setting as an option
      *#*#4636#*#* then Phone Information -> Set preferred network type. Choose :

NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA

Or

NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA

try this first
      Every single update I have to change profile in PDC to enable VoLTE. Is it possible to change the profile permanently so as not to do it with every update?
      i will try a method next update if it work i will post it here if not we need to repeat the same process after every update