World First Galaxy S7 Qualcomm Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

meraz9000

Oct 7, 2011
well here's some proof of concept of my successfully rooted Galaxy S7 Edge. There's still lots of bugs but most root apps work.

Suck it Samsung :cool:

2ecpwf6.png

No ETA yet..

Last edited:

Nv1dia

Apr 29, 2010
I think you should probably inform people of whether or not this method your working on requires no OTA to have been taken. I know a lot of people have been holding off, and other have been upgrading ASAP

DarkFlasher

Oct 18, 2010
New Jersey
I think you should probably inform people of whether or not this method your working on requires no OTA to have been taken. I know a lot of people have been holding off, and other have been upgrading ASAP

This is true. I literally gave up on hope for root two days ago and took the plunge. Fingers crossed! It's great to know that there are devs that go above and beyond to bring us root!

rdeets

Mar 28, 2009
Kansas City
Is this just root or did you actually get the bootloader unlocked? Don't get me wrong, root by itself would be amazing, but I dream of being able to slap an AOSP ROM on this device.

Reactions: TheKnux

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
I've been looking to replace my 3 year old, battered, yet trusty and still excellent S4, and the S7 has been the only worthy phone which checks enough boxes in terms of features and physical size, but without root I won't do it. Perhaps Samsung will be getting some business from me after all. Ideally, unlocked bootloader would be the preference, but rooted stock will give me enough of what I need. Any idea if this would work on the standard, non-Edge S7?

treepog

Jun 21, 2011
Holy sh** you are awesome!!!!!!

I am sprint s7 not edge and i have taken zero updates :) cant wait!

Netconn

Mar 25, 2011
Los Angeles
Root would be good enough for me. I don't really care about loading ROM's at this point. S7 has been sitting in the box since I got it, waiting for root.

Reactions: canynballa

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I'm still a bit skeptical but to be honest at least he's given some kind of proof. We shouldn't be bugging him for any information since we all know that Samsung is reading and doing everything that they can to stop this from happening. Let's keep it on the down low and just wait to see what gets developed. I would like to know if Samsung Pay still works, if we can flash a custom recovery, if root sticks after a reboot, etc but if the OP reveals too much... Samsung might get wise. Smartest thing here is to keep it to a small group for testing and then go from there. Rest of us just need to be a little patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well here's some proof of concept of my successfully rooted Galaxy S7 Edge. There's still lots of bugs but most root apps work.

Suck it Samsung :cool:

2ecpwf6.png

No ETA yet..
    @Sunderwear,
    Do you have an update for us? Otherwise, a mod might as well just close the thread. You can request to have it re-opened when or if you get something.

Agreed. Without an update from the OP, this is a bust and now the thread is just chasing its tail going nowhere.

@Sunderwear, PM me if you have an update with progress and would like the thread re-opened.

THREAD CLOSED
    I would choose words wisely when speaking of anyone that has given so much to the xda community. Have you ever taken a moment to see what he has done for android users and for free too.
    what is the point of this post? shows nothing, proves nothing, explains nothing...
    Then refrain yourself from posting here. Nothing to see here.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Can we keep this thread on topic please? This isn't about privacy etc. I see this thread getting shut down if this keeps happening. Get each other's hangouts or telegram if you want to chat it up.
    Sorry for the ping everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk