General worst phone ever

Search This thread

bioly87

Mar 15, 2011
How long this phone can record 4k60fps video with flash light before overheat? Do this test in room temperature ~21*C

yashpatel99

Aug 24, 2017
OnePlus 6
Redmi Note 10 Pro
This is the smoothest 60hz Android phone I've ever used. Doesn't heat up. Gets warm while using camera or playing games like every other phone in the world does. Nothing to worry about. After A13 september patch fingerprint is accurate 10 out of 10 times. I bought it after that so I don't know how it was before that. This is best phone at this price or even at any price.
That camera man you take more photos and you keep falling in love more and more with that camera.

w9909989

Nov 6, 2015
bought my 6A around 200$ from Tmobile,this phone only worth 200,it always hot,and I have root,already managed APPs,but still getting hot,my old phone is ONEPLUS 7PRO,just need charge twice a day, but everthing can beat 6A

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
After more time with the recent updates, it is still terrible. GPS still drifts, especially near power sub stations. Still will randomly get hot. I think this is a radio issue because the only thing that solves it is going into Airplane mode.

D

Deleted member 10740347

After more time with the recent updates, it is still terrible. GPS still drifts, especially near power sub stations. Still will randomly get hot. I think this is a radio issue because the only thing that solves it is going into Airplane mode.
Honestly return it if you still have issues. I have none of those and think Google's quality control is crap. Nbuy a samsung and stop whining *****

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
I'll be going on a 600km drive this weekend. Gonna use my 6a for navigation, I'll report back here if I notice any GPS malfunctions.

Also, you mentioned you think you have a radio issue, have you tried re-flashing a stock radio.img?

Meloferz

After a month using my first Pixel 6a, I could say... Looks premium but feels like a beta phone, I have a random reboots and signal get lost for both sims time to time for no reason. I don't have issues with temperature because I don't use 5G because where I live is not launched yet, so with LTE is not hot, even on hot days (38° to 40° C).
But after updates the OS gets improved and the phone becomes more stable.
About the stupid idea of blocking VoLTE and 5G for not supported countries is a BS, waiting for an update to use VoLTE.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Upgrade to beta 2 and mvk kernel. You won't regret, I promise.
What I would do to be able to install a custom kernel without bootloader unlock. One of these days I guess. The thing is I'd like to stay on beta since it's so stable but updates will probably fail due to custom kernel. So if I could do what I want I'd just update then reinstall the kernel. Any hope for this or a pipe dream?

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Why can't you unlock the bootloader?.
It's not that I can't it's just that I don't like to. I have too much on my device to allow bl unlocked access, such as banking, financials, phone records stuff like that. A determined hacker or data thief could crack open the device and copy the contents but that is way more difficult than simply booting a custom recovery or rom and have full access within minutes. I know there are two sides to this argument but I'm simply being cautious. But just flashing a custom kernel shouldn't compromise security I don't think. It's not a huge deal just one of my wishes for Android which probably will never happen.

I've flashed way too many roms when TWRP and TiB were in the golden era but that was before the device became a repository of all things. Last bootloader I had unlocked was the 5X although I have played around during the trade-in return window just to see if I could still do it. I can. lol.

edit: article a little old but the point remains. https://www.howtogeek.com/142502/ht...-of-unlocking-your-android-phones-bootloader/

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
GPS is hard to judge unless you're using some app that analyzes the "wiggle".
With Google Maps it's hard to tell how much it's snapping to a roadway offhand.

I have a crappy (Walmart $80) tablet. It used to waffle between deciding if I was on the highway or the service road.
I'm running it now on a mock location coming off my 4 constellation, >20 satellites, external active antenna GPS over WiFi UDP multicast.
It knows where it's at now.

Edit: I just looked. Standard deviation of a meter isn't too shabby.

Last edited:

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
What's the point of this thread? To cry?
XDA has sure fallen far by letting these types of threads proliferate the forums nowadays. This is a place where people come together to work on solutions to problems or improve the device in one way or another. The way you formatted the thread was to openly complain about the device without questioning if others are having the same issues. If you have complaints about a device that can't be fixed by this community then you're better off calling the manufacturer and letting them know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol acabei de comprar o 6a vale a pena a longo prazo?
    rs porque não? apreciá-lo.

Mod translation: lol why not? enjoy it.
    A friendly reminder to all about XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thank you: Badger50
    lol best phone I've ever had
    I have owned a lot of Android phones but I have to say, this is the worst one ever.

Dropped network connections, drifting GPS, bad fingerprint scanner, unresponsive apps, and overheating. I have 2 of these phones and they both suffer the same issues. I have tried all the updates on both phones and have done multiple factory resets. This has to be an embarrassment on the part of google.
    Looks like a lottery 🤷‍♂️ I own one pixel 6a and I didn't notice any of issues you mentioned, maybe fingerprint is a little bit clunky some times, but that's just it.
    D
    Deleted member 10740347
    Honestly return it if you still have issues. I have none of those and think Google's quality control is crap. Nbuy a samsung and stop whining *****
    What's the point of this thread? To cry?
    XDA has sure fallen far by letting these types of threads proliferate the forums nowadays. This is a place where people come together to work on solutions to problems or improve the device in one way or another. The way you formatted the thread was to openly complain about the device without questioning if others are having the same issues. If you have complaints about a device that can't be fixed by this community then you're better off calling the manufacturer and letting them know.