World First: Guide to Install APK on Watch 3 Series

Search This thread

huaweiailesitr

Dec 5, 2020
1628455528453.png

As the Huawei Ailesi, we promised to make a big difference compared to the classical media, and we continue to keep this promise in a way that will guide the world. Here is a guide that no one else has: the guide to install apps as APKs on the new Watch 3 series! We are very excited, if you are ready let's get started!

First of all, we need to point out that this guide does not work on the Watch GT series, that is, the smart wearable series with LiteOS operating system, please do not try it in vain and do not ask questions like "Will it work on Watch GT 2 Pro?" in the comments. Only valid for the new Watch 3 series.

Of course, it is necessary to meet some requirements before this process.

Requirements:

- Computer

– Watch 3 series or any laptop (or a WiFi-enabled desktop) connected to the same network

Minimal ADB and Fastboot

If the requirements are ready, let's start the installation.

1-) First, go to the settings on the watch, then go to the about device section and press the build number a few times. Developer options will open.

2-) Then go back and find the developer options, scroll down the menu slowly and activate the "Debug via Wi-Fi" button.

1628455649479.png

3-) That's all we're going to do clockwise for now, we switch to the computer and run the Minimal ADB program.

r/Huawei - World First: Guide to Install APK on Watch Series 3

4-) We take a note of the ip address on the clock and enter the command adb connect 100.100.100.100:5555 (written as an example) and connect the computer to the Watch.

We provide confirmation to the connection from the confirmation window that appears on the watch. When everything is done the command you entered will result in a space. If you get a network error, please check your network conditions.

5-) Enter the command adb shell pm disable-user com.android.packageinstaller in the active command window. This command will disable the verification of applications trying to install from external sources, if you continue without using this command, the applications will not be installed.

6-) Transfer any APK file to the location of Minimal ADB for testing, we can recommend you to try YouTube Vanced on the watch.

7-) Then enter the command adb install apkad.apk (example: adb install vanced.apk) in the active command window, the apk name here will be the name of the APK you copied into Minimal ADB, you cannot install with any random name.

😎 That's it, you'll see the YouTube logo on the watch's interface, isn't it great?

Note: In order not to damage the system integrity, when you are finished installing the APK, enter the adb shell pm enable com.android.packageinstaller command and close the command window.

We are waiting for you to write the applications you have tried and got successful results in the comments section, Huawei Ailesi has shown its difference again 😉

Source: Original Link

LeoBounce

Sep 25, 2013
This way a regular APK will be installed, or there is a way to install a wear version of apk? Apps supported by watch often have special version of app inside APK specially designed for watch and in the past there was a way to specify that you want to install not the phone app version, but the watch app version. Thank you for your guide!

bransolo

Sep 19, 2021
Murcia
www.bransolo.com
Thank you for the tutorial.
I have followed all the steps and managed to install my first applications on my Huawei Watch 3.

For those arriving, I have noticed that if the watch screen turns off ADB is disconnected, so I have done all the command line process with the screen in "always active" mode.

WEAR OS APPS
I have tried some Wear OS apps without success, like Youtube Music (Vanced), Web Browser, Photo Gallery, Mail client.... All of them exit after a few seconds, except Youtube Music / Video Player for Youtube which works but requires a login module which doesn't work or is not installed / installable.

HUAWEI WEB BROWSER
I have installed the Huawei web browser from here:

And it works quite well.

I have managed to login to my google account and from there, I access youtube, drive, gmail, etc....
Youtube plays the videos perfectly, even in full screen ( you can't exit full screen, you have to press the watch button to exit the browser).
The watch gestures to display controls, notifications, or return to the previous screen do not work. However, from the top right corner you can access the browser menu, where the back and next controls are shown to navigate between pages.

Not perfect, but useful.

Attached are some pictures and I'm still testing apps :)

Attachments

• 1632063763314.jpg
    1632063763314.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 1632063763324.jpg
    1632063763324.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 870
  • 1632063763319.jpg
    1632063763319.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 900
  • 1632063763322.jpg
    1632063763322.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 855
  • 1632063763326.jpg
    1632063763326.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 874
  • 1632063763316.jpg
    1632063763316.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 918
  • 1632063763329.jpg
    1632063763329.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 1,000

bransolo

Sep 19, 2021
Murcia
www.bransolo.com
YOUTUBE VANCED
Just installed it from apkpure and it works properly.
I can even use the watch gestures to navigate.
I cannot login into my Youtube account (and I don't know if I should do it) even with microG.apk installed.
Nothing happens.

But it works: it plays video and I can even mirror the screen via Chromecast or FireTV.

COLOR NOTE
Working perfect com.socialnmobile.dictapps.notepad.color.note

CX File Explorer
Working too, I've been trying Dropbox integration and it worked great. I can now download pictures, videos, etc... to my watch from dropbox. CX Explorer has an image, audio, and docs gallery. So... all included here. com.cxinventor.file.explorer

Last edited:
Reactions: trailmaker

certomaz

May 23, 2007
Sofia
It does not work for me. ADB sais: cannot connect to 192.168.0.127:5555: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)

The watch model is Watch 3 Pro - 509, GLL-AL01, the firmware is the latest avialable for me: 2.0.0.179

Tried to restart the watch. Tried different Wi-Fi (for PC and watch), tried keep screen on while charging and with charger. The option in dev. menu sais: Unavialable

1632319269212.jpg

Last edited:

bransolo

Sep 19, 2021
Murcia
www.bransolo.com
It does not work for me. ADB sais: cannot connect to 192.168.0.127:5555: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)

The watch model is Watch 3 Pro - 509, GLL-AL01, the firmware is the latest avialable for me: 2.0.0.179

Tried to restart the watch. Tried different Wi-Fi (for PC and watch), tried keep screen on while charging and with charger. The option in dev. menu sais: Unavialable

View attachment 5416095

Where it says Unavailable it should appear the target ip. If not shown, you cannot connect via adb. Do the following:

1. Activate Flight Mode from notification bar.
2. Now, active only wifi and make sure any other connection is disabled. In the notification bar it must appear only the wifi icon next to the battery level icon.
3. Go to Developer settings and first switch on the HDC Debugging, and after that switch on the Wifi debug.
Then, it must show the IP.

Until any IP is shown there you cannot connect via adb.

bransolo

Sep 19, 2021
Murcia
www.bransolo.com
TELEGRAM
Installed in my Watch 3 4G and it works fine! The keyboard is always in capital letters though :/

WHATSAPP
Installed the last apk version and it works perfect. The only issue is that by now Whatsapp allows only one account at a time, so, you have to choose whatsapp in smartphone or smartwhatch, but not both right now. Waiting for multi-account whatsapp version coming soon. I've tried clone solutions but they don't work. I can use Whatsapp Web in desktop mode via HUAWEI BROWSER (installation instructions above) but is not what I'm looking for.

PINTEREST
Works fine, not very comfortable.

ANGHAMI MUSIC
Arab music on the go.

STELLARIUM
Works fine until you swipe from left to right. Doing this the app stops moving the star map interface.

[Edit 19/10/2021]​

SPOTIFY LITE
From apkpure, in APK format (not xapk), working perfect with no premium needed!

Is this the only watch having Whatsapp and free Spotify and nobody knows about it?

IMG_20211006_194716.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: trailmaker

trailmaker

Sep 25, 2007
Wow, this is really something. Great work!

I have a couple of questions, though:

Is the firmware update affected in any way? Have you received any update since you have installed apps this way?

Would installing apkpure app allow apps to be installed from the watch?

bransolo

Sep 19, 2021
Murcia
www.bransolo.com
Wow, this is really something. Great work!

I have a couple of questions, though:

Is the firmware update affected in any way? Have you received any update since you have installed apps this way?

Would installing apkpure app allow apps to be installed from the watch?
As far as I know there's no reason it can affect updates, no system modifications are made, just pushing in the apk.
Also, I haven't tried to install apkpure app, what I do is to download the apk I want to use ADB to install them.
I've tried to install an apk downloaded right to the watch from web browser, opening it with CX Explorer, but no luck. I think ADB is the only way till now to install apps in the watch. Just use a computer and let's go ;)

trailmaker

Sep 25, 2007
I successfully installed Browser, youtube vanced, cx file explorer. I tried installing navigation apps but none worked. Tried Waze and some other apps found on apkpure.
Apkpure app installed and started, but I could not do anything in it.
Tried installing some app for controlling the lights in my house but it gave an error when starting.
How can I install xapk files? I could only install apk. (google maps is xapk).

bransolo

Sep 19, 2021
Murcia
www.bransolo.com
I successfully installed Browser, youtube vanced, cx file explorer. I tried installing navigation apps but none worked. Tried Waze and some other apps found on apkpure.
Tried installing some app for controlling the lights in my house but it gave an error when starting.

At the moment only simple apps can be installed, and no xapk. Apps working will be those having no external resources, no google interaction, no advanced libraries, and so on...
Keep it simple by now. :)

Reactions: lince69 and CRX_

trailmaker

Sep 25, 2007
At the moment only simple apps can be installed, and no xapk. Apps working will be those having no external resources, no google interaction, no advanced libraries, and so on...
I have seen in this video a map application working:
That same application is an xapk. (it's called Mapy cz navigation offline maps)

PanNet

Feb 16, 2006
Here and There
Hi All,
I cannot force my watch 3 Pro to communicate with my PC. It always returns eror code:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb connect 192.168.XXX.XXX.5555
unable to connect to 192.168.XXX.XXX.5555:5555: cannot resolve host '192.168.XXX.XXX.5555' and port 5555: No such host is known. (11001).
Latter I am going try again. It seems I am doing something wrong.

Regards'

trailmaker

Sep 25, 2007
Hi All,
I cannot force my watch 3 Pro to communicate with my PC. It always returns eror code:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb connect 192.168.XXX.XXX.5555
unable to connect to 192.168.XXX.XXX.5555:5555: cannot resolve host '192.168.XXX.XXX.5555' and port 5555: No such host is known. (11001).
Latter I am going try again. It seems I am doing something wrong.

Regards'
You should have : before 5555, not .

Doane NERRIERE

May 8, 2017
TELEGRAM
Installed in my Watch 3 4G and it works fine! The keyboard is always in capital letters though :/

WHATSAPP
Installed the last apk version and it works perfect. The only issue is that by now Whatsapp allows only one account at a time, so, you have to choose whatsapp in smartphone or smartwhatch, but not both right now. Waiting for multi-account whatsapp version coming soon. I've tried clone solutions but they don't work. I can use Whatsapp Web in desktop mode via HUAWEI BROWSER (installation instructions above) but is not what I'm looking for.

PINTEREST
Works fine, not very comfortable.

ANGHAMI MUSIC
Arab music on the go.

STELLARIUM
Works fine until you swipe from left to right. Doing this the app stops moving the star map interface.

[Edit 19/10/2021]​

SPOTIFY LITE
From apkpure, in APK format (not xapk), working perfect with no premium needed!

Is this the only watch having Whatsapp and free Spotify and nobody knows about it?

View attachment 5427003
Hello,
Thanks a lot for your apps, they works perferctly.
I am looking for an application that would allow me to have the alarms synchronization of my phone (OnePlus 9 Pro, so NO HUAWEI PHONE) on my watch, do you have a solution? I did not find any.
Thanks for your feedback. I think an application like this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1628455528453.png

As the Huawei Ailesi, we promised to make a big difference compared to the classical media, and we continue to keep this promise in a way that will guide the world. Here is a guide that no one else has: the guide to install apps as APKs on the new Watch 3 series! We are very excited, if you are ready let's get started!

First of all, we need to point out that this guide does not work on the Watch GT series, that is, the smart wearable series with LiteOS operating system, please do not try it in vain and do not ask questions like "Will it work on Watch GT 2 Pro?" in the comments. Only valid for the new Watch 3 series.

Of course, it is necessary to meet some requirements before this process.

Requirements:

- Computer

– Watch 3 series or any laptop (or a WiFi-enabled desktop) connected to the same network

Minimal ADB and Fastboot

If the requirements are ready, let's start the installation.

1-) First, go to the settings on the watch, then go to the about device section and press the build number a few times. Developer options will open.

2-) Then go back and find the developer options, scroll down the menu slowly and activate the "Debug via Wi-Fi" button.

1628455649479.png

3-) That's all we're going to do clockwise for now, we switch to the computer and run the Minimal ADB program.

4-) We take a note of the ip address on the clock and enter the command adb connect 100.100.100.100:5555 (written as an example) and connect the computer to the Watch.

We provide confirmation to the connection from the confirmation window that appears on the watch. When everything is done the command you entered will result in a space. If you get a network error, please check your network conditions.

5-) Enter the command adb shell pm disable-user com.android.packageinstaller in the active command window. This command will disable the verification of applications trying to install from external sources, if you continue without using this command, the applications will not be installed.

6-) Transfer any APK file to the location of Minimal ADB for testing, we can recommend you to try YouTube Vanced on the watch.

7-) Then enter the command adb install apkad.apk (example: adb install vanced.apk) in the active command window, the apk name here will be the name of the APK you copied into Minimal ADB, you cannot install with any random name.

😎 That's it, you'll see the YouTube logo on the watch's interface, isn't it great?

Note: In order not to damage the system integrity, when you are finished installing the APK, enter the adb shell pm enable com.android.packageinstaller command and close the command window.

We are waiting for you to write the applications you have tried and got successful results in the comments section, Huawei Ailesi has shown its difference again 😉

Source: Original Link
    Thank you for the tutorial.
    I have followed all the steps and managed to install my first applications on my Huawei Watch 3.

For those arriving, I have noticed that if the watch screen turns off ADB is disconnected, so I have done all the command line process with the screen in "always active" mode.

WEAR OS APPS
    I have tried some Wear OS apps without success, like Youtube Music (Vanced), Web Browser, Photo Gallery, Mail client.... All of them exit after a few seconds, except Youtube Music / Video Player for Youtube which works but requires a login module which doesn't work or is not installed / installable.

HUAWEI WEB BROWSER
    I have installed the Huawei web browser from here:

And it works quite well.

I have managed to login to my google account and from there, I access youtube, drive, gmail, etc....
    Youtube plays the videos perfectly, even in full screen ( you can't exit full screen, you have to press the watch button to exit the browser).
    The watch gestures to display controls, notifications, or return to the previous screen do not work. However, from the top right corner you can access the browser menu, where the back and next controls are shown to navigate between pages.

Not perfect, but useful.

Attached are some pictures and I'm still testing apps :)

View attachment 5416095

Where it says Unavailable it should appear the target ip. If not shown, you cannot connect via adb. Do the following:

1. Activate Flight Mode from notification bar.
    2. Now, active only wifi and make sure any other connection is disabled. In the notification bar it must appear only the wifi icon next to the battery level icon.
    3. Go to Developer settings and first switch on the HDC Debugging, and after that switch on the Wifi debug.
    Then, it must show the IP.

Until any IP is shown there you cannot connect via adb.
    Hi there,
    I wanted to activate the debug mode on my gt3 watch.
    But when I go to the about menu I can only find device name, Modell, Mac-Adress, harmony version if pushed it's changing to software version and the SN number and no build number.
    I tried pushing every single one about 20 times. Nothing happened.
    Can anybody help me out to find the build number cause I'm going crazy.