[Working] Xposed Framework on Fire HD 8 (6th Generation)

Search This thread

tkdfriend

Dec 14, 2013
Hello! I have managed to get Xposed Framework working 100% on my rooted Kindle Fire HD 8 2016. My apologies if I posted in the wrong forum or incorrectly titled this thread as I am new here.
The following method I used is as follows.

1. Downloaded the Xposed Framework installer located at:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/material-design-xposed-installer-t3137758

2. Get some sort of File Explorer app. I personally recommend ES File Explorer.

2. Install APK normally with either browser or file manager app (ex: ES File Explorer)

3. Open app and go to official tab.

4. You should see something that looks like xposed-v87-sdk22-arm, next to it there should be a little downward facing arrow.
Click on it.

5. Select xposed-v87-sdk22-arm64 from the dropdown menu.

6. Click on Install or Install/Update

7. By now you should see a little console window popped up displaying that there was an error finding "app_process64". This is normal.

8. Go to home screen and open your File Explorer app.

9. Navagate to /system/bin/ and delete the file: "app_process64_xposed"

10. Reboot your tablet ("Optimizing System blah blah blah" is normal when booting.)

11. Open the Xposed installer app we downloaded earlier

12. If you see a green box with a checkmark in the middle it worked!

13. Go give coltxL2717 a big ol' thanks over on his post at:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70607706&postcount=4
He's the real MVP! ;)

Last edited:

imadiamond

Sep 13, 2010
Hello! I have managed to get Xposed Framework working 100% on my rooted Kindle Fire HD 8 2016.

Thank you for this! Rooted. Installed the framework which was needed first and have now installed Xprivacy module. Important to control what applications can and cannot access (location, network, identity, accounts, etc.)

ttcontributor

Jun 24, 2015
What module is working to modify the home button to launch a new launcher app instead of returning to the Fire OS home screen?

Last edited:

tkdfriend

Dec 14, 2013
Yes, exactly fine. But make sure not to test every Xposed module cz it might soft brick your Fire ! ;)
I recommend 'GravityBox [LP]' as it has pretty extensive features.

:crying: Already hard bricked my first Fire 6 :crying: Luckily Amazon was a good sport and sent me a new one. Yes! I've learned very quickly to make sure everything is completely stable before attempting anything on these devices as they are VERY touchy! :good:

kferling

Oct 12, 2018
"app_process 64 xposed cannot be deleted"

Using ES :confused:

Update: Woops, forgot to enable Root Explorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcarlson40

xzn1

Dec 15, 2018
Hey, I am stuck at the step where I have to choose the framework. I only have xposed-v89-sdk22-arm64. How do I get v87?

I read that v89 works and used it.

Last edited:

ugzz

Nov 10, 2011
v89 downloads then when the popup to install appears, the app freezes and i'm booted back to the desktop...

marksee

Jul 30, 2011
los angeles
i broke it

So, i'm pretty sure i messed up the process, i selected the wrong option from the drop down and it gave me an error. Once i restarted the Fire 10, it's now stuck in bootloop. (fire logo). I tried logging in to the recovery (vol Down+power) but it doesn't let me and restarts.
The tablet was rooted, and had google apps installed.
Any suggestions to get it back?

wcarlson40

May 26, 2016
So, i'm pretty sure i messed up the process, i selected the wrong option from the drop down and it gave me an error. Once i restarted the Fire 10, it's now stuck in bootloop. (fire logo). I tried logging in to the recovery (vol Down+power) but it doesn't let me and restarts.
The tablet was rooted, and had google apps installed.
Any suggestions to get it back?

Ugg, same thing happened to me. I followed all the directions after rooting. Stuck at "Fire" logo as well.

Had to boot into recovery and flash stock image (5.6.1.0) to get working again......

UPDATE - 2nd time around all went well. First time I couldn't delete the file using ES, so I just figured I'd reboot first.... Bad idea. Make sure you delete the file first (Enable Root Explorer in ES if it says it can't be deleted)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! I have managed to get Xposed Framework working 100% on my rooted Kindle Fire HD 8 2016. My apologies if I posted in the wrong forum or incorrectly titled this thread as I am new here.
    The following method I used is as follows.

1. Downloaded the Xposed Framework installer located at:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/material-design-xposed-installer-t3137758

2. Get some sort of File Explorer app. I personally recommend ES File Explorer.

2. Install APK normally with either browser or file manager app (ex: ES File Explorer)

3. Open app and go to official tab.

4. You should see something that looks like xposed-v87-sdk22-arm, next to it there should be a little downward facing arrow.
    Click on it.

5. Select xposed-v87-sdk22-arm64 from the dropdown menu.

6. Click on Install or Install/Update

7. By now you should see a little console window popped up displaying that there was an error finding "app_process64". This is normal.

8. Go to home screen and open your File Explorer app.

9. Navagate to /system/bin/ and delete the file: "app_process64_xposed"

10. Reboot your tablet ("Optimizing System blah blah blah" is normal when booting.)

11. Open the Xposed installer app we downloaded earlier

12. If you see a green box with a checkmark in the middle it worked!

13. Go give coltxL2717 a big ol' thanks over on his post at:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70607706&postcount=4
    He's the real MVP! ;)
    What modules are you using?

I am using AdBlocker reborn, Xstana (can only change nav bar), YouTube AdAway and YouTube Background Playback.

Most mods do not work, but I've only tried a very few out of all the options they have.
    @coopmaster Confirmed also working with HD 8 (5th Generation), buy using arm only; not the x64 or x86 and no further deletion is needed.
    "app_process 64 xposed cannot be deleted"

Using ES :confused:

Update: Woops, forgot to enable Root Explorer.