[Working] Removing Encryption In Twrp Recovery

Search This thread

redweaver

Nov 25, 2017
Lagos
I have reformatted and factory resetted many times but the issue keeps coming back after I boot into system. To clarify, my steps were to reformat inside the wipe section, boot into recovery and check to see there's no encryption, and then boot back to system to install magisk with the manager app. I have tried adding a factory reset to that process, but that won't work either. My TWRP is 3.2.1-0 and I will try to update it and see if it works. Also, sorry if I reply slow.

What exactly is the issue that you are having?

Revanth_24

Recognized Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Kindly Move On To Device Specific Forums

I have redmi note 5 mec7s and i instal global stable 9.5.13.0
now phone booting to mesage "encrypting don't reboot your phone" and goes to mi recovery and bootloop
if a make wipe then again booting to mesage "encrypting don't reboot your phone" and goes to mi recovery
how that i remove encrypting from adb or fastboot ?
This Isn't a Place To Discuss About this Particular Device! Kindly Move On To device specific Forums

Reactions: sekhar0199

phanimitra vadlamani

Oct 26, 2016
I have read somewhere in the internet that clearing credentials (found here---> settings > security > advanced > encryption and credentials > clear credentials) can remove encryption..... don't know if it works..... didn't try....let me know if it works....

Disease8

Dec 12, 2010
Hello Guys,

We have Only 1 Twrp Recovery. And u guys Might be Pissed that it has Encryption. But the Encryption Problem Is Not in the Twrp, it is due to ROM.

Guide to Remove Encryption

1. Boot to Twrp Recovery
2. Do a Factory Reset, Internal Storage Wipe
3. Reboot to Recovery Again
4. Hurray We have Removed the Encryption

F.A.Q'S
1. This Method Removes All Ur Files Which are there in Your Internal Storage.
2. I wont be responsible For the Bricks u Do For Your Device

Do Give a Thanks If U Like My Work :)
wow who knew it was so simple... strange but why is it now encrypted I have been installing roms for 10 years and never encountered it being encrypted...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

We have Only 1 Twrp Recovery. And u guys Might be Pissed that it has Encryption. But the Encryption Problem Is Not in the Twrp, it is due to ROM.

Guide to Remove Encryption

1. Boot to Twrp Recovery
    2. Do a Factory Reset, Internal Storage Wipe
    3. Reboot to Recovery Again
    4. Hurray We have Removed the Encryption

F.A.Q'S
    1. This Method Removes All Ur Files Which are there in Your Internal Storage.
    2. I wont be responsible For the Bricks u Do For Your Device

Do Give a Thanks If U Like My Work :)
    Does the twrp encryption removal survive ota updates and oreo beta update?

I don't think so because every .nb0 file that i flashed have encryption enabled. But after flashing new rom, you can immediately factory reset when you boot to rom to prevent losing data.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

@MoHuToP
    ok, i tried full twrp backup, but it stops on system image backup, it stoped around 60%. Backup have 11.5 GB (really huge isn't it).
    Quick question, fellas;
    Mine tarp is ported from P9. Is this is the only one recovery around for our device?
    What about full tarp backup and format /system and /data? Is there any chance for brick? I've rooted with Magical, but because of the encryption (I cannot see internal memory and /data) I doesn't flash any modules. Thanks for the future info!

yeah, that is only recovery that works, you can brick device if you wipe /system. You should wipe /system only when you are doing full wipe (flashing new ROM). You can wipe /data but it will remove existing non-system apps. I never did twrp backup so you can try.
    Kindly Move On To Device Specific Forums

I have redmi note 5 mec7s and i instal global stable 9.5.13.0
    now phone booting to mesage "encrypting don't reboot your phone" and goes to mi recovery and bootloop
    if a make wipe then again booting to mesage "encrypting don't reboot your phone" and goes to mi recovery
    how that i remove encrypting from adb or fastboot ?
    This Isn't a Place To Discuss About this Particular Device! Kindly Move On To device specific Forums