Working ROM for Markw in late 2021?

Search This thread

thumos2

Dec 3, 2019
Hi,

As of December 2021, is there an alternative ROM that would reliably work for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime?

I am asking because the standard MIUI ROM has not been updated for years and I am having quite a few glitches - I think, because of that. For example, Vivaldi browser and Fairemail frequently crash, as well as some other programs.

I am looking for something that would, really, just work, hardware- and software-wise. With no bugs. At least with no serious bugs.

My understanding is that the choice is not wide. Please report if you have tested a ROM that works for Redmi 4 Prime in late 2021. I don't want to throw away this phone.

Last edited:

thumos2

Dec 3, 2019
everything works just fine except that I couldn't get device encryption working properly
That's the thing. I need encryption to keep my data safe.

I wonder if Lineage OS has any encryption issues. I read that when the drive is encrypted, you cannot use fingerprint unblocking. Perhaps there are issues with encryption itself, too.

Thanks for the reply though.

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
In my opinion, actually, the best Rom out there is lineage 17.1, in terms of stability, whole functionality and amazing battery backup, poor about the feature just in line with lineage tradition (just the possibility to reboot or power off in notification panel).
Of course the encryption make problematic the fingerprint recognition, as each interesting cusrom for Markw!
Sorry for my English.

*lineage 17 from @ShihabZzz

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
Thanks for the reply. There's already Lineage 18 for Markw, compiled by Shihabzzz. Is there a way to make encryption and fingerprint compatible though?
In my experience, nowadays, the 17 is more stable to 18 (every @ShihabZzz works is absolute accurate). You can try also mokee 9 or 10 and i suggest you orange fox recovery, the last one official 10.1 to try encryption (sorry but i never used encryption in my devices!)

marduj5

Aug 16, 2012
I am using ported miui rom NSA based on miui eu.I am happy with it.It is android 9.I have no major bugs but I don't use encryption sao I can't tell you nothing about it.I tried many roms.Crdroid ,arrowos ,havoc lineage os bit I prefer ported miui.It is so sad that markw never get official android version update.

Top Liked Posts